Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
b]First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:[/b]

Hmm... Well, I'm a university student in my third year studying biology and anthropology and a former video game enthusiast. I say former because I've increasingly found that most games, just by themselves, aren't enough to keep my interest for long. For me, the best part of a game is the lore, and I always end up spending more time reading about the background of a world or fanfic than I actually spend playing. So I guess you could say that I play for stories! Also, because I'm a full-time student and soon to be working, I am a pretty casual gamer, and I find the concepts of playing a game to "win" or to reach the end high level gear are things that I can't rightly achieve without months of dedication and frankly are not my main motivations for signing on.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm a US resident, and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I was first exposed to the Warcraft saga through my older brother, who actively played the original games as we were growing up. (He kindly let me watch over his shoulder.) He signed up for the WOW beta when I was a teen, and I've been playing the retail off and on since then. Increasingly off, though.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I was on a Google search for world of Warcraft roleplay the other day, and it suggested that I also search for private servers. I have no experience with anything other than a retail server, and after browsing your site extensively over the past few days I thought it might be just what I'm looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I've experienced a serious lack of video game roleplay over the past year or so (somehow, tabletop rp fills a different niche for me, and I've had plenty of that lately) and as such I'm sure I'd enjoy just about anything that comes at me. That said, I am most accustomed to roleplay with just a few other people at any time, not large group events, and I prefer building my characters up as I roleplay with others.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Is "I like all of them!" a valid answer? It really depends on my mood what kinds of characters I like to play or roles I like to fill, but I find that I gravitate towards nature-y, stealthy, ranged classes as a norm. My main on the retail servers was a blood elf hunter, who I thoroughly enjoyed. :)

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect that folks will be logged on to roleplay, but after that I can only hope that the general population will also be friendly and considerate of my sometimes crazy busy real life schedule.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Clearly the roleplaying one! The only reason I occasionally purchase another month of retail WoW time is so I may perhaps play a character alongside others in an interesting fantasy world, but it usually falls quite short of what I'm looking for. So a server *actually* dedicated to rp sounds just fantastic!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(Will fill in the near future!)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I have the most up-to-date version of WoW, and if I need to revert back to an older edition for you guys, will it impair my future ability to play on a retail server, such as messing up my saved characters? Not that I can foresee my return, but just thought I'd check! Thanks!
Hello there ss2012, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Since we don't necessitate the download of any patches, it shouldn't impair your ability to play on retail. Even so, I would suggest making a second folder for CotH, since it's always good to have a clean, safe WoW folder lying around.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.