Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I like to consider myself a very friendly player. My ideal MMORPG is one with a great community and a diverse lore. I love to interact with other players and I enjoy forming my character's story and personality through means of interaction. I have had eight whole months of experience with RP in World of Warcraft (retail version).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I was born and raised in Denmark, Scandinavia. However I consider myself a fluent speaker of English, having no problems with expressing myself, even though it isn't my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?: As a child, I often sat by my brother's side to spectate, when he would be playing World of Warcraft, by the time it was first released. I instantly fell in love with this beautiful piece of art, as I later subscribed to Blizzard myself. In the beginning I chose the same realm as my brother, and probably every WoