Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well I've always loved to role play. I would have to say my involvement with my school's plays and musicals has helped me develop role playing skills. I tend to base my characters on variations of my personality. I love lore and I try to scour the Internet for any type of lore I'm interested. The main two lores that interest me the most is Warcraft (of course) and Warhammer (not their video games but the actual table top games). I've been role playing for about 7 years or so.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in the United States and my primary language is English. But I did take Spanish for three years (although I learned almost nothing from that) and I'm currently taking Mandarin (Which is a dialect of Chinese).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well my step brothers introduced me to Warcraft III RoC and TFT so that's where I got interested in Warcraft in general. I didn't start playing World of Warcraft until recently where one of my friends played and the let me play and after that I loved it.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Well...Honestly, I was looking for an rp server and you were the first site that was easy to find where I didn't have to look through a huge list of 100 or 200 sites where only 10 percent or so were actually role playing servers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well I like any type that doesn't into some weird twisted and sick thing that includes [censored] or [censored]. So yeah...I would like to not have inappropriate situations.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race and class combination would have to be a gnome warrior because you usually don't see an extremely intelligent and short (but not weak of course) person on the front lines taking on six guys that are 5 times his or her size. Other than that...probably a dwarf hunter because I like of a dwarf that looks like the riflemen in Warcraft III.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't expect much out of you guys except for having a great time role playing with you all.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Well they're all good rules for life in general (minus role playing-it might be a bit odd to role play in public unless you like to LARP which in that case you can do what pleases you) but I would have to say my favorite would be humility because if we all (meaning the world in general) had a bit more humility we would probably get along better.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Warning this story may contain nothing about World of Warcraft, but is instead a story I made up on the spot)
The night gloomy and filled with fog. Lucas couldn't see seven inches in front of him. The lamp held seemed to only make his vision worse as the light reflected of the water vapor. Each step he took made a crackle as he walked over the forest floor. Every sound struck fear into Lucas's heart. Nothing had ever filled him with this much terror before. He was a hardened veteran and had seen things that would cause normal man to dip into the borders of insanity.

After noticing the shanty was out of sight, he realized this was no longer a wise decision. He regrets ever leaving the safety of his home. If only he weren't so curious to where that creature stole his food had run off to.

"That blasted vermin," he spoke softly to himself. "If only I killed that thing, then I wouldn't have to chase after it."

As Lucas kept muttering to himself, there was a loud crack behind him. The sound pierced his heart. Now he knew he was being hunted. As he slowly turned around his lamp died. He couldn't see anything though. Still cautious he turned back in the direction he was originally going. As he turned around John was standing tall in front of him. Lucas jumped.

"What the hell are you doing on my property?!?" said John.

Trying to catch his breath, "I'm searching for that damn thing that stole my food. Have you by chance seen that vermin running around?"

"Well what did it look like?"

"Um...well, it looked like a rat the size of a dog..."

"A rat? Are you sure you're not just seeing things?"

"No."

John sighs then collects his thoughts. "Well if you're going to hunt this thing you best do it in the day light. Come with me."

"Um, I don't think--"

"No wonder you can't find this damn thing. You never think of the consequences. It's best you stay over at my place and in the morning we find and gut this thing."

"Erm, Ok fine."

John led Lucas onward to safety, but Lucas felt as if they were going further and further away from safety and more towards his demise. There would be noises as if some creature was following them. Finally they made it a small cobblestone shed.

John opened the door and let Lucas go inside first. Something wasn't right. The place was too dark to be considered a living area and something smell of rotten meat. John slammed the door shut and Lucas was trapped inside.

"What the hell are you doing?" yelled Lucas as he pounds on the door.

"I'm sorry Lucas, but they will not kill me if I give them you."

"You bastard! When I get out of he--"

Then there was a growl behind him. Lucas slowly turned around and saw hundreds red eyes glare at him. He yelled and screamed for help, then there was silence.

7 months later a young boy happened to come upon the shed and found the remains of 6 people. Other than the dead bodies the place was deserted. The boy reported to the guards about the shed. No one owned the shed. It was apparently deserted there for over 30 years for reasons unknown. There has been sightings of John near this area recently but he had vanished after that horrific day of the last death.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Sorry for the kind of violent and abrupt ending I had to end it and so I threw out some bull crap ending.
Hello there WorthlessPeon, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Ending things is always hard, isn't it?

I like it nonetheless. Welcome.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
Alrighty! Thanks!
Thank you!:D