Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lament's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a longtime roleplayer, having been doing so for over twenty years now. I've played every major roleplaying system, a good amount of chat room based rp and even some rare live action role play. However, i find roleplaying to be more of an escape from a dull daily life and seek it out when my mind is still capable of coming up with good stories despite the ravages of work.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:I am from the United States, and speak English as my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing WoW in 2005 while i was in college, i just remember a friend playing a Tauren Druid and thought that was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I played primarily on Shadowsong to begin with with a Night Elf warrior before branching out into more interesting races. I eventually split away from Shadowsong and migrated to Sentinels, where i rather enjoyed casual roleplaying whenever i was not grinding out levels.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
originally i was searching google for "Blizzard like" Rp servers that did not have world PVP. Barring that, i've tried several private servers and they all seemed to discourage simple levelling and questing if you were not one of thier target audiences (PVP'ers, Raiders, etc.)

This seems to be a good compromise between blizzard like drop rates and not having to worry about being randomly killed while levelling. the benefit of good quality RP was a big plus.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer more laid-back roleplaying, tavern rp and the like. More dramatic and deep stories are nice, but they should grow out of roleplaying and not just be jumped into.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like the Tauren Deathknight.

The appeal of the Tauren Deathknight is simple, the Tauren by thier history are deeply involved in both the natural and spiritual worlds while deathknights are anathema to both of those things. Imagine a proud brave from ThunderBluff fighting alongside his Horde brethren, only to be cast down in a battle with the Scourge. Seen as strong by the Lich King, they are brought back from death only to find themselves to be the very things they hated originally. It makes for some powerful personal roleplaying.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Truth be told i don't know what to expect of this server,

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the PVP rules regarding not randomly ganking people because i am not always in the mood to roleplay and sometimes just grinding and levelling is what i'd prefer to do.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The sound of drums and revelry echoed from the top of Thunder Bluff as the Tauren people enjoy the cool night that the Earth Mother so gracefully granted them, Food and drink were bountiful and the spirit was cheerful. All save for one young brave, barely out of his calf years, who's large fingers smoothed over his newly tanned leather armor. He was to ensure that no trespassers spoiled the merriment of his people this day as his first official duty as a guard, and he wasn't about to let such an important duty pass.

But being the nature of duty, the young brave soon became bored and turned his attention to the glimmering pond nestled in the lower rise of the Bluff, watching as people he's known all his life danced and sang thier joys and wondered what fate waited for them once the Warchief called thier braves off to war. He wondered how many of his people would return next summer to enjoy this passing thrill they partook in now.

"You look troubled young brave," came a deep and powerful voice from behind him, one that the young brave knew all too well. he turned around swiftly to look up at Cairn Bloodhoof who towered a good foot over his own heights, the elder Tauren looking down at him with a bit of a smile.

The young tauren stammered through an apology, but was silenced by a large hand coming to rest on his shoulder, the wise Chieftan looking down at the young one before speaking to him.

"Don't speak apologies for this lapse, but remember the other are relying on you to protect them from our enemies. Be like the earth, silent but unmoving in your duties, and swift like the wind should you be required to act. You showed yourself to be a capable brave with your incursion into the quillboar lair, but that strength needs to be tempered with patience for you to rise to your true potential."

The young brave stood stunned that the warchief knew so much about him despite his rather lowly stature, but his shock was tempered with the knowledge that he was watched by those his superior, that Duty and Honor would be rewarded. He saluted Cairn and bid the warchief farewell, turning his gaze away from the revelry back to the elevators rising up the rise.

"Ishnealo porah, may the Earthmother smile upon you." said the Chieftan, who moved off leaving the brave to his duties.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

The one ressurection rule, does it apply while levelling/questing or is it something specific to roleplaying?
Hello there Lamentdec, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Tauren Death Knights! Yesss!

(It's specific to roleplaying, and you can resurrect more than once.)

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.