Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My WoW folder and problems!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, I have yet to play on the server, and Reigen has recommended that I post on the forums my problems. I have all of the patches in my WoW folder leading up to 3.3.5a, but only two downloaders, one for 3.1.1, and one for 3.3.5a. I only have one WoW folder, and it is on patch 3.01. I've installed WotLK, but haven't fired up the launcher, as I'm afraid it will patch to Cata. I tried opening patch 3.20, and got this message.

Patch can't be applied because it is missing data for: "enUS". If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (SetLanguage)

As well as problems with every other patch, as when I double click on one, I get this message: This update requires "World of Warcraft.app" version (Insert patch here) You have an older version, (Insert patch here)

If it helps at all, I can show you my WoW folder and login screen.

WoW folder:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198...re2ih.png/

Login screen:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/picture3hb.png/

Now, I'm an absolute nub when it comes to computers, downloads, or anything to do with tech. I would greatly appreciate help!
Are you certain that the version required for your 3.2 is 3.x?
(09-02-2011, 03:08 AM)Karunzo Wrote: [ -> ]Are you certain that the version required for your 3.2 is 3.x?

I suppose. Reigen just gave me the links for the downloads, so I'm guessing they work, I just haven't figured out how to work with them yet.
You could uninstall and try using the torrent found in the Downloads section to reinstall. It'll take a long damn time to download, but it should have everything you need.
Does it work for mac? Will it be on patch 3.3.5a? Lastly, will there be any steps after install?
Sorry for the double post; I'm a noob when it comes to this, so I would appreciate some more replies.
I couldn't open the picture of your WoW folder, but I have a possible solution to the problem. You are most likely not using the US WoW Client. it is very possible that you use enGB for example. You need to check that, because if I am correct, you will have to download the patches for your specific WoW locale.

Here is how to check it:
1. Open your WoW folder.
2. Go to Data from the root folder.
3. See what folders you have.
4. You are looking for a folder, named under the following format: xxXX (for example, enUS, enGB, etc)
5. If you have enUS, then I am wrong. If not, find patches for the version of WoW Client you have.

And about the 3.3.5a download in the Downloads section... I doubt it will work on Mac, since it uses .exe for a launching file, not .app, but I don't know much about Mac, so it will be better if you ask in the thread.
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...3-5a-12340
(09-13-2011, 11:31 PM)dastmo Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't open the picture of your WoW folder, but I have a possible solution to the problem. You are most likely not using the US WoW Client. it is very possible that you use enGB for example. You need to check that, because if I am correct, you will have to download the patches for your specific WoW locale.

Here is how to check it:
1. Open your WoW folder.
2. Go to Data from the root folder.
3. See what folders you have.
4. You are looking for a folder, named under the following format: xxXX (for example, enUS, enGB, etc)
5. If you have enUS, then I am wrong. If not, find patches for the version of WoW Client you have.

And about the 3.3.5a download in the Downloads section... I doubt it will work on Mac, since it uses .exe for a launching file, not .app, but I don't know much about Mac, so it will be better if you ask in the thread.
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...3-5a-12340

I've never looked at the folders in my computer, except a few times. Could you elaborate a bit more?
Okay, I am not familiar with MAC folder structure, so I hope you know where your WoW is installed. If you do, open the WoW folder, then follow the steps I provided below:

1. Open the folder named "Data".
2. Look at the folders that are located in there.
3. If you don't have a folder named "enUS", come to this thread and write down the names of the folders you have. I will try to find the proper patches.

If you do have an enUS folder, though, I am afraid I can't help.
Patches as follows

wow-2.1.1.1897-enUS-tools-patch
WoW-3.2.0-enGB-patch
wow-3.2.2-to-3.3.0-enGB-OSX-patch (This is a folder for some reason.)
WoW-3.3.0.10958-to-3.3.0.11159-enGB-patch
WoW-3.3.0.11159-to-3.3.2.11403-enGB-patch
WoW-3.3.3.11685-to-3.3.3.11723-enUS-patch
WoW-3.3.3.11723-to-3.3.5.12213-enUS-patch
WoW-3.3.5.12213-to-3.3.5.12340-enUS-patch
Okay one thing I noticed here - you have both enUS and enGB patches. Try downloading 3.2.0 enUS patch, since you have an enGB one.
(09-16-2011, 01:19 AM)dastmo Wrote: [ -> ]Okay one thing I noticed here - you have both enUS and enGB patches. Try downloading 3.2.0 enUS patch, since you have an enGB one.

I googled it for a bit; do you know where I'd find the patch?
http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_mirrors_(o...hes)#3.2.0
This is where you can get the patches. Go down on the next table, though. The title of the table says: "3.x .x → 3.2.0 Complete Patch (~1.2-1.6 GiB)" (without the quotes). Try downloading one of the US links...
If what Dastmo suggested doesn't work, just download the full 3.3.5a Stand-alone WoW Folder. It will take a loooong time but everything should work. That's your last option if all else fails. And I'm pretty sure it'll work with Mac.
(09-16-2011, 11:59 AM)dastmo Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_mirrors_(o...hes)#3.2.0
This is where you can get the patches. Go down on the next table, though. The title of the table says: "3.x .x → 3.2.0 Complete Patch (~1.2-1.6 GiB)" (without the quotes). Try downloading one of the US links...

So I just download them all and open them up? Then I can login?
Pages: 1 2