Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Project 9: Lets start at the drawing board...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Fancy title had to be removed due to a logistical error involving nubs. As well as my sign off at the end of the post.)

The Truth Be Told...
I am BRUTALSKARS, an egotistical piece of crap that has existed on this server for way too long. And I have spent about a whopping 90% of my time catering to events for players to follow in more than one storyline. However, I am done sliding my hands all over my E-PEEN.

I am at the drawing board right now for what I am calling Project 9: Legacy. This project is caught on a crossroads as I begin it, it needs a path to follow, one that can be a fulfilling story arc that will actually test my skills again as a DM. I am bored, too bored, and believe it or not; I believe in this server and I plan on doing something about that belief.

I hold grand events, I have traveled on the borders of lore only because I hold events, I spark some form of activity on occasion. And I myself want to make it more about, lore that makes CotH great, that allows players to see a story being played out. As usual, my storylines are going to remain epic, grand and strong.

Project 9: Legacy
Content Roster:

Involving Story Elements: I want to find a way to make it more open for players to message me about their own personal part in my events, more storyline. I will take into account what they bring up, and I will do what I can to bring characters into the story even more. "You have a lost relative? Perhaps they were taken by these baddies", etc, etc.

The End is Near: You will not win every battle in this next project. I am not saying though I want to kill you all, I simply want to put a stop to how in all my events there is the chance of "lol pwn" that the group magically can pull out of their rear ends. I will test you, and there is a chance to win almost every battle. But not all battles can be won, it is a statistical fact.

System: Still, I am fighting with myself over what roll system to use for this project. But part of me is leaning towards a system I still have in its ALPHA stage.

And if it helps you think,
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bQNDTqiC2o[/youtube]

Update #1
We have been able to set aside some possible paths for the project to follow.
War in the North: The Scourgelords
The Burning Crusade: The Invasion Begins Again - Selected theme
The Bloodsworn Honorguard (Rebooted, if so desired by masses)

Those are the ideas I am playing around with the most for the future of this project. Once we get a basis of where to go, I will be able to form more and more of the project exponentially along with my associates.

Update #2
Alright, some stuff has been discussed, and I am willing to continue with the Bloodsworn, if, and only if I am convinced it is worth it.

Legacy will also be revisiting my original selection for bad guys and their power levels so to speak. Be ready to be re-introduced to the medium level baddies and elite class enemies again that I have not been using since Outland with the BSHG way back when.

The new roll system is being heavily contemplated, and yes it will be very similar to the BSHG system of the past.

Update #3
This project will be starting in an Outland venue with a neutral-good take, that will not allow the undead.
Soon enough I will be adding news about the group and other stuff as we detail it.

Update #4
Alright, the faction that will be hosting the events will be The Blackdawn, they will be neutral-good and do not allow any form of the undead into its ranks. They are a force centered around bring peace, but being prepared for war. They search for enlightenment and freedom, peace and prosperity for all the species, all mortals are capable of good and have the rights to life and liberty.

In Peace; Vigilance...
In War; Victory...
In Death; Sacrifice...

((Yes, that is from Dragon Age.))

Update #5
This time with heart! And check out the spoiler.
Spoiler:

The Blackdawn forces are neutral good, and they are working very close with the neutral forces in Outland as well as trying to work with the ever disputing Horde and Alliance forces while the war rages. Players will be able to join the Blackdawn movement, or they can simply be in Outland fighting the war alongside the Blackdawn. This means you do not have to be one of us to join in the fun, but I have some special stuff in mind just for us Blackdawns.

But!
Spoiler:

There is always more Twilight Sparkle, don't you worry your little pony head on that. Because there is a lot of work being put into this project that still has to remain under wraps. However give these details out.
-As you may of guessed, me bumping my Prestige System is actually tied to Project 9: Legacy.

-I will just hint that, I am pretty sure we are allowing other guilds to talk to us and coordinate with the system, not just the story. You know, just standardization or just us giving our ideas away for free you know.

-Most of all though, can anyone say, 'war rp' ten times fast with your tongue sticking out. Because we got stuff planned to not only bring the war to life, but most of all, bring to life The Blackdawn movement during a time of bloodshed and sacrifice.

Have any other comments to make? Feel free.
Spoiler:

Calm down Rainbow Dash, we still have awhile till everything is set in stone.

Update #6
This update is huge, it is amazing and probably needs more commentary. See this is a teaser, like you see in a theater. We have several things in store, but wait, there is more.
Spoiler:

I know I'm a brony, but oh well because I ain't no phony. Because this is where the stuff begins and there happens to be a lack of penguins. But who would of guessed? It is all going to be addressed.

