Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zach's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, my name is Robert, but people call me Zach(or some other names) on the internet. I am a pacifist guy, and I don't normally get involved in fights or violent acts unless my hand is forced too. I am a very social person, as I like communicating with any other players and I usually love to meet other people and learn more about them. I like making new friends, and I've been on a gaming community before for about 1 year and a half. I've left it mostly because I was just bored of the game I played. I roleplayed on San Andreas Multiplayer (I hope this is not a bad example) so I believe I know the basics of roleplay, but if I'm wrong I am always ready to learn new things and I am keen to listen to others so I can do well myself. I hope I've said enough in this introduction and you've learned a bit about me from these few sentences.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Romania, a country in the eastern Europe. My primary language is Romanian of course but I know English very well, in fact I've been speaking with foreign people for more than two years now and I've met little to no situations when I couldn't understand someone else, but it happened because most of these times the other person didn't know English very well himself. I think I can get along fine but if I do any mistakes feel free to tell me, so I know I won't do it next time.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I got into Warcraft with Warcraft III. I've played both campaigns and I got stunned by the depth of the story and the depth of the characters. Since then I started looking for Warcraft lore and started reading anything I could get my hand on. After the first game of World of Warcraft appeared, I started playing that a lot, reading all the quests and trying to learn as much as I can about any character(even if it was a mere quest giver). Further on I started browsing WoWWiki a lot since it contained a lot of information about the lore and the Warcraft world. I started reading about every race, their history, the Three major wars as well as the War of the Ancients (that got it all started) and many more. To this day I still read a lot from that site since I enjoy the Warcraft lore so much.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I heard about Warcraft Roleplaying a long time ago but I didn't know what to expect. At first I thought it was just like a normal server but a bit more IC( I would've been dissapointed if that was the case). Some days ago I got in a bit of an arguing with a player from the guild I was in (on another server) when I said "I play Warcraft mostly for PvE. I like doing the instances and reading all the quests since I find the lore amazing". Right then he said "Well, this is not a roleplaying guild so you're in the wrong place" I didn't say anything because I didn't want the arguing to go on, but I started thinking about the Roleplay more. I searched google about World of Warcraft roleplay and I read about how to do it on WoWWiki. The first thing that popped up was this forum. I am very curious about how this is gonna turn out but I hope it's gonna be okay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, since this is my first roleplay experience I can't say I enjoy some type of roleplaying for sure, but I read a lot about it on the Wiki. I believe I would do fine on a human character for start. I am amazed about the options for your roleplay experience. That you can actually belong to any of the human kingdoms of Azeroth and you can choose your own path, make your own friends and have a great adventure. On the other side I'd love to be on one of the Orcish clans.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, my favorite race is Human mostly because I can get in character easier than on any other race and I actually enjoy the human side on the world of Azeroth. I enjoy playing as a warrior or rogue. I don't actually like being a magic user. I trust my wits and sword more than arcane knowledge. Also rogue is a good way to roleplay great things, such as being part of the Stormwind Intelligence(SI:7), and many more.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope I find many good roleplayers and friendly people who enjoy roleplaying and meeting new people. I hope I'll get along just fine with everyone.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I am okay with all of the rules, it's most important that everyone follows them so everyone can have a good pure roleplay experience. I wouldn't like to see anyone else roleplaying a god of some sort. I know that at the start there are gonna be people more powerful than me (with either the sword or autorithy) and I believe that is a fine thing, but I wouldn't like to meet Arthas's Son or something like that( if you know what I mean)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Rain pours in Duskwood for several days. Screams echo in the distance and smoke fills the air coming from the north.

A lone human with a thick mask is running as if it was followed by death itself. From the mist there can be seen a small farmhouse with the lights turned on. The man reaches the farmhouse and looks outside before going in to check if he was followed. No-one was out there, just the mist and the haunting echoes. The man hurries inside and locks the door behind him.

On the bed lies his wife getting ready to give birth to her first child. The man checks the window again for unwanted visitors then hurries to the bed. He takes down his mask and comes close to his wife.
- Anne we must hurry, the blackrock orcs are right behind me, they started an invasion of Duskwood and Elwynn Forest. We must get out of here as soon as possible. The king already evacuated the whole of Stormwind through the harbour. They've been sending citizens to the north towards Menethil and to West towards Theramore. We have to leave too.
- Richard, I cannot leave. The pain is overwhelming. I think it's time.
- You don't mean... time to give life to my first son. *He approaches and kisses his wife on the forehead* Still, it's not the best timing.

Just then Anne screams in pain. Richard hurries up and does all the preparations for the birth of the child. After minutes of agonizing pain the child is born. The father takes his child up and looks at him. It was a boy, a strong looking boy with a great will to live.
- It's a boy. *said Richard while smiling to his wife*.
Anne smilled to Richard then gave her last breath. She died after giving birth to her first child. Richard is completely overwhelmed with grief at the death of his wife, but he remembers the great danger they are in. He takes his child covers him in some blankets and pockets some old goods from their house. With no other choice but to leave his wife he gets out in the rain with his child and hurries to the north, towards Stormwind. Tears in his eyes poured as he ran as fast as he could towards their salvation.

