Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, myself as a player would be a rather calm person, not really one that would get upset about much or anything really. I would say that I have been more or less a "hardcore" gamer since I was five years old, looking back at that now, that's a long time though I would prefer to not give up my own age right here at this point.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Sweden and that would mean that swedish is my primary language though I find myself using english more than swedish most of the time.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oh that's a long time ago, I guess I got into warcraft 3 through Starcraft and then eventually ended up with World of Warcraft once that came around all those years ago.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Well, since I stopped playing the retail version of the game a while back I felt that I wanted to atleast be able to play the game a little here and there, and since I used to play on an RP server and roleplay a fair bit back there, I thought I would throw an eye out for a private RP server, which I did doubt I would find, due to my past experience with private servers but this one seems like a good choice.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Oh this one I'm not sure how I would answer really, there are so many types that I like and dislike but I quite enjoy somewhat peaceful RP in smaller groups. To put it simple.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I guess I don't have much of a choice than to go with a Gnome Mage which I played for many years as a main. There's just things you get away with as a gnome which you don't with other races. Though people seem to have trouble taking you seriously most of the time which can end up being annoying but you just need to find the right people. And for the mage part, that's just really another "twist" to the character for me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Oh I don't tend to have high expectations. I prefer to just wait and see what comes.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I don't know which one would appeal to me the most, there's a whole bunch of them really. Most of them are important to me, so rather than listing them, I would just like to state that I prefer when people can respect eachother, act decent and also when they throw a joke, they should be able to take a joke in return. Though of course there are always limits.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Oh, darn. Storytelling.. Not one of my strong points but alright, fair enough.

Stay a while and listen.. And I will tell you a story of dungeons and dragons, orcs and goblins and.. What? What do you mean this has already been done once? Oh well, I guess I'll pick another one then.

This is a story about a young woman who had run away from a life of comfort and luxury to join the sick and poor people of the streets. She had been living on the streets together with them for seven years now after running away at the age of fourteen. She spent her days sitting on a crate by the canals in Stormwind City, asking bypassers to spare some coin, food, clothes, anything they could spare really. However, she was not asking for these things for herself. Everytime she got a couple of coins together she would head off to a bakery to buy some cheap bread that was maybe not the most fresh bread in the shop, but it was cheaper because of it. She would then take the sack filled with the loaves of bread and start walking around the streets of the city, handing out the loaves to the starving urchins on the streets who smiled back at her and then scurried away.
She had tried to help the kids on the streets back when she was still living the life of luxury however, the urchins wouldn't trust her. They had learned that trusting a noble was almost never a good thing to do, but now she was one of them. She didn't have a home, neither did they. She had no money other than what people would spare, which was then spent on feeding the kids around her.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: ..About the story, It wasn't the best thing I've wrritten by far but I guess it will have to do as I came to a complete writers block there.
Hello there Fionara, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thanks for the story!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.