Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sins of the Son (TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you didn't come here from the "Making a Difference" thread, check it out here!

Title: Sins of the Son
Main Characters: Madugo, Du'Guro
Primary story locations: Horde settlements, primarily Durotar, possible Stranglethorn

Synopsis:
On their home island, the troll warrior Du'guro practiced the voodoo rituals of his ancestors proudly. He raised his son, Madugo, in these ways as well, hoping to make him into a fine witch doctor. But then, following the Darkspears rescue by the orcs and the founding of Durotar, these old practices became forbidden. Seeing that this is the decline of his people, Du'guro retreated into the wilderness of Kalimdor. Meanwhile, his son all but embraces the new ways of these orcs, and became a shaman, accepting his father as probably dead. But now, after 8 years, Du'guro is back, weary of the world, and seeks only to find his son again.

The sides:
It will come down to a clash of generations and ideals, with Madugo against Du'guro. Du'guro will come to loathe what his son has become and try to bring him back to the old ways, and Madugo will have to learn to stand against his father and make a stand for his beliefs.

Support for Madugo:
Madugo is an open-minded and intellectual troll who seeks a more benevolent means of conversing with the Loa. Furthermore, he's being bullied and victimized by his father, who refuses to see things any way but his own.

Support for Du'guro:
Du'guro will appeal to every troll he can purposefully, especially the old school ones who are racist, sexist, voodoo followers, and support keeping troll culture alive. Others are welcome as well, especially if they feel Madugo is being a pussy who needs his ass kicked.

Characters Especially Desired:
Old school trolls! Anyone with an open mind or a compassionate heart can support Madugo, but Du'guro will especially need the rallying calls of angry trolls who support their culture and are loathe to surrender it to orcish society.

Outcomes and Possibilites:
Madugo could break under his father's pressure. He may submit to his desires, or finally let his savage nature come through and fight with his father instead. Unlikelier still, the family could reconcile. It's all in the cards!

Post in this thread if you have ideas, suggestions, or would like to get involved!
Kazan is a wimp in his own ways, so he'd most likely support Madugo in his journeys.

On the other hand, Jun'tab does not like wimps. He hates them. Jun'tab madbro.
UPDATE:

Apologies to everyone who is interested in this storyline and has so far seen nothing come of it! I really want to get into it, and have been for weeks, but I lack a good setup for Madugo and Du'guro to meet! I need to schedule a mini-event, perhaps, but to do so would require knowledge of everyone's possible schedules. I don't want this big reunion to go out in a fizzle because the only people who show up are myself duoboxing the two trolls, Immy, and maybe one other guy. I really want to make this story work, so let's get to work on making it work!
UPDATE:

This storyline is being temporarily retcon'd and suspended. It has been going nowhere for two months, and has stagnated the development of Madugo and Du'guro in the process.

Don't worry if you were interested, the story isn't dead, it just won't be put into motion for some time from now. Sorry!