Upon reaching the gates of Stormwind, a crowd of people were trying to get in a catch a spot to the ships that would save them from the orc menace. A guard saw the rogue and his son through the rain.
- Richard! Richard Bent, of the SI:7 is that you?
- Yes, it's me Archie, what are you doing?
- I'm trying to keep the people from overwhelming Stormwind. They are rushing in but in their struggle they might affect the order of the retreat and we cannot allow that. What about you, where is Annette?
- She died, giving birth to my child.
The guard looks to the child in Richard's arms. I'm sorry for your loss, brother. But he looks as a strong boy. I hope he'll live long.
- I sure hope so too, but we're kinda stranded here. It might not be the best thing to tell you but the orcs overwhelmed Darkshire. Matt Shaw, my commander sent me to help the guards there but we couldn't hold them at bay. It's not long till they get here. Can you let me in?
- Uh... Sure! *The guard turns at some other soldiers* Let this man and his son get in, they are of great importance!
- Yes, sir! *answered the guards hastly*
- Thank you, Archie. Are you gonna be fine?
- Don't worry about me, brother. As soon as I'm done here we'll retreat to the harbour. Now go! Take the ship Gryphon's wing, at bay three. You'll be safe there. It'll take you to Menethil.
- Alright, I'll see you on the other side!
Richard hurries inside Stormwind, and onto the long alley ways towards the Harbour. There, the crowd was much more organized than the one at the entrance. The nobles can be seen boarding larger ships and the other citizen some smaller ships, but everything was going in order.

Richard looks for the Bay 3 and sees the Gryphon's Wing. A large Transport ship, that would fair pretty well against a Orc Juggernaut even if it was built for transporting and not sea-battles. The man hurries towards the entrance only to be stopped by a muscular angry looking guard.
- Whoa whoa whoa, where do you think you're hurrying up, pal? Do you know what ship this is? Only commanders and High rankings of the Alliance shall board this ship. Now beat it, before I throw you into the cold sea.
- I'm Richard Bent, of the Stormwind Intelligence, you've got to let me in, I have the right of passage I need to-
- You're not going ANYWHERE, pal before I see the badge and your code-number. Do you know how many crooks we get trying to get a free ride to Menethil?
Richard quickly looks through his pocket to find his badge that would prove him right. But he finds nothing. His badge laying in his house, now on fire, lit by the unstoppable raiding orcs.
- No, you don't understand. *Richards laments himself*
- I understand perfectly, buddy. Now get out of my sight, I am used to deal with the lowest low-life like you, begone before I-
- Bernard! *The guard is intrerupted by a man already boarded on the ship* Do you know who stands in front of you?
The guard turns scared at the ship only to see Mattias Shaw, commander of the SI:7 and Richard's superior.
- S-Sir?
- Let that man, get in, he outranks you far too high for you to yell at him like that. And next time I see this happening I'll put you in chains myself. Don't make me do that, you numbnuts!
- Yes, sir! *he turns to Richard* Sorry for this, sir. It's just-
- It doesn't matter, soldier. You're just doing your job.
The guard quickly makes way for Richard who boards the ship and approaces his commander.
- Agent Bent, ready to report, sir!
- Easy with the formalities Bent. I may be your superior but we're friends. Now, what do you have there. *Looks at the child*
- Well, this is my son, sir. Pardon me from bringing him here in front of you.
- It doesn't matter... he looks like a sturdy boy. I hope he'll live through this.
- Thank you, sir. Anyway, about the report. Darkshire is lost.
- As I thought. No matter, I am sure you did the best you could. And where is your wife?
- She... died, giving birth to him.
- That's most concerning... Did you give him any names, Bent?
- Actually, I forgot about it, sir. I was so scared that I-
- It's never too late. So, you thought of anything?
- I think I'll name him Garrett, sir.
- Garrett? You're sure you're not gonna teach your son the arts of the Rogue, are you?
Both men laugh a bit. They suddenly get intrerupted by a big explosion sited at the gates of Stormwind.
- They're here. *said Richard*
- Do not worry, we're safe. I.. can't say the same for the ones who didn't board the ships yet but we evacuated a big part of Stormwind already. You should go in room 416. Here's the key. Get some sleep. You'll be safe.
- What about you, sir?
- I'll be staying here helping with the evacuation of the others as long as I can.
- Alright, sir. I'll go now.
- Be safe, Bent.
Richard walks to his room. He enters it and lays the baby on the bed. Then he sits on it near him and checks his small bag for something he took from his home. It was a picture of Anne, he quickly took before running. Tears burst from his eyes. He was ashamed that he couldn't give her an appropriate burial. Suddenly the child starts crying. He quickly turns and takes him in his arms smiling at him. He says to himself:
- One life for another, eh? I guess that's the way God wanted it to happen.

The rain keeps pouring as the ship takes off from the harbour. Many fires have started throughout the Stormwind, and the echoes of war roam across the battlefield. The Blackrock Clan delivered a heavy blow to the Alliance with this sudden invasion. Now, the human survivors of Stormwind will have to mourn their death and rebuild their forces with the help of the people of Theramore and Menethil so they can retake their capital.

As for our hero. He swore that he'll take care of his son, well. Just like his wife wanted, but also he'll strike back and help reclaim their beloved capital.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing really. Hope the story isn't too long for you to read... other than that, hope you'll enjoy it.[/color]
Hello there asus12, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thanks for the story! Length is no object.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.