Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dear Boss. I'm in love.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Dear Boss,

You have been gone for four weeks... far longer than the four days you endured in that cave in Northrend. If the cave was bad enough to give you nightmares, I can only imagine what four weeks would do to you. I will honestly say, I had my own week's worth of entrapment wherein I fight to survive... but I cannot really say it was a nightmare. In fact, it all felt like a dream.

I'll be frank, I went against your orders in staying put in Stormwind and went out to search for you myself. I boarded that zeppelin thing those abominable goblins drive, at first with the intention of hitching a ride with my older brother Tikar. However, I had a feeling this would be a bad trip the moment Tikar was unable to join the ride with me and I went on alone with strangers. Well, there was Safksha and Tarania, but I didn't know them well..... and there was that trash-talking muscle-bound broad of a tavern owner Jean McCarthy, whom, at the beginning of the entrapment, I had nothing but disdain and annoyance. Besides them, everyone was pretty much a stranger. I had no real intention to socialize, especially among the gnomes, dwarves, blood elves, and orcs. And those abominable goblins.

The first day of the stranding was relatively uneventful… somewhat. I met this gnome named Molly and dwarf named Glyndin, who then helped me explore the islands. I then ate some shark meat, but… it was laced with gunpowder. As I fell sick and collapsed some, I realized something was afoot beyond the stranding itself. I would come to, and everyone would settle in this keep out in the middle of nowhere. It was unnerving; fog settled everywhere, and I was cramped with so many strangers or people I would have disdain for. There were orcs whose presence I felt extremely uneasy towards, namely in that of Thragash and Rhozak… but the moment I learned that Thragash was your friend, my mind was eased up some. Nevertheless, I knew this stay here would be rough. I tried my best to survive.

The next couple days were just me sleeping, talking to others at an acquaintance level, or fishing. Then one night, I volunteered to stand guard outside the keep when this human named Tom approached me for a chat. Then… I don’t recall what happened next. It seemed I blanked out some, but I can vaguely remember a fire, holding more fish, and bashing another human’s head with my paw while in Bear Form. Turns out… my “skin” was stolen.

As it turned out, Boss, the island was haunted. Spirits, trapped without rest, wished to gain a new life by stealing the identities of others. Apparently my double deceived a human and attacked him, turning him into a Skin Thief. When my double was killed, I was transported back to the island. According to the others, a blood elf woman named Kelarria identified my double when he acted strange based on the behavior I was known by, but she was attacked when she attempted an attack towards me. A test was made to see if my double was really me--particularly through a kiss given to me by another blood elf female, Sathia. The test seemed to have worked; if it was me who received the kiss, I would have crumbled in shock and embarrassment (it would be, after all, my first kiss). My double, on the other hand, received the kiss in smooth nonchalance. The people around him then proceeded to kill this double, which then would result in the real me returning to the island, where I was eventually discovered.

Oh, Boss… I cannot tell you how my heart soared after the events here. In thanks for Kelarria for noticing my double and risking her life to tell the truth, I approached her to give her my thanks. She returned it with a kiss. To my cheek. It’s not the lips, but it took my breath away nonetheless. I felt like I could fly into the sky and touch the stars. Everything that went wrong prior to this no longer mattered. I was walking on clouds. All my thoughts went towards her… but as the days went on, I realized how doomed I was from the start.

Kelarria is in love with someone else, you see…the other sin’dorei woman, Sathia. As time passed, I learned of their troubled relationship, the events eventually leading up to a suicide attempt on Kelarria’s part. A human named Dalikan and I talked her out of it, and I tried to convince Kelarria to give love and life another chance. It seemed like she would; to ease her mind and cheer her up, I made her a painted leaf necklace. As I did, the other orc, Rhozak, convinced me to confess my feelings for her despite our short time together. I anticipated a confession with my feelings for Kelarria the day after… but… I guess I chickened out. Maybe it’s for the best… I might as well never get a chance with Kelarria granted our races and her orientation. But that didn’t matter then… and it still doesn’t now.

We survived the nightmare, as we discovered the cause behind the spirits stealing our identities. I’m afraid, however, I wasn’t there when the last of the thieves were destroyed and the spirits were laid to rest, but I was able to board the zeppelin back home.

I was scarred from the event, but I am not completely saddened. I did get hurt a little, but nothing permanent. The memories of the stranding will continue to linger, however. During my entrapment, my opinions on people changed a little. I learned to respect the human Jean for what she endured during the haunting. I can’t look at orcs with the same hatred and disdain I had before. I even started liking gnomes and dwarves a little more. I cannot say I am the same man anymore. I even fell in love. Real love. No lust, no dirty thoughts, just… I just want Kelarria to be happy. I’d do anything for her to see her smile. I don’t want her to cry again. I really want to be with her, but a distance between us will be established from days to come. My heart is heavy just thinking about it.

Boss Kapre…

I know not long ago you warned me of crossfactional love. I honestly never thought I’d even develop any positive feelings towards the Horde, yet I befriended even orcs. It was… strange. I didn’t think I would put my hatred aside like this, yet I did, and looking back at it, I cannot maintain a distance like I used to towards people I hated or should hate. I really don’t think I can become like you, however, who wishes friendship towards your enemies. That is different from crossfactional love, of course, but… heh. I’m really unsure of what to do here. I’m in love, Boss. But I doubt my feelings would be returned.

I just gathered two more profiles for you, one from an orc named Lekan and the elf-hating woman Jean. It was strange, and a little nerve-wracking… I never thought I’d have respect for either of those two like I did. Lekan even used me for a mount when we fought against some Skin Thieves. I also had to put my disdain aside for other events… and I suppose this is the cause for my desensitization. I’m not sure if I like it, however. If it weren’t for that, I may not have fallen in love with a sin’dorei.

I’m going to go home for a while. Maybe if I return to my people, especially with family, I can start thinking straight again. I wish I know what I can do with my dreams of the island.

I pray to Elune you are found, safe and sound, and that your son would be the same, wherever he is.

--your friend

Kentado Starseer.

Spoiler:
My feedback thread for Skin Thieves, as well as a look back on the general events since then. I can't believe this took me a whole week to type up XD.