Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jack07's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have played WoW retail from release until just about a year ago. I always played on an RP server. I am an avid gamer, especially of RPGs. Recently, I have had an urge to RP with other people. I have not roleplayed since I quit WoW and am somewhat rusty.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from America and I speak english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Before I played WoW I played FFXI. Right before WoW was released many people in FF was were very excited about WoW and talked about it constantly, so I figured I would check it out. I enjoyed it so much that I stuck with it for 6 years.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I googled "WoW private RP server"

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All sorts. I have a really open mind and like to explore many different aspects of roleplaying.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I could not begin to tell you what my favorite class is. I had a different class for every expansion with many alts in between. Honestly, the only classes I haven't played extensively are warrior, priest and hunter.

My favorite race would probably have to be blood elf. There is something I find appealing about playing an uptight and more "civilized" race that has allied with a more "savage" races. I am also a big fan of orcs though. Thrall is one of my favorite lore characters, and I find the orcs story of finding redemption in a world that hates them to be compelling.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope to find quality roleplay here, and to have fun getting back into RP myself.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The one about proper grammar. Mine is not perfect, but when I see u used in place of you, I die a little inside.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Yikes, I was never much good at telling a story by myself, I've always been a much better RPer then story teller. I'll give it a shot though.

A young blood elf man walks through the gates of Orgrimmar. It's his first time here, and he stares in awe at the great warrior city. It was so rough and rugged here, very different from Silvermoon. The over sized huts were a far cry from the gloriously golden and refined towers at home. But he would have enough time to appreciate the architectural prowess (or lack thereof) of the orcs later. It had been a long journey and he needed refreshment.

The young man wandered inside of what looked to be a tavern. He walked up to the bar and placed an order for an ale. As he stood there, twiddling his thumbs, an orcish woman came to the counter for two drinks. He gave her a polite nod as she carried the drinks back to her table. It was a few moments later, still waiting for his drink, that he received a hard tap on the shoulder. He turned around to see what was easily the largest orc in the bar leering over him.

"Ay, elf" said the orc.

"May I help you?" inquired the elf, a warm smile on his face.

"I saw the way you were lookin' at mah lady friend elf. If you know what's good fer yah, yeh'll stay away from her."

The elf blinked a few times, unsure of what to say. "I uhmmm, what?"

The orc bellows loudly at him. "LISTEN YOU, YAH GOT DOS BIG GOOFY EARS SO YOU CAN HEAR ME WIT EM RIGHT? STAY AWAY FROM HER OR I'LL CLOBBER YAH!"

The elf panics. "L-l-look, I promise I wasn't looking at her! I was j-just being polite, that's all! Please don't hurt me!"

"OH!" Retorted the large orc, clearly enraged. "SO NOW SHE, AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YAH, NOT AS PETITE AND PERTY AS YOU." He pulls the fist back, raising it to punch the poor little elf square in the nose. "I'M GUNNA TEACH YOU SOME MANNERS!"

The punch is thrown and the elf quickly and gracefully ducks below it and slips through the orcs legs. The orc accidentally punches the bartender in the chest as he was arriving with the elf's drink. The bartender topples over and spills the frothy brew all over himself. He then lunges at the large orc fellow with a cleaver, which causes his girlfriend to join in the fight. Before you know it, the entire tavern is in an uproar, steins flying every which way and blood painting the walls. The elf quietly slinks his way out, happy to have escaped the situation with his hide intact.

THE END.

Sorry for painting such a negative portrait of orcs, I know they're not all meatheads, but it was all I could come up with in the moment.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Seeing as this is a pre-cataclysm server, I was wondering if the cataclysm has taken place lore wise on this server. I only ask because I never got into cataclysm and know very little of current events in the lore of warcraft.
Hello there Jack07, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

We are post-LK-death, but pre-Cata. No worries.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.