Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction (this is so cool)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I started playing world of Warcraft near the end of The burning crusade expansion. It kinda ticked me off when i hit lvl 70 and, Uh oh, wrath of the lich king came out that same day. But ive played wrath of the lich king till cataclysm came out, then i stopped because it became annoying. I was looking for something else to play and started up on DDO (Dungeons and Dragons online if you didn't know) which was primarily a role playing game. I never really thought id enjoy a role playing game, but DDO got me hooked on it. Problem was my computer couldn't run it at all after a few problems occurred. So i started playing WoW again but on other private servers because my computer could not run cataclysm's graphics. I tried role playing on some servers, but on each one I tried i got IP banned not 5 minutes after asking if there were any role players on the general channel. The last server i tried, someone told me to try CotH which i had no idea what that was. I typed it in Google, and found this server. So, here i am, and ive got to say this is a very complicated, complex, and confusing system of joining the server, which I really have to agree with because i don't think too many trolls and flamers would go to all this trouble just to join. /applause

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States of America, and as such my Primary language is American, not English. The difference between the two that not a lot of people notice is that English speakers don't have too much trouble understanding what each other are saying. When i talk to another american, i have to repeat myself three times before we understand each other.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft because my brother and i used to play runescape. but when i signed up, he had already moved on to WoW, so i followed. I played Warcraft III not long ago, though i had been given a chance to play it about three years ago

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I didn't realize that there were other RP servers haha. i found you using google

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be honest, it depends on my mood. Some times I like really active role play, but only when i can handle typing, running, casting, and other such stuff at the same time. More often than not i find myself just wandering around a forested area talking to myself, doing emotes and stuff. Role playing by myself is often as entertaining to myself as is Role playing with others Beer

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night Elves and Hunters. First off, that's the combo i started with, and the one i know best. Second, Hunters are awesome with all the neat stuff they can do. Aspect of the beast is killer when your trying to get somewhere and you don't want some high lvl horde running you down.
Night elves are my favorite race by far, because of the lore behind them. They've dealt with the most strife of all the races, and their Historic figures are the coolest of all the races. Seriously, if you knew that an ancient member of your race had betrayed his friends and family twice, and then made up for it by giving up his soul to demonic energy, wouldn't you be proud to be a kaldorie? Of course im talking about Illidian, though im not exactly sure if that's how it went. Still working on the Undead Campaign for Warcraft III ha ha.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Quite, cool headed players. Constant availability of role playing, and helpful gms, that's very important.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
That's a tough one, but im gonna have to go with the one that asks you to have a basic knowledge of Azeroth's lore. That way people don't all mixed up about what happened when and such.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
You might wanna get a drink, this ones gonna take a good 30 minutes. Favorite part of this thing.
The story im going to tell you is about a human child by the name of Sarah Torson. She's a small child, smaller than normal. But what she lacks in size, she makes up for in trust. This child could be approached by an Orc wielding a gargantuan axe dripping blood and roaring war cries, and she would smile at him and offer him a flower. Which isn't far off from what happened in this story.
Sarah was lost in Ashenvale forest. Her father being an Envoy of Stormwind, He and little Sarah were on their way to Darnassus. They had stopped in Astranaar for supplies and to rest her tired pony. "Of all the pony's in the stable, she had to choose the smallest and weakest of them all. We would've been in Darnassus days ago if she hadn't been so childish and stubborn" Her father would often complain to their guards during their travels. Of course, despite her childishness, Sarah's father loved her very much. Her stubbornness, he reasoned, was from her mother, a woman who instead of being a normal wife of the house, chose to work for SI:7. Her stubbornness, however, was also the cause of his current distress. After a few minutes in Astranaar, Sarah had came to him asking him to take her to the dryads she had heard about in stories. At his refusal, she stormed off and left Astranaar, though he didn't learn of it till one of his guards brought it up. And as they frantically searched the perimeter of Astranaar, Sarah was wandering down a path surrounded by the stumps of fallen trees. Now if your still paying attention little ones, ill tell you that little Sarah was far to the east of Astranaar, near the Morshan ramparts, Orc territory.
Now, where was I... oh yes. Little Sarah Torson was wandering down a small dirt path towards a strange hut with a red symbol painted on the door. The door was open, and it looked like someone had spilt red wine on the grass near it. Sarah was standing in front of the hut, when she heard a very loud, and very scary sound. She turned and saw the biggest bear she had ever seen. At this point, she did what any normal Human child would do. Sarah screamed at the top of her lungs.

Hope you like it, its a little fan fiction ive been working on for awhile. This is only the start of the first chapter, and only the rough draft at that. I think the whole thing is around twenty to thirty chapters.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
yeah, even though Night elves are my favorite race, and usually the first character i make is a night elf. I LOVE ORCS, mostly because of the Sacrifice made by Grom hellscream, i saw that cinimatic, and i cried at the end.
"I did it brother... the Blood haze is lifted, I have freed... myself" Grom
"no, brother... you have freed us all" Thrall
*sob sob* Me
Hello there razial, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

...You're already a peon, mm?
Well, I suppose all I can do is christen you with an introduction greeting and offer a friendly reminder to capitalise the beginnings of your sentences, as well as those i's!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
Oh poo, I always forget my eyes.
The beginning of my sentences Isn't usually an issue for me, I'm just so hyper right now that I'm not hitting the shift key right.
I'm adding this here because I decided it was relevant. I work at a night club as a bouncer. Six feet seven inches with two hundred twenty seven pounds of muscle. When I walk in a room with two teenagers fighting, -everyone- knows whats gonna happen. *Bonk*

8)