Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Closing of Runes and Necromancy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We're no longer accepting profiles of Runemasters or Necromancers at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
WHAT? YOU MEAN THAT RIGHT NOW, WHEN I'VE JUST STARTED MY CLAYNT, YOU'RE SHUTTING THEM DOWN?

Edit: Oh, God, the caps. Sorry.

Second edit: Anyways, I demand an explanation!
Not even as prestige classes?
And, and, and.. what would happen to those that started or are already Necromancers/Runemasters ?
>.>
(08-03-2011, 08:57 AM)13kira13 Wrote: [ -> ]And, and, and.. what would happen to those that started or are already Necromancers/Runemasters ?
>.>

Those who have already begun/finished Necromancer or Runemaster training or have posted profiles may continue as they are.
However, you will not be able to use base Necromancer/Runemaster characters as they are when the next server restart eventually comes (whether it's for Cata or sometime earlier.) So, enjoy them while they last.
YES!
*raises two fingers in the air, yelling "Victory!"*
Spoiler:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt9za1NHdiPSnfFGtnD97...tlf21N7hLH]

Edit: But how about an explanation as to what made you get these things out ?
Spoiler:
400th post <3
(08-03-2011, 09:08 AM)13kira13 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: But how about an explanation as to what made you get these things out ?

A change in preparation for future changes. This was one of those things that would end up being more problematic in the future the longer we leave them open (because, again, we're not letting people play base Necro or RM after the next restart, whenever that is.)
I'll just throw down this for you, flammos: ^
xD

Oh, and I understand now why.. kinda.
I completely agree with this decision. There's no need to mess with two extra base classes. I could see these as a prestige, but it doesn't make sense because they don't exist as base classes in the game.
Confused as heck. But I shall watch and see what happens before I make some doomsday prophecy of hatred or some revelation of never ending love.
(08-03-2011, 09:21 AM)flammos200 Wrote: [ -> ]And here I was thinkin' they were a step in the right direction.

Here's a question, though; Why take the two classes down?

He explained they would be problematic post-restart, unless you're asking how they are problematic post restart, if so, I feel silly for correcting you.
Besides, Blizzard didn't add them in since they already were going for Death Knights.
So they just gave some of the abilities and mechanics to the death knights!
I guess it may feel strange for me to say something since I don't have a character affected by this anyways.

Runemasters seem to be like your standard fighting class but with lots of tattoos. Death knights seem like a practical equivalent to necromancers, they just aren't as spell-casty I guess.

What I'm trying to say is that I think you could rp out a similar character concept, should it be a melee-unarmed fighter or a person using undead magic, but choose one of the base classes Blizzard has to offer rather than take in extra D20 classes.

So I guess I'm fine with this.
I have Runemaster and a Necromancer-in-training. I liked the idea, as it's nice to RP something other than a fel-sucking warlock. I think the warriors do a fine job being diverse, though. There were already plenty of brawlers before Runemasters. I can understand why this could be a mess say, six months down the road.

I got a question though. Are there any options for current RM/Necros if they want to change?

Edit: Wow I'm a slow poster. I agree with Wuv.
Pages: 1 2 3