Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Me? What is there about me? Little of import, I imagine. You'll likely read this and just move onto the next profile, allowing any memory of this name to simply run through your mind. It's an application without a face to attach it to. Why would you give it any real thought besides whether or not it should be approved?

I did not mean to attack you there, if it came off that way. Still. I merely find the subject of the previous rambling to be a little depressing when I think about it.

Now then. On to the actual question. The meat of it, if you would. I am merely a player, a leaf on the wind, gently floating through the breeze. It takes me many places, and I am happy to let it bring me to new sights and wonders. Hence my relocation of sorts to this presumably Horde themed server.

I simply drift.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Antarctica, with American as my native tongue.

Forgive the silliness. I hail from America. Land of Americanians, inheritors of the Earth. Death to the British and all that, tip top cheriho, hastla la vista baby. So yeah, I'm American.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I bought it at Best Buy when it came out. I have yet to actually enter Warcraft. Has someone else accomplished such a feat? Please inform me when this happens, regardless of my application being accepted or denied.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

How did I find you? Well how do you find anything when traversing the internet?

Google, that's how.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Whatever roleplay I stumble upon. I'm not picky. Though I am a major fan of incredibly squicky erotic roleplay that would make your mother cry if she read it. Such as (censored)

If I let anyone know this though, it would be rather embarrassing.

So I keep it secret.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

You ask me to promote racism and caste systems.

You fiend, you.

Regardless, I'll squeal. I don't really have any favored race or class. I'm a hippie like that.

Love and peace, right?

What are your expectations of this server?:

Expectations? Hmm. Would having expectations of it make me biased? If I thought it was a steaming pile of horse dung, would it be akin to such when I finally log in? Likewise, if I liken it to the Gates of Heaven, would my expectations crash or would they rise regardless of what it actually it?

I remain avolition, though, and choose to have few expectations, besides that this is a private roleplaying server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Rules? Rules tend to be broken, so it seems. There are always exceptions to them. Certainly, I as a mere drifting wanderer of the wondrous cyberspace that is the internet will obey those of this domain. But what of those already here? Will they be subject to the same rules I am? If I say something someone else does who's been here since the beginning, would I be reprimanded instead of him or her?

Regardless. I do enjoy all the rules, and the anti mary-sue one tends to appeal to my feeling of fairness. Though this does significantly crush my hopes and dreams of one day roleplaying Princess Ivy, wife of Arthas, half-dragon half-elf Archmage who trained Rhonin.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Tell you a story? Why tell you a story when I can be lazy and write one up later? Sure, it's procrastinating. And sure, procrastination has its downsides. But still, as a procrastinator I shall do what I do best. Procrastinate.

Hundreds of people procrastinate. In fact, one time I met a man who almost never did anything. It was always 'later' to him. Nothing ever happened. Why? For there was always a later date he could do it at. He never actually did anything of import until the last possible minute, when he couldn't wait any longer before his procrastination would be his downfall.

I worked with him for a while, you know. Before I moved on to bigger and better horizons. We were both janitors, myself just trying to pay for school while he was an old fart, simply cleaning up after the work of others. And every day, every single day, I would do all of the work. You probably wonder how he wouldn't end up fired or something. But truth be told, he actually did his end of the job. It's just 'his end of the job' was always, literally, at the end of the job, when we were about to go home for the night.

We worked together for three years. Three years of me doing everything until the very end, when he finally felt his procrastination was over. I always wondered how he managed to pull it off though. Doing my three hours of work in his ten minutes. I left the job after a while, fairly disgruntled, but happy to be moving on to see new horizons.

The day I decided to take a vacation though, I bumped into that elderly bastard again. It was a shock to me, I had never actually seen him outside work. Apparently my confusion was being displayed on my face, for I saw the man smirk slightly. All he said before boarding a plane was this.

"Boy. A man who does nothing has all the time in the world to think to himself. All the places and things you can imagine become reality when you close your eyes and focus. Paths can be laid out before you as your mind decides which one is the best to take. But there will come a time where you must choose how you will go. Or else everything and everyone will pass you by on the boot-beaten roads that life is."

Haven't seen him since.

Regardless, you won't be getting a story from me today.

Maybe tomorrow.

Or in a month.

When this thing's actually due.
Hello there Avolition, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Quote:You'll likely read this and just move onto the next profile, allowing any memory of this name to simply run through your mind.

Be wary of assumptions, they've been found to be frighteningly false.
When I find you in-game, place a warm hand on your shoulder, call you by your given name... That's when you know you underestimated.

...I kid, but I do have a selectively eidetic memory. Less of me. Welcome, again.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.