Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Irth's Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I started out with WoW six years ago in late Vanilla, at first I had really no clue what in the hell I was doing. I kind of just floated around and did PvP. During the middle of Burning Crusade I got a hang of things and I joined one of the top raiding guilds at the time, Represent, from Draka. I hung with that guild until late WOTLK when I created a character on Moon Guard after a friend droning on and on about it. I fell on love with role-play and quickly transfered all of my characters over there and swapped them Alliance. After about a year and a half of role-play, Retail WoW got boring and the server itself started to die. I decided to cancel my sub, and play Age of Conan, where I reside today. I've just been feeling that I've been missing WoW though, and I heard about this server through the same friend. So, here I am to try my luck at it's applicaton process!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the good ol' USA. I speak American English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft as previously stated, about six years ago. A friend of mine kept telling me about how his Uncle played it and how good he was. So at the end of the school year, I picked up the game at Circut City and I've been hooked ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?
I've been seeking a mature, good, role-play community for some time now, a friend named Daelso referred this one to me! All in all, Moon Guard has started to pass away, most of the role-players have either quit playing, or are hardcore PvP'ers now. So I, one of the remaining few, come to you, in search of good ol' role-play!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy two kinds mainly, Alliance side I prefer that of a criminal. Being able to experience just about everything role-play has to offer in small doses. Good fights, friends, tavern role-play, and the ability to talk to people however I like! (Without crossing the line too far!) On the Horde side I really like Orcish Tribal role-play, you know, only the strongest survive. Listening to your chieftan, or War-Chief. I always loved competeing with my fellow Orcs, or crushing our enemys with brute force. Also, the kinship you develop with your Tribe-mates is almost like family.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For Alliance, I like a Human Rogue composition, mainly because I am Human, I know how Humans act and I can play that role much easier. The Rogue just adds to my criminal life style, no other class fits it quite as easily. For Horde, I like an Orc Warrior. The definition of brute strength, an Orc Warrior is nothing but pure muscle and rage, using their strength to rise in their clan or tribe. Being a criminal, and a being of pure strength are what attract me to those to compositions.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a safe, mature, role-play haven. Where I can role-play with "Professional" role-players who know what they are doing, what they want to do, and how to execute it. I plan to meet a well run, well controlled server. I hope to meet little to no trolls, and to be as immersed as possible while spending my time in your Azeroth.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Tolerance. I cannot stand when people rip on others for being Gay/Bi/Lesbian, or making fun of another because of their race. I can't real explain how it feels being that I am Caucasian and straight, but I absolutely hate it when my peers make fun of others because of things they cannot control. Having no tolerance for such behavior is a big plus in my book.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
As Thrak wanders the seemingly endless Barrens, followed closely by his son Thran, he thinks to himself. "What a mystical land, how wise is my clan to have chosen such a magestic land!" A light, eastward wind blows gently against the father and son, but sight-seeing is not what they are here for. The pair plans to hunt Kodo, Thran is finally of age to hunt the massive beast and Thrak plans to teach him his tricks to the best of his ability. After a bit of wandering, Thran notices a herd of Kodo in the distance. "Father, look!" Thran exclaims, pointing at the herd. "Very good, my son." Thrak says, as he nods with approval. "Now watch and learn how a real hunter stalks his pray!" In finishing his sentence, Thrak rushes towards the herd. Diving into a group shrubs a couple feet infront of the herd, his son following closely behind. "Watch this son, never go for the biggest one, they'll always put up a fight. But don't go for the smallest, their tiny meat isn't worth the trouble. Always go for one inbetween, not too big, not too small." After finding a Kodo he liked, Thrak explodes out of the bushes, drawing his battle-axes, one in each hand he leaps ontop of the Kodo. Hacking wildly at it's neck, the frightened Kodo scramble while one of their bretheren fights for it's life. After a quick struggle, Thrak finally lands the death blow, Thran let's out a cheer. Thrak quickly hops off and let's out a grin, "And that son, is how to provide for a clan." Thran rushes up to admire the Kodo, Thrak turns to examine the clean kill as well. Their victory is short lived. Suddenly, Thrak and Thran experience a massive blow to the back of their heads, knocking them unconscious. Around twenty minutes later, Thrak regains consciousness, he looks around groggily, he notices his son, still unconscious laying next to him. Then, to his complete surprise, he notices bars, and that he is being carried. The two have been caged! Screaming with rage, Thrak tries his best to break the cage and free himself and his son. This scream also alerted his captors to his consciousness. It turns out a band of Human slavers just so happened to find Thrak and Thran hunting, coming across the pair they quickly set up a plan to incapacitate and capture the two Orcs. Obviously, their plan worked flawlessly. After a few laughs, and a bit of common. Thrak has realized what happened, he roars some more, hoping to scare the slavers away. But his efforts are futile, and the Slaver party keeps on moving, Thrak can see a Human settlement not far off in the distance.
((Accept me to find out what happens next! xD))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing at all, thanks in advance!

Hello there Irth, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Whenever people say they're looking for a roleplaying safehaven, I often wonder what kind of battered literary upbringing they're joining us from.
My last community broke every rule in the RP book of do's and don't's, and I would still be lying if I said I hadn't had any fun there.

Good grief, good times.

Get in here.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.