Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Artanis186 Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a player of World of Warcraft, in a non-RP fashion, I enjoy PvE and small PvP skirmishes. As a player in general, I'm quite into the RTS genre. There are few RPGs I enjoy outside of WoW, so I'm fairly certain to stick around.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from North America, my primary language in turn being English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

The roots trail all the way back to Diablo 1. Diablo 1 was one of the first memorable games I played as a very young child (though I didn't remember much due to my age).

Afterwards, at around the age of 5 or 6, I got into StarCraft (Somewhere near the date it was released). I ended up having an addiction to StarCraft, playing custom games daily for years.

This led up to me getting WarCraft 3, which I also quite enjoyed. The story was interesting and the gameplay was fun. I still preferred StarCraft over it though, as I love science fiction settings and the story line was more interesting to me.

Later I got into Diablo II, which also had very fun gameplay, though less on the story part. The gameplay was enough to keep me interested for a full playthrough and nearly a second.

When I heard World of WarCraft was released, I wasn't very excited. I decided to give it a try through a private server, as I was too young at the time to pay. I played it and it was better than I predicted in gameplay, but I ended up despising the lore. I enjoyed the WarCraft 3 lore, but in World of WarCraft, it feels like very little is canon and I don't have that feeling of making a difference. Though despite it ruining the WarCraft lore to me, I still prefer it as a game over other MMOs.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Fairly simple, I ended up looking for addons. I noticed the Roleplay section of a website and downloaded one. I ended up liking it, but the server I belonged to didn't happen to have a dedicated Roleplaying realm. I Googled for a server and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I've experienced quite a few forms of roleplay. I began in StarCraft Broodwar RP maps. I enjoyed them and experimented with other forms. I've roleplayed in generic forums, StarCraft, WarCraft 3 (briefly), StarCraft 2, and more recently IRC. I enjoyed all of them and am pretty open to any kind.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is Undead. I enjoy the concept of the dead being raised.
My favorite class is Warlock, as I like dark magic. Unfortunately I feel the Warlock is balanced around what I don't like doing. He seems focused on being part of large scale battles, I prefer small skirmishes.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I tend to keep my expectations low. My current expectations of what I've observed are the following:
From the amount of posts posted today in the introduction thread, I assume there will be a fair amount of active players.
From the seemingly exclusive nature of your application there will be good RPers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Tolerance. I pride myself on my ability to tolerate.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The Forsaken commander was ready to make his move. The army charged the Scarlet Stronghold in hopes they could overpower the guards and enter. They would remove this threat from their land at long last. As they charged, the Scarlet warriors took to arms. A large battle ensued with many deaths. Nearly an hour later, the Forsaken ended up victorious with but a few members left. They entered the Stronghold pridefully. Though their pride quickly diminished as they found many guards in reserve. Victory wouldn't be theirs today.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm generally more of a follower than a leader. As long as I have a base and know what's going on, I can follow up in roleplaying.

Due to my obsession with StarCraft lore, I would like to request the ability to use a character (of my own design) from a StarCraft race. I've given him a backstory as to why he's there and it's been suggested that StarCraft and WarCraft lore have a thin line that separates them. It's also suggested that they may exist in the same universe.
Hello there Artanis186, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

I'm afraid we only allow people to play the base races in normal circumstances.
You could apply to play a custom model character in a month, but even then, I'm not sure the Starcraft races would be accepted.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.