Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dotftw's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Dale and as a player of WoW I love nothing more then pure roleplaying in this game. I joined WoW in 2008 on the Alliance side as a human paladin named Alcarious. I personally can't say much else about myself as a player.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Arizona in the United States, my primary and only language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My aunt and uncle both played World of Warcraft since Vanilla and they both wanted me to try it when Wrath of the Lich King came along since I had expressed an interest in medieval/fantasy styled games. They paid for my account for the first two months.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): I heard of your server from a group of "Friends" I used to have who claimed the roleplay here was amazing. After so long of trying to RP on other rp servers (Not naming any, as some other RP servers would call it advertising.) I finally got sick of it. Since they were all full of either elitists and trolls, I wanted to come here since it looks like a unique server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy almost all types of roleplay from relaxed/citizen to Hero/action. Yet to be specific my favorite type of roleplay is playing a rare prestige class such as Rune Master, Demon Hunter, or a Techno-Mage.
What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is Humans mostly because I love their history in lore and the way they act. My favorite class is Paladin as it was the first class I leveled to eighty on retail and I enjoy playing a holy-knight, yet I most likely won't be roleplaying one here.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this server to be unique and very enjoyable for the roleplay without any Lolrpers and elitists. I also expect it to allow me to play a prestige class if I corectly apply for one, yet that remains to be found out.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The PG-13 rule largely appeals to me because I have never seen a server enforce it before, despite it needing such a rule severely. I think the rule is a great one that will hopefully keep some trolls at bay of pissing everybody off.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is a short introduction story of Alcarious Lightforge, Holy Warrior.

Maerick and Keilara were very suprised and joyful when they discovered that Keilara's pregnancy, so joyful infact they immedietly went over to the Lordaeron Cathedral to have the baby blessed before it had even been born. The child was born four weeks after the defeat of Orgrim Doomhammer at Blackrock Mountain. Maerick and Keilara both, being paladins, blessed their baby every day and raised him correctly, teaching him respect, humility, valor, and everything a noble paladin need know. Alcarious, at the age of seven, was taken by Paragor Shimmersteel to be taught the ways of a paladin. Alcarious had a very average and stable childhood up to the age of fifteen, when his parents and declared him able of wielding a sword and shield, when the scourge had shown itself in Lordaeron. Maerick's house was constructed in an isolated clearing in the mountains above Tirisfal, with only a small narrow pathway into the clearing. Maerick, Alcarious, and even Keilara were alone in defending their home and their lives from countless of scourge warriors (Who's numbers meant little due to the narrow path.) daily.

When all seemed lost and they we're pushed back to their very door Keilara swiftly grabbed a teleportation scroll from their storage chest and gave it to her son, telling him to go to Stormwind alone.(As the scroll only worked for one person.) Alcarious, with pushing from his Mother, was forced to leave his parents for dead in the mountains of Tirisfal for Stormwind. When he arrived he spoke personally with Varian Wrynn, who immedietly got him a place in the Still-being-constructed Cathedral to sleep. Alcarious had spent his time there volunteering for several things to help out the city, despite his urge to fight the scourge for revenge.

((That's all I got for now, don't judge me i'm not a storyteller.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello there Dotftw, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thank you for the story.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.