First off, variant classes.
We are talking just ways of playing your class different, interesting ways that we find are going to be cool for the Blackdawn to have. So here is a long section of text over some we have completed.
Spoiler:
Blackdawn Monks:
“Many preach their vision of enlightenment. They speak of love, and health, and happiness. I am here to tell you the truth of the world. Anything good must be fought for. You must stand toe-to-toe with your demons and crush them. Only then will enlightenment be yours.”

When creating a Blackdawn Monk, there are four archetypes we have created for them to be played as. When playing by this template, remember, your character is no more powerful than a normal character. This is just a variant class selection that will be available within the Blackdawn forces.

These four archetypes are within the four classes, Warrior, Rogue, Mage and Priest. Each variant of Blackdawn Monks has different specialties but all of them seek the spiritual enlightenment that is believed may come to all people. Monks train in the arts of combat, but most of all, purity of body and soul. Traits that all Blackdawn monks share are that;
- Monks are trained in unarmed combat, as that of a martial art.
- Monks have a high stamina, fasting is something they do often as well as other practices in order to help them find inner peace.
- Monks are charitable and kind people, they fight to protect those who cannot protect themselves. They prefer peace over bloodshed any day.

But what makes each archetype of Blackdawn Monk different?
Warrior Class:
A monk using the warrior class is considered a warrior for all intents and purposes, but they tend to have higher senses and the like; considering they wear very little to no armor. Monks tend to never use shields or two handed weapons, except for polearms, spears and staves.
In combat warrior like monks focus on strong close combat ability, parrying and dodging attacks; they are fairly dull for anyone that seeks a flashy –sparkly spell- kind of character. These spiritual warriors seek enlightenment and peace among all living creatures.

Rogue Class:
A monk using the warrior class is considered a rogue for all intents and purposes, however they disdain the use of poison. Monks focus on improving themselves, finding enlightenment, using a chemical does not make them better, does not prove them any stronger. They are very similar to the warrior-monks, but weapon wise, a monk using the rogue class tends to use fist weapons, daggers and swords in their martial training.

Mage Class:
A monk using the mage class is not really a mage for all intents and purposes. In their intense training, they dabble in arcane, believing that it is part of enlightenment. They are not as tough as warriors, and do not have the spell casting capability of magi, they make up for this though by being versatile. Using staves and swords, mostly their own bodies, they resemble the combat style of a rune master for the most part. However, they do not learn runes, they learn how their body is a conduit for magic. Bringing fire, arcane, lightning, frost and more around them, these spiritual warriors are forces to be reckoned with.
Subtypes:
Acolyte of Balance-
“Balance is in all things, as you will soon learn. Be it flame, frost, light, or shadow-- each will bring us victory. Only together are they powerful--divided they will fail as certain as the sun will set."

An arcane monk studying balance dabbles in multiple arcane elements and masteries to assist them in combat. They have access to more domains and energy types, but their abilities tend to not be as potent as a more specialized acolyte.

Acolyte of the Sacred Flame-
“The Sacred Flame is the burning font of life, the spirit of passionate men and women. It is the roaring emotion in all men who feel love and hope. The raging inferno shall consume those who wish to snuff our hope out.”

Fire and fire alone, these acolytes understand the energy of the inferno is not only destructive. Fire is part of the natural order of things, and it is one of the weapons of the natural world and the arcane. They seek to enlighten themselves with the Sacred Flame. Abilities of these acolytes include immolation of their bodies, and moving flames around them while performing their martial arts.

Acolyte of Might-
“This world flows with magic-- the power embedded beneath the sea-floor, or hidden within a harsh desert. I speak of the ley-lines, a potent network of energy only the adept may wield. In order to defend this world, we must bring forth its own power-- we must harness the innate magic of Azeroth to crush any who oppose our sanctity."

Arcane might, the energy of magic. These warriors focus on arcane spells alone, with no elemental subtypes, they believe that this arcane study is strengthening of the mind. Their abilities include short distance blinks, generating arcane force to push and pull targets.

(More Acolyte types to come)

Priest Class:
A monk using the priest class is not really a priest for all intents and purposes. They use the magics of faith to strengthen themselves and; to hone their bodies and minds against the forces of evil. Whether the mastery of light or shadow, they find balance in themselves in their search for enlightenment.
Subtypes:
Acolyte of the Light-
“The Light shall not only save, it shall shatter the sinister machinations of evil. The Light shall not only heal, it shall halt the horrors of darkness. But it is the Light that shall love them even when their corrupt souls leave their decrepit forms.”

These priestly monks use positive energies to bring shining and burning light to their blows; as well as using it to heal comrades. An acolyte of the light must be able to touch a target he is attempting to heal or buff. And they may simply buff and heal themselves with chants while performing martial maneuvers.

Acolyte of the Shadow-
“You may judge me, you may believe me wretched, but when I stand against what you are too weak to face. I will do so loving you as my brother.”

