Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: Well, I have been gaming since I was about 4 years old with my first game being Diablo 2. I played this with my Dad and just loved gaming ever since. My Dad and I played many RPGs just like diablo. I also used to play FPS games on the side when my father and I weren't in an RPG.
My Dad got me into the beta for World of Warcraft and we began to play it just like any RPG. I rolled a rogue, and he rolled a warlock. When beta was over I played my Dad's account. I didn't have my own at the time. I helped him level his warlock until he finally let me have my own account. I rerolled my beta character and have forever been attached to my rogue, Scooch. He has always been my main no matter how nerfed he was.
I did best in Burning Crusade. I both raided and had a 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 team. I continued to PvP in WotLK but I stopped raiding. I liked the competition in PvP. I was fighting and outsmarting, or being outsmarted, by real people. I always learned something new after I lost, or won. I found myself RPing at a random dungeon queue. Shouting things like "TO ARMS, BROTHERS!". This of course was just me being silly, but I soon came to enjoy it. I felt more part of the story, and I began to read what the mobs were saying. This turned into me going to a RP-PVP server, Lightninghoof.
I joined an RP-PvP server in hopes of finding both PvP and RP because they became my favorite things to do in WoW. I race changed my undead, Scooch, into a troll named Zindro. I quickly found that Lightninghoof wasn't much of an RP or a PvP server. The only RP I found was in brill. So I did some research and learned that Wyrmrest Accord was, at the moment, the best RP server around. I was only on Lightninghoof for about two weeks before I transferred to Wyrmrest Accord.
I settled there for a while enjoying my RP. I kept my troll rogue but his character was a lot different. I would rather not explain it, though, because he was pretty ridiculous. He was more like an undead than a troll. During my stay there I had a group of people to RP with for a while. I enjoyed the story lines and characters I ran into. This all came to a halt when a couple of buddies I had there left. RP was harder to come by and I was unmotivated to search so hard for it, so I decided to go back to my homeserver, Deathwing.
I found myself bored and just sitting around in Orgrimmar so I quit WoW a little after Cataclysm hit. I found myself craving RP, but didn't want to pay for WoW again. I started to play League of Legends a lot. I brought a friend from my Deathwing guild, Living Nightmare, to play League of Legends. We played that for a while and we took breaks from it. Playing other games in between breaks for short periods.
One day the same friend I invited to League of Legends bought me minecraft. I didn't know much about it, at first I thought it was a game where you build roller coasters. I learned quickly, and had a great idea. Minecraft has a lot of potential for RP. So I searched for an RP server. I found one called Arithonia. It was a small community, and I became the main antagonist of the server. Arithonia shut down after the the the guy running the server's paypay was hacked. About 700$ was stolen from his account. When that happened I attempted to join a forum RP community called Mizahar. Everybody was really nice and helpful there, but I just couldn't jump into the huge and complicated world they had set up. After that I searched for WoW private RP servers, and found two things. Prologue, and Conquest of the Horde.
I chose prologue because of the bonuses it had (creating a house, npc leading armies, prestige classes, etc) but found that RP is hard for me to come by. Most people join with friends and RP in groups, but I was alone and it was hard for me to jump into the community. I did find a troll tribal guild, The Ragetusk Tribe, and I stuck with them. They are a good group and have good troll RP. My character there is a lot less lore defying, and acts like a troll. I come here now to see if it is any better over here.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I come from from Minnesota, United States. My primary language is english.

How did you get into Warcraft?: My father got me into the beta, and I loved it ever since then.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): I was craving RP but I didn't want to go back to retail. I found you via google search.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I enjoy RPing evil characters. Social RP, maybe about scheming for what our next move will be against our enemies.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: I love the rogue. I originally had an undead named Scooch, but after playing that for years I decided to switch it up a little and make him a troll named Zindro. I also like tauren.

What are your expectations of this server?: I'm not quite sure what to expect. My friend told me this server has amazing RP so I suppose I expect some good RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Hmm..I like all of the rules. They are needed to run a successful RP server, but my favorite ones would be Maturity and Humility. If you follow these rules well, then you will also follow the other ones by default.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This may not agree with undead lore. Please let me know if that's a problem. I have never RPed an undead before.)
Drip. Drip. Drop.
It was cold and wet in here. I don't know where I am, or why I am laying here with my arms folded, or how I even got here, or who I even am really. Unfolding my arms, I get up and took a look around. It is grey and dark with spiderwebs and strange green goo covering the area. I make my way to the stairs and begin to climb them.
"AHH!" I screamed.
There was a dead man at the top of the stairs. His flesh was rotten and I could see his bone. The same green goo that covered the floor and wallks of the previous room slowly dripped from the holes in his flesh with the consistency of old honey. I covered my mouth to quiet my shrieking, and that green goo was slapped all over my face. My hand was rotten and decayed. I could see the bone of my index and middle finger. I looked to my other hand and it was the same way, only I could see the bone on my thumb and middle finger. You would think it would smell terrible, but I didn't smell anything.
The dead man came around the corner, and I shrieked once more.
"Calm down! Don't worry, I am here to help!" said the dead man.
His face meat flapped around as he spoke. I really doubted he was there to help me, but I didn't have much of a choice. Where would I run?
"..W-where a am I?" I said.
I was hesitant to even open my mouth.
"You are in Deathknell, my forsaken brother! Welcome!" said the dead man.
His welcome was ment to be warming, but only chilled me further.
"How did I get here?" I responded.
"You died, and we took you here to give you undeath." said the dead man.
I couldn't believe it. He was lying. I'm not dead, I couldn't be! I looked again at my rotted hands.
"I know it's a lot to process" said the walking corpse "I understand. We all go through it."
I looked up.
"We?"
"Yes, my friend! We, the forsaken! My name is Jerold." said the man.
"Jerold..my name is.."
What was my name? I couldn't remember it.
"Don't worry, it is common for us to forget our names. Even I did! Just go to that cemetery over there and pick out a name you like." said Jerold.
Jerold was pointing up the stairs. I did as he told me, and walked up the stairs. I looked around outside. The color was faded from the earth. Jerold and I weren't the only ones who were dead. Everything around me was decayed and lifeless. In the distance there were broken down houses and more zombies. When I got to the cemetery I began reading the names off the tombstones. Steve, Jacob, Isaac, Benjamin, David, Killian. I liked that one, Killian. It was unique. I walked to Jerold who was standing at the crypt entrance.
"My name is Killian".
"Excellent! Nice choice! Now go over there to see the Shadow Priest. He probably has some training for you." said Jerold.
He was pointing to the zombies in the broken down houses.
"Training?" I said.
"Why yes! You need to train if you are going to fight the scourge!"
So then I shambled over to where Jerold told me to. I was cold, wet, and lonely. I felt a strange urge to swallow flesh, and I am walking to a town of zombies with no clue where or who I am. I could say I wanted to die, but that would only take me back to where I am now.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Nothing other than that I hope you accept me and I look foward to RPing with you guys!
Hello there Zyndro, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

That's more detail than I think I've seen anyone give as to their previous WoW experiences.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.