Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Crailtap's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
OOC: Ah, where to begin? I've been Role-playing since I was, what, twelve, in good old Pen-And-Paper Dungeons and Dragons. Ever since the early days, I've been a bit of a leader, being the Dungeon Master of several games, though I am willing to listen and follow someone else's lead- I actually find that preferable, the majority of the time. I eventually got into World of Warcraft after several friends purchased the game, and was immediately drawn to an RP server- Feathermoon. I was sadly disappoint in that RP only really appeared in guilds, and in these guilds my characters were always unknowns, invalids, unimportant, and unnoticed- essentially, no one really RP'd with me and I couldn't really develop my character. So, after reaching around level..., I stopped. I then played on and off for months, stopping for months at a time and then playing for a month or so, until I reached level 78 on my mighty gnome Death Knight (laugh all you want, I thought he was cool :c ). After getting bored, I decided to piddle about in Warhammer Online back when I thought that was cool. There, I joined a new RP guild, and finally reached an officer rank, before that too, couldn't satisfy my lust for uninterrupted, pure, Role-play. So, I purchased myself a copy of good old Garrys Mod, and founda HL2RP server. I floated around these, before becoming an owner and head admin of one myself. It was fairly popular, garnering about 30+ players every day to do pure, Half-Life role-play. Though its still up, and though I do still pay for the server, HL2 has started to bore me, and I found myself drawn back to where my experience in video game RP all began... World of Warcraft. Good old WoW RP. Knew I'd come back to it :D. This time, for real, on an RP private server (hopefully). Hope to see you all serverside one day :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the USA, in good old Los Angeles, California. Hence, my primary language is English. I also lived in Germany for three years, and thus speak enough German to get by. But, to answer the question, my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I joined the Warcraft bandwagon back with Warcraft 2. Fun stuff. Fun indeed. Played when I was a kid, so didn't understand the lore too much but still. Had a lot of fun with it. My dad gave it to me, and that is the beginning of a long love story between me and the RTS genre. But this question is likely about World of Warcraft, isn't it?

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Frankly? I was really, really bored of my Garrys Mod role-play. I was debating renewing my World of Warcraft subscription, to get back into Feathermoon, but then a thought occurred- What if there are Role-play private servers? A quick Google search brought me to Conquest of the Horde, and after reading the stickies and rules, I decided that you folks looked rather organized and friendly, and decided, “Hey... I should get in on this!”. Plus, you all seem extremely friendly :).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Not sure if this is a term used in World of Warcraft RP, but passive RP is a huge one. If it isn't, its essentially tavern roleplay. Sit back in a bar, or house, or around a camp fire, or whatever, and just RP whoever comes. Develop your character. Help develop other people's characters. Grab a drink. Essentially, have fun. However, every once in a while, I love combat roleplay. Though I'm not terribly good at it (at least, not in my opinion), I find it fun to practice my Combat RP skills- the only reason I don't like doing Combat RP often is because I am scared of being called a powergamer/mary sue due to winning, and thus always play to lose, and, well, almost always lose intentionally.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, I can really play most everything (except Orcs and Trolls. I cannot do Orcs and Trolls. Ever.), but if I had to pick a preferred species, it would be Goblins for Horde and Gnomes for Alliance. I love the short races, and if there is one thing that I am really good at when it comes to RP, its technical RP. I can Role-play building most anything, from the steampunk designs of World of Warcraft the the high-tech stuff of Half-Life. Sadly, I never really got the chance to RP techie stuff much during my old World of Warcraft Role-playing days, and I would love nothing more than to pick up a wrench and begin my crafting, making contraptions both in the game and entirely imagined (of course, realistic contraptions).Class wise, I really have no preference when it comes to gameplay, but to fit the technical aspect of my character, I'd likely chose Rogue or Mage.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A good, accepting, friendly Role-playing environment that I can not only enjoy, but help others enjoy as well. After all, the best part of Role-play is enjoying it as a group, together :).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Though I like all of the rules you have, the biggest one for me would have to be the Tolerance. On servers on many games, I have been criticized based on my Sexual Orientation and often alienated. A welcoming server is always a plus, to me. The Respect rule is also big. I respect others, and, as everyone else, wish to be treated with respect as well :).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Life. In the conventional sense, it begins with birth and ends with death. But Cyn viewed life differently. He'd been a talented engineer since he could first build, even more talented than many of his genius gnome brethren. Though physically weak, and magically powerless, he had the gift of being able to build most anything. Except for one thing.

Cyn was obsessed with the creation of life. He wanted to create a completely intelligent, living, machine. Something that the others had assured him for years was, well, impossible. But Cyn never let others stop his genius creativity. He had gotten close to creating life. Real close. But just not there. He was sure that with another few years of work, maybe he could perfect his art...

One day, Cyn was toiling away in his workshop, once again attempting to create an intelligent contraption beyond the average intelligence of a chicken, which was all that had been obtained by gnomes previously. He worked for hours on end, the hours turning into days... the days turning into a full week of straight work. Finally, he had finished his work in what he had hoped to be an intelligent contraption. He held it up, grinning. “Told them I could do it... Now. To make this thing work...”

He flicked a switch on the large, roughly humanoid shaped contraption. It made odd whirring noises for a second, and Cyn grinned, taking a few steps back... then...

Boom. The entire thing exploded, throwing Cyn backward, against the wall. Groaning, he looked around his now damaged workshop, muttering, Dammit... I'm worse than a Goblin... Damn..

After a few moments, he finally pushed himself back up off of the ground, brushing himself off and sighing. He glanced around is workshop, and immediately set about repairing the building. He would finish, one way or another...

(OOC: Apologies for the story, I know it isn't very good... :c I'm better and improvisation. Again, sorry if the story isn't exactly high quality.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm a bit rusty on my Warcraft lore- is it alright if I re-learn the World of Warcraft storyline as I go? I know most everything there is to know about Azeroth- there are simply a few details I may have forgotten. Its been a long time. If not, I am more than willing to read up on the lore- I know where to find the necessary information and I posses many of the Warcraft books.
Hello there Crailtap, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thank you for the story, and yes, of course you may.
To be honest, I'd be virtually floored if someone arrived already knowing everything there is to possibly know, when you consider how expansive the World of Warcraft is.
Someone who's on her way through the novels can tell you that it's no small task.

I hope you don't take offence to this, but I keep wanting to mentally exchange the first consonant sounds of each syllable of your name.
That probably doesn't make much sense.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.