These monks are far from evil, they simply seek balance in all things. They flay the minds of their enemies and sooth the minds of those they are talking too in order to stave off violence.

-------------------------------------------------------

Blackdawn Paladins:
“Though evil may lay its wretched hands on your shoulders; and hold you down. It is the virtues of enlightenment, the power in yourself that shall make you stand against all odds.”

When creating a Blackdawn paladin, you need to remember, they still use the light; but follow the creeds of the Blackdawn. In order to have access to your powers, Blackdawn paladins must;
1. Never directly harm an innocent.
2. Never steal or cause misfortune to the innocent.
3. Never wish for war, pain, or misfortune to the innocent.
4. Never condone violence.
5. Never hate your enemy for they may still be saved.
6. The demon and the undead are forever damned.
7. Preserve life, never destroy it.
8. Zeal is never an excuse.
9. Faith without deeds is worthless.
10. Cowardice is no excuse for inaction.

Blackdawn paladins are paladins for all intents and purposes. However, Blackdawn paladins do not disdain the use of any weapon, poison, or secrecy to bring the end to the enemies of the greater good.

Subclass:
Blackdawn Cleric-
“My faith extends over the innocent, my love washes over my allies, my pity surges through my enemies.”

Clerics are the most courageous warriors of the light. Instead of focusing on combat ability, Clerics are paladins that focus more on their spellcasting ability, focusing on banishing demons, turning undead and most of all, shielding their allies from the curses of evil. They tend to not wear platemail, sticking to chain and scalemail; preferring shields and one handed weapons over great mauls and the like.

--------------------------------------------------------

Blackdawn Inquisitors:
“Only the cruel of heart have a reason to fear. Only the blackest souls worry of our presence. It is we who shall strike them a blow so hard, so painful, they shall remember us until the stars themselves are snuffed out.”

When creating a Blackdawn inquisitor, two classes may take the role, hunters and rogues. The goal of the inquisitor is to hunt down evil creatures and the agents of darkness. They learn skills that allow them to better track their vile foes and seek the weak spots in undead, demons and other evil creatures. Most of all however, inquisitors learn how to brace their minds and bodies against corruption, learning how to spot it in those around them, and in their compassion are those that seek to cure or stop corruption in all its forms.

------------------------------------------------------------

Blackdawn Apothecaries:
“My allies will be cured, their enemies shall be seared; and the innocent shielded by my iron hide, their oppressors and tormentors blown to pieces by the mercy of my gun.”

An apothecary of the Blackdawn is classed as a warrior almost universally. The reason being is that these apothecaries wear heavy armor and carry medical equipment with them. They use a spattering of technological and chemical skills in battle and when assisting anyone they meet. Apothecaries are known to use firearms, potions, and even to go as far as rotary blades. These strange warriors are some of the staunchest combatants one can have at their side.

Alright and the other big thing, we have our own "prestiges" if you want to call them that on the way specifically for the Blackdawns. More will be elaborated on in the future for them, but here is a taste.

Spoiler:
The Gatekeeper- (One Slot)
“The Dark Portal is a scar on two worlds, a thing made for war, and even now we must use it for war. But only to stop this invasion, only to stop the oblivion descending upon us all. While I breath, this portal will remain in our hands.”

A prestigious title given to an elite combatant and trusted official, it is their sacred duty to defend and oversee operations at the Dark Portal. The Gatekeeper’s duties lead them to wage war on nearby threats to the great portal. They must also keep track of the comings and goings through the Dark Portal, making sure friendly troops and supplies make it through the Blasted Lands and into the Red World. The Gatekeeper also is a trusted advisor in battles over the other portals, the Legion wants to activate them again to supply themselves with more demonic troops.

The Gatekeeper has command over many of the operations around the Dark Portal, aiming to guide the Horde and Alliance on a better path while we combat this second incursion of the Legion. The Gatekeeper may have several Blackdawn at his side or Shattered Sun while he conducts business. It is him and his retinue that must keep vigilant, the Legion wants to reclaim that portal, The Blackdawn will not let that happen.

Bonuses-
The Gatekeeper receives +2 to their total health value
The Gatekeeper also receives the Signet of Vigilance. An enchanted ring that renders him immune to blinding/deafening/silence spells that are not cast by exceptional spell casters.
Most of all the Gatekeeper has more influence politically as the Blackdawn commander of that region.

---------------------------------------------------

Blackdawn Centurion- (Unlimited Slots)

"We all aim to be enlightened; but it is we who shall in our own hone the skills of war, hone ourselves to it. For in order to have peace, we must fight for it, and when it comes. It is we, the Centurions that will be the first to fight evil when it rears its evil head again."

