Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dance of the Earthmother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day everyone, this is a tidbit taken from Piroska's age-old Events, Events, and more Events! thread that I had brought back to life many monthas ago. Now that I've eased back into CotH since my break I will take up the mantle to try to run as much as these events as I can! So without further adue, I present to you the Dance of the Earthmother!

[Image: Horde_32px.gif] Dance of the Earth Mother
  • Celebrated: First days of spring, summer, fall, and winter.
    Dance of the Earth Mother is a four-part celebration which marks the change of the seasons. Performed at start of spring, summer, fall and winter, the ritual involves burning scented grass and herbs to ease the Earth Mother's transition into her new form. At this time tauren feast on the traditional staples from the previous season; for instance, to usher in spring, tauren consume the last of their winter stores, such as dried meat and preserved vegetables.

To make this event a sucess we must have not just activity from the Gms in order to make it interesting but we must also have players willing to partake in it! As the name suggests there will be various forms of celebration such as dancing, storytelling, smoking of local herbs, tests of strength, and much, much more!

I intend to host this event from the fist of september all the way up to the fourth and will have but is not limited to the following:

Tribal Dancing
Great feasts
Storytelling
spiritual rites
Perhaps a speech from Carine
A hunt in preperation for the coming fall

I strongly encourge suggestions to make this event go smoothly. If anyone would like to Volunteer to take part in running one of these or one of their own, please say so and I'll be sure to set something up!
Count Blackbrute in if I can be online at the time!
A small update! -

The Dance of the Earthmother will be beginning tomorrow afternoon when I manage to get home from school. I intend to start things off with a speach from the Bluff's shamans and druids that will lead into the four-day-long feast of many vibrant fruits, vegetables and of course, kodo meat!

As a reminder this event is not limited to just tauren but to all horde races visiting the Bluff while the festivities take place.

I will hopefull be home by 3PM server in order to kick things off!

P.S. - Still open for anyone that wants to help!
Alak's so in, tomorrow.
Finally, tauren arr pee !
Hopefully it'll still be going on when I come home tomorrow :(
Sadly my time has been sapped for anything fun in my life, I'll try but remains not so hopeful.
My thanks goes to all whom attended the starting event tonight!

This event will go on until about the fourth and I encourage you all to spark random RPs in the bluff. Don't be afraid to have your tauren tell tales of events passed to the crowd amassed or to encourage dancing all over the bluff!

Have fun, I'll try to go and make things lively whenever I can!