Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: NeonAzure's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, for starters, I'm female. I'm sure that won't make much of a difference, but you asked me to tell you about myself. Anyway, I'm not HUGELY into games, but I do enjoy the odd FPS and RPG game. I've heard about WoW a lot but never got into it, mostly for the bad rep it gets outside of nerd circles. Of course, I'm willing to give it a chance now, thanks to some friends and family recommending it. I'd also like to add that I much prefer plot-driven games more than random shoot-em-ups and the like, such as Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Assassin's Creed, etc.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born, raised, and proudly Canadian, English is and always has been my primary language and the language in which I excel the most. I've always been told by my teachers that I have exceptional English language skills well above my age-bracket. I've dabbled in writing quite a bit and have done my fair share of role-playing throughout my life, as well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well... I haven't quite gotten into it yet, but I'm willing to give it a try on the recommendations of friends and family. Especially, if I can do so in a relatively friendly and encouraging environment. I don't know what else I can say regarding this question.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Oh, my brother, of course. I saw him playing it and he introduced me to this place. I must say, I'm quite intrigued. Role-playing in a videogame? Can't say I haven't done that before, but it's been quite some time since I last tried it and certainly not like this. Plus, it's free! Lord knows I don't have quite the dedication to pour a ton of money into something I may only play casually.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
What kinds? I usually prefer in-depth stories that are as much about the setting and plot as the characters. Generally, the roleplays I do are paragraph-style, interactive novel-esque sort of things. I've always been a fairly strong writer and because of that I care as much about plot and substance as characterization. I believe characters should drive the plot and the plot should drive the characters. As far as genre, I'm pretty open to everything from sci-fi to fantasy, to horror, to action-adventure, to romance.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Like I said, I've never tried WoW before, but I'm pretty intrigued by the Worgen. I'm partial to animals or animal-like characters, and werewolves are always pretty sweet. As for class... I'm partial to magic-users, but mostly because I'm not much of the warrior-type and tend to get slaughtered. It's easier to throw spells from a distance than it is to get right into the fray. I know, I'm such a girl.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just hope to have fun and be welcomed warmly as the noob I am. Otherwise, my expectations are fairly average. It's best not to go in expecting too much, otherwise you might end up being disappointed.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the grammar rule. Bad grammar makes me twitch a bit, and it's tough to find writers or RPers who can match my level of language skills. Of course, I'm usually not too concerned by a person's writing skills. As long as their story-telling skills are up to par, I can usually overlook a few spelling or grammatical errors. Also, respect; that's a good rule to have no matter where you go.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I don't have the time or patience to write something on the spot, so have a snippet of a novel I'm trying to write (it's still a rough draft and probably sucks, but it should give you an example of my writing skills):

Through an explosion of stardust and brilliant light emerged a dark and mangled shape; the crippled wreckage of a starship spewing forth from the space between space, her virgin hull ravaged by the scars of battle. There were scores of blackened holes and streaks of scorched metal that seared across her exterior and a halo of shattered metal that drifted in her wake, but through the blackened, blistered metal the freshly painted letters of a single word were still discernible; O’theira. The Virgin Goddess of Prosperity, whose name adorned the vessel, wept in the minds of her crew. The O'theira had been unprepared for the vicious assault she had encountered on her maiden voyage; she had been outgunned and outmatched, her hyperdrive her only saving grace.

Leaping blindly into hyperspace with the loss of her navigational systems had been risky at best, but had proven more than worth it; she had barely escaped the assault before her damaged systems finally gave out, and had they not jumped she may not have survived. But, now, with her engines failing, sputtering in their final throes as she tumbled past alien stars, things were looking far worse.

With the death of the engines went all of their other systems, save for life-support and a handful of non-essentials, casting the battle-beaten crew into darkness. Sparks erupted from damaged relays and overloaded consoles, filling the silence of the distraught ship's bridge with intermittent pops and crackles and flashes of light that flickered across the faces of her stunned crew. The captain, massive and unmovable in his overwhelming stature, loomed behind the command seat, gripping its back with taloned hands; seemingly unmoved by the events they had just witnessed.

His first officer and mate rose from where she had been thrown to the floor by their sudden deceleration, steadying herself on the nearest console. The remaining bridge crew tended quietly to their wounds, some returning to their stations to assess the damage.

Reptilian lips peeled back to reveal dagger-sharp teeth as a displeased growl rumbled deep in the captain’s muscular chest.

“Status report.” he rumbled, stepping out from behind the seat to survey the darkened bridge. His voice commanded respect with its deep, throaty tones and rich, elegant accent, but it was his size and stature that earned him the most respect. At a massive eight-foot-five, he towered over lesser beings and most of his crew. However, his saurian appearance was equally intimidating. The massive jaws lined with razor sharp teeth, taloned hands and feet, muscular tails and brute strength of his species made him a deadly adversary. Yet, they had been unprepared for the assault upon their ship; had not expected to encounter such an unprovoked attack, and now they were adrift in unfamiliar space.

“We’re dead in the water, Captain.” spoke one of the bridge crew, a young Veruthian male named Caspian, “Engines are non-responsive. We have multiple hull breaches on decks three and four. Power is at 15% and dropping, and we are hemorrhaging atmosphere.”

There was another rumbling growl as the captain struggled to keep his anger in check. This was not how it was supposed to be. This was supposed to be a simple voyage inaugurating the completion of their largest and most magnificent starship and to celebrate the dawning of a new era of space-travel. Who would dare attack a Veruthian starship on this momentous occasion?

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Um... I'm really new to WoW so any help would be appreciated.
Hello there NeonAzure, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thank you for the story.

I like your writing style, Azure.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
I've changed my mind. I've lost the ambition to do this and the game is killing my computer's memory. Feel free to remove me.