To be a Blackdawn Centurion, you have previously been an Apothecary, Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Inquisitor or some other mundane combatant. Centurions are the elite guard of the Blackdawn, they are the best soldiers, they are the men and women who have sworn to fight to their last breath.

The duty of every single Centurion is to bring victory to the greater good, even if they die. They believe the road to peace will be gorged with the blood of the martyred, Centurions are willing to be those martyrs. They will fight so others may live, they still stand against all odds to save their comrades. With skill alone, no magic in their style. Simple, harsh, and brutal skill.

Bonuses-
A Centurion gains +3 to their health total.
They also deal +1 damage with all critical hits.
Centurions all are respected soldiers of the Blackdawn, they are also armed in masterwork equipment. Every Centurion is given a magical weapon, this weapon is defined in their training. This weapon gives the wielder, +5 to hit with it, as well as dealing +1 more critical damage when scoring a critical.

Now there is a lot more on the way, this is just a taste of what we have done so far. If you are curious feel free to bring something up or just PM me. There is a lot more statistical stuff that is getting done too within the logistics of the project. But I am sure things will be rolling out at a smooth pace. I will keep you guys informed as stuff comes up, so lets stand as one guys and give the Burning Legion one for!

More in the future comrades. And feel free to PM me abut anything.
(08-07-2011, 09:35 PM)Brutalskars Wrote: [ -> ]As usual, my storylines are going to remain epic, grand and strong.

I don't want to antagonize or start drama, but could you refer from making promises and statements like this? I know you admit most of this is stroking your e-peen but I've seen you make a habit of trying to elevate your events and story lines and build a lot of excitement with them.. and then drop the project.

You made promises that the Bloodsworn would have events and bring great rp to the server. You've made promises for the Northern Alliance or whatever it was. If I recall you even said you'd make events for the Hospitalers. I've seen you make project after project, hook a ton of people because you say it's going to make REALLY GREAT rp and then it never gets off the ground. You can be confident in your abilities... but I just don't think you should be pulling this trick again and again...
Urgh, what's all this sticky...

...Regardless of if that dab at humor of questionable taste proves intelligible, I will note in Brutal's defense that the Bloodsworn Honorguard were quite the championship in their prime, once upon a time, age or nine ago.

Spoiler:
Please avoid following any of the richly red, lightheartedly displayed hyperlinks, should you for any reason be a sort at all bothered by colloquial vulgarities in observed vernacular, as they are writhing with the sh-... stuff!

Besides being a blithe and phallic presentation of pride of Captain Hammer proportions.. I... I for one am not sure what I'm looking at here.

Those who've experienced your extensive event planning of antiquity might have an inkling of what to expect from track record, I sleepily nod "maybe", but otherwise...

...Pleasant profession of your potential intention and present desire to do some sort of storyline entailing an event chain of some description in the indefinite future should you feel like doing so.

I look forward to looking into it if it looks to lever into being. I think.

A marvelous detail, as soon as you've decided, would be what faction said story arc will be aligned with, if any.

Insofar as what sparse brainstorming you've already brought out, I personally sit as a enthusiast for adventurers with an earnest risk of falter.

To a lesser degree do I as well harbor a hobbyist interest in the dice rules you''re contriving for these considerations.
The Bloodsworn have brought RP to the server, every single time I have brought them back. And yes I do let it fall, personally I have kept the BSHG alive for a long time, it is hard for me to keep going with it without wanting to take it to the knacker. I just do not feel the guild is my own anymore, for one reason or another and it is not fun for me any more.

In defense of the Northern Alliance, there was a big issue with parts of our leadership. I gave up on it because it was becoming to hard to salvage.

And for the Hospitallers, to be honest, I was just doing it because I was bored, I never hyped twenty plus people; just a handful of us in vent. Yes I let them down on that. But I even warned, I was working other projects, the Hospitallers would probably fall through.

That is all I will say in response to you, and respect the request for no drama. I will not give another response about such things in the future, to anyone. We are done beating that horse.
All I'll say is good luck. Hopefully, it'll be better then the two I've tried with you before.
/salute.
I hope so too Squirrel.

-Updates coming tonight!
To be fair, it's not oft his fault. I remember with the Northern alliance a few of the people Brutal asked to help him ended up not doing anything/not working with him.
Update #1 is up.
And I had to update my update. Hehehe
We are moving faster than first predicted, Update #2 is already up. And we are brewing up more details for the future as we speak comrades.
Update #3 is up.
Both Kaghuros and my Draenei Aun'la would jump at the chance to strike back at the Burning Legion. I'll be interested to hear where this goes.
Update #4 is up, more to come soon.
Update #5 is up!
Sounds great! Perfect for Terant, anyway. I'll join when the time comes.
Might throw a toon into this.
Mebbe. :3
Pages: 1 2