Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mousezilla's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
This question could be taken a couple of ways, so I'll answer them both. While I do like to play a nice mindless beat 'em up once in a while, I really prefer games with some kind of plot or story. I'll quite happily spend an evening hanging over my fiance's shoulder to watch him playing a plot-driven game.

As a role-player, I like spinning out these little lives and watching them grow, if that makes sense. Making up stories and adventures for him/her in my head, watching how the character changes and grows through the RP, and how he/she is affected by other characters.
I also find that I draw inspiration from rpg settings for my (admittedly amatuerish) artwork. Art block? Don't know what to paint? Doodle out some dancing trolls or an unamused-looking orc being chatted up by a smirking elf.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
As a lifelong resident of the American Midwest, I speak that language that mugs other tongues in dark alleys and rifles their pockets for loose vocabulary, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend gave me the Vanilla and Burning Crusade discs as a gift when I got a computer capable of running WoW, and I was pretty much instantly hooked. Now I joke with him that it was some kind of twisted revenge for stealing his clothes back when we were dating.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
A friend and rp buddy from my usual server has been most insistent that I come have a look-see.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I really like the tavern/bar style, as it offers so many possibilities. I can bounce my character off many different people, or just sit back and watch other characters' stories unfold.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I know this will probably cause a few "hm" faces, but the first answer that pops into my head is blood elf rogue. I know, I know, but my very first Warcraft RP character and still my most loved is Torael, the Sin'dorei sneakthief with a fluffy marshmallow center.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be honest, I don't really have much in the way of expectations. Even after reading the rules and guidelines, and all of my friend's gushing, I'm not sure what to expect.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Not sure. The rules about godmodding and Mary Sues are nice, but my favorite might be the naming rules. "Funnysmells" the undead warlock was the LEAST facepalm inducing name I've run across on my usual server. Or possibly the "permanent flounce" rule. Or the "Death is Permanent" rule. I'm usually a live-and-let-live kind of player.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I finally stopped waffling and decided to offer an entry from the IC journal of my mage.

I do like Dalaran, really. The possibilities for research and learning amongst fellow mages who care little what faction your race happens to be a part of is freeing, in a way. To not have to justify how this cantrip or that line of study will ultimately benefit a war effort that I feel is ridiculous and misguided... I suppose it's a good thing young Hellscream isn't in the habit of peeking into people's diaries. He doesn't seem the type to take criticism well, and I'm not as adept at evading angry pursuers as my twin.

But I digress. Dalaran is a place I would consider making a home in... if it weren't for the neighbors, so to speak. Icecrown is quiet these days, but it's always still there, lurking just at the edge of perception like a... haunted doll on shelf. And it WAS haunted, Tori. I don't care what you say. I swear it moved. And like that doll, the Lich King's spires and battlements invade my sleep, giving strange dreams and nightmares.

Time for a change of scenery. I found Hitoh in Orgrimmar, and it was so good just to see him again. He took me up to Hyjal, to show me what he does on a normal day up there. All lascivious jokes about stamina aside, I'm not sure how he does it. I'm so tired I can barely keep my head up, and he still looks fresh as a dai... well, he doesn't look wrung out like an old rag, like I'm sure I do. I haven't drained my magic like this since... ever. Still, I have to admit it felt a bit good to let go on those mad cultists, who the world has to thank in part for Deathwing's tantrum. "Give yourself to the flame," indeed. Take this fireball and choke on it, you lunatics.

Hitoh was magnificent to watch, swinging that great mace like it weighed nothing at all. I admit, I was unsettled for a moment the first time he called a platoon of undead from the earth to fight for him, but... he IS a death knight, after all. Just as he was when I first became infatuated with him. I suppose there are others who would be just as troubled by my casually throwing arcane fire around to incinerate living beings.

We visited the shrine of Lo'gosh, and... well, I understand Hitoh's newfound sense of purpose better than I did. Those great golden eyes held me captive for a few long moments... I understand a few things better now... destruction has it's place in the natural order of things. Like a forest fire allowing pinecones to release their seeds and clearing away deadfall and underbrush so the great trees may grow, or a pack of wolves taking down an old, sickly elk so that instead of lingering in pain, it dies quickly and makes room in the herd for the new calves.

What these Twilight reprobates have done, are attempting to do, is NOT part of the circle. The fire they've set doesn't cleanse or heal, it leaves only ash and death. They've upset the balance, and now it falls to the rest of us to be the wolf pack that takes down these sick, rabid animals.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Ask me again in a couple of weeks!
Hello there Mousezilla, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thanks for the story.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
I will definitely do so again, just so I can try my best not make an utter fool of myself right off the bat, and thank you!