Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am an avid role-player. I usually draw many of my characters from various other fictions and use them to influence my character's personality and development. I've role-played mostly with Warcraft and I would say I am pretty well versed in the lore of Warcraft. I would say, give or take, I have role played for almost seven years now.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from Canada and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft due to my older brother also being an avid player of the original RTS games. I started playing Warcraft III and moved backwards, playing all of the original Warcraft games. I also spent a lot of my time reading up on the back story and established lore as a pass time.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I began to seek a new server over a few other servers I have been on when I found they were extremely either restrictive in their Role-Play or they were Dragon Paladins who were the son of Deathwing come to save Azeroth from their evil father. They were also able to summon the Good Burning Legion from an alternate dimension to free the Horde and Alliance from their hatred..........

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer many types of role-play and try to be as well rounded as possible in that regard.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race would be the Krokul (Broken) or the Forsaken. I hold the story of the Forsaken as one of the greater parts of Warcraft's story and they tend to offer many interesting role-play opportunities. I also deeply enjoy the Broken due to their nature within Draenei society as well as their Shamanistic ties. I tend to prefer Mages as my class to role-play. They often offer many versatile options on how one can play their character that way.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect an experience that does not involve inter-dimensional Dragon Warlock-Paladin-Demon Hunters who were born of Sargaeras and Alexstraza. In all seriousness, I am keeping my expectations open to enjoy the quality role-play this server promises.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Knowing when to quit is a very important rule I find. I have encountered at many times (And occasionally myself included) players who take IC actions as OOC actions. Knowing when a character is over and done with is essential to grow as a role-player and being unable to let go of a character only furthers to limit your own potential and ruin your own imagination.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

They had heard the drums before. Beating in endless rhythmic waves of sound to match their heartbeats. It spurred them onward, quickening their pace through the ivy laden vale. It was the seasonal hunt for the tribe and Suji was determined to make the grand kill to set himself apart from the other young trolls of his tribe. With spear in hand, he raced through the jungles of Stranglethorn with great swiftness. The leaves around him blurred into walls of emerald darkness, hiding him from the beasts of the jungle.
The drums continued to beat within his ears though they had long been out of his range of hearing, he felt them from within. This would be the day he became a true troll, he thought to himself, his crimson mane now begin carried by the wind. Suddenly, he abruptly stopped, he could feel he was no longer alone in the emerald shadows of Stranglethorn's undergrowth - he was being watched.
He swore to himself, he would not be the prey this day, instead he would rise to great heights! The dazzling daydreams of him as warlord of the great Gurubashi empire swam in his head. For now, he would have to settle with proving himself as an adult. He began to focus on the jungle that surrounded him, he could feel the glare of his prey intently upon his shoulders. He began to crouch, walking slowly across the glen. Each step was carefully placed as to not step on one of the many debris that coated the earthy floor under him. He walked as silent as the moon upon the night sky, silently praying to the Loa to grant him the glory he desired.
He continued along his path when suddenly he heard the mew of a tiger. He did not know where it came from but the hair on his back stood upright, for he knew that as carefully as he tried to avoid this fate, he had become the prey. Any sudden movement would result in his swift death. He began to ponder where it came from, standing as still as possible in his position. He rotated around slowly with all care to look up his flank. Nothing.
He looked back when he was greeted by two eyes glaring at him from the underbrush. They looked at him with primal intention, one of hunger, the desire to kill. He would make no move, he would wait until his last breath if it promised him survival against the foe that now looked upon him intently.
The strap on his belt which had held his tomahawk gave way by awful chance, the axe falling upon a twig, snapping it with ease. His face shifted to one of panic as he knew what was about to come. He braced himself as the lumbering form of a great jungle cat suddenly lay upon him, it's fangs making contact with his shoulder. He drove the blunt end of his spear upwards into the cat's underbelly, causing it to sink it's fangs deeper into the wound, now matching the colour of the troll's mane.
He spun the spear upwards now, using it to cleave into the tiger's hide. The fangs gave way as the pain from the slash became to great for the beast. It doubled back, entering a pouncing position. Suji would waste no time - he raised his spear in the air, bringing it down upon the tiger's head, the crude blade splitting right into the beasts skull.
The cat went limp, resigning itself to death. Suji began to notice his trollish regeneration already beginning to heal over the wounds from the beast. He stumbled over to the corpse, uttering a small prayer to the Loa in honour of the beast's sacrifice. He finished, rising to his feat. He painted himself in the blood of the beast, taking it's jaw as a necklace and trophy. He began to walk back to his elders with the knowledge that soon, he would be more than just an adult, he would be great amongst his people.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
There is nothing else I really have to say other than I hope that this is sufficient and I hope to see you all in-game. :D
Hello there ExileFromEden, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Is your name a reference to something (apart from the obvious biblical)? Just out of curiosity.

Thank you for the story.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
It has a semi-personal meaning and it has to do with one of my favourite shows, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I will look it all over and see you in-game!
Ah, Evangelion. Good stuff.

Also, did you know that post right there was my six-hundredth and sixty-sixth(666)? Ironic, right?