Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mpalien Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I started playing World of Warcraft when it was first released. I was a very casual player and opted for the role playing experience (I joined the Blizzard RP server) rather than hardcore raids and grinding. I stopped playing just before WotLK was released.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live on the west coast of the United States and English is my first language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing the D&D based game, Baldur's Gate over a decade ago. This led to my first online RPG, Ultima Online. After years of this, I began WoW when it was first released.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
This was the most organized of the private roleplaying servers I found via google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love a good dark and sinister storyline, but any and all RP is of great interest to me. I love large group stories and focusing more on the social interactions between characters.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
All races and classes are great in their own ways, but I really enjoy Gnomes and Trolls. Their backgrounds and environments provide some interesting RP characteristics. In addition, I prefer spellcasting classes like the Warlock and Shaman. They are an interesting twist that can be taken down multiple paths.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping to find a decently sized community of dedicated role players who enjoy creating their own stories, helping other players progress, and engage in the overall arcs.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The ones that stood out were Humility and correct use of grammar. Gamer speech pulls people out of character and can ruin peoples experience. Humility prevents "celebrity" characters and gives everyone an equal chance to shine and help others blossom.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Night had fallen. The last rays of sunshine dove behind the distant mountain peaks as Braxas stared off into the flames of the camp fire. Her fellow tribe members were laughing and enjoying their meals around her, but the young troll had been lost in thought for some time. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was looming on her horizon. She had begun her training as a shaman several months ago and her teacher had always stressed the importance of trusting in intuition and following her mind's eye.

As she absentmindedly toyed with the talisman around her neck, Braxas concentrated on the dancing flame of the campfire. The sounds of the trolls around her faded away and were replaced with the faintest of whispers. Before her eyes, the smoke plumes formed images. Braxas' eyes widened as she tried to make out the sights and sounds before her.

The whispers increased in volume as the images solidified. The din of the experience soon overwhelmed the young shaman. She caught a single image before she stood up and shrieked for it all to stop.

"I go to Orgrimmar."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Looking forward to joining the community!
Hello there mpalien, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thanks for the story.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.