Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Breaking Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, my name's Tristan, I am 19 years of age. I plan on studying English Literature in College, and I am an avid Poet.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Lambeth, England. But currently reside in the United States with my grandmother. I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've fallen in love with the RPG gaming scene since the first Final Fantasy and Elder Scrolls games. I was introduced to the Warcraft series by a friend, and started there.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I was playing on the official World of Warcraft RP server The Venture Company, and my Guild sadly disbanded due to personal issues the GM had with another player, and one of the members suggested me here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, seeing how I have played a Paladin since day one, I love an overall scene of RP, where there's no locked in type of RP, just an open experience for the players. I also prefer, however, a larger group of players rather than a few people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human Paladin, easily. The reason being that growing up, I read Alexis Morgans series "Paladin." Which inspired me when I picked up on World of Warcraft, to immediately play a Paladin.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would hope to find a very friendly, but serious community of players which will accept me kindly.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule based on "Plagiarism" because, as a Poet, I have, in many instances, during school have a friend take a piece of my work and claim for it to be their own, which infuriated me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((Gladly, this is in the form of a poem.))
"The scourge would tremble,
as the ground would shake,
the Paladins had come,
and the darkness they would break.
By sword and by hammer,
the light they would bring,
hope for the people,
justice delivered,
with each and every swing.
When the darkness grew stronger,
the seals they would speak,
ancient words of tongue,
to gain the power they need.
When all hope was shattered,
and the legions would surround,
the Paladins would kneel,
and the heavens would sound.
The armies would flee,
as though they spotted the Maker,
but what they had seen,
was Andruin Shadebreaker.
A presence beyond the divine,
and his intentions were true,
the wisest of Paladins,
whose spoken words were few.
Feared by many,
who had embraced the dark,
even in the worst of times,
the hope in anyone would spark.
Know this forever,
a descendant of the Maker,
a Paladin of the Righteous,
The Shadebreaker."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope to find a rich and enjoyable in game life here at Conquest of the Horde, and cannot wait to meet you all in-game.
Hello there Andruin, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Your name seems familiar, but I can't think why.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
Ooooh, a poet! Now this would be a nice addition to CotH!
Welcome to CotH, Andruin! Hope we´ll see some of that poet action around.

Spoiler:
Oh, the possibilities!
Maybe make a signing maiden who uses her soft voice to make men do what she wants, or to fight for her, all while signing.
Maybe make a Death Knight that still knows how to sing, but in an unusual way, rendering his/her enemies dazed for a moment, or controling his/her ghouls by singing.
Or maybe make a signing character to simply join one of the taverns here.
But I´m rambling again. :3 <3

Anyways, welcome to CotH!