Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tharion's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi there. I'm Tharion, here to make my introduction to the Conquest of the Horde. The reason I'm making this introduction is because of a whim of fancy which I wanted to explore. I was hoping to see how things were done on Conquest of the Horde, and whether or not I could 'taste' it for myself.
I'm generally a people person, who knows his lore, and knows his English. I have a very active and creative imagination, and use roleplay to extend that imagination and creativity to a more physical form. (Because I suck at painting, drawing, etc. etc.)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Great Britain. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started out on a PvP server with my friends when I was in ---wait.. middle school?
Oh, right. Sometime in my public school education somebody brought me into the fold. I did not immediately get hooked on WoW, and I, when I did get hooked, made a Blood Elf Paladin on a PvP server and spent my time raiding and fighting in the Arena. Wrath of the Lich King came, and I had spotted the roleplay servers. By sheer dumb luck, I picked Moon Guard, which was basically the only -active- roleplay server at the time, at least the last one left.
From picking this, I went from being a new roleplayer, to growing into the person I am today. (I started out as a Highborne Druid, so everyone who feels bad about their first characters, their first RP experiences no matter the setting, we've all been there.)

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Sheer curiosity grabbed at me during a slow spot in Prologue. (Yes, prologue residents, I'm spreading my wings a bit.) Your server was mentioned a few times by .. previous residents.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race/class is a Blood Elf Mage. Blood Elves are naturally magically attuned. Depending upon the server's position over their current timeframe, the Magisterium held the power in Silvermoon. They promoted fanatic loyalty to the Sun King, through subtle or not-so-subtle magic.
I love magic-users, because the possibilities when playing one are almost unlimited.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be honest, I hold no expectations, I await results. This server is an experiment of sorts. If I enjoy, I stay. If I don't, then, things didn't work out and it's for the best.
Alright, no, I hold a slight expectation of getting good roleplay, lore knowledge by residents, and the ability to spread my wings further than possible in terms of my character and their ability.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It's a rule system. They're all there for a good reason, and there's really not any single one that appeals to me greatly. They're something to follow, to keep things in check. I like rules in general.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Darkness clouded over Quel'thalas. Dar'khan Drathir, traitor to Silvermoon, had enabled the Scourge to bypass the runestones along the border of the Blackened Woods. In the undead pushed, cutting through defenses. As they passed the westernmost runestone, fire, in the form of a large phoenix, crashed upon them like the fury of the sun itself. This was what it was, the Blood Elves unleashed their fury upon the Scourge, destroying everything in that scorched grove. Yet, like a flyswatter on a wall of flies, it made one small dent, a hole. That hole was quickly filled, and the Scourge pushed their way back in. They went faster than the Quel'dorei had wished, and the elves retreated back to their great city.
Bows drew taut. Their natural speed had carried them to their city, where they all stood ready to defend themselves..
Abominations lumbered forward, hordes of skeletons among them. The ghouls leaped forward, landing among the elves. Many ghouls were rended on the spot, but it was the gargoyles that sealed the elves' fates. Clouding over them, the Scourge broke through the middle of Silvermoon City, the abominations crashing through the walls on their rampage to the Sunwell.
Striding among the courage on his dead horse, Invincible, Arthas held Frostmourne tight. He snickered at the carnage around him, the fires, the dead. Lifting his sword into the air, many of the elves rose, turning on their brethren. An arrow suddenly flew, hitting Arthas square in the chest. Twitching, he reached up with a plated gauntlet, and ripped it free, his plate having kept it from going very far at all. His gaze narrowed at one Sylvanas Windrunner, and Invincible charged. Sylvanas jumped out of the way, only to find Frostmourne cutting through her chest on her descent. She lay on the ground, fitting another arrow into her bow, which was then stepped on.
Arthas stabbed his blade into Sylvanas' heart, and twisted it gruesomely. Grinning darkly, he grabbed her, flinging her over Invincible, and mounted up, striding through what was now a broken city. Casting Kel'thuzad's remains into the golden waters, the waters turned a dark purple, and slowly the new lich rose, congratulating Arthas on a task complete. Immediately, the two left, leaving the High Elves to die.
... This was not the case. Prince Kael'thas, along with his magi, weaved magics among themselves, twisting the Sunwell, breaking it. The potent, now dark magics, lit up, and then surged out in a brilliant display of destructive potential. The Sunwell was gone, but the new Blood Elves would arise, and claim their place.
Now.. they slowly regrow, rebuild... It is only a matter of time before they truly become remarkable once more.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
.. Nope, pretty good here for now.
Hello there Tharion, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Ah, I played Prologue for a while. Hope you have a nice time, here.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
This should be amusing, to say the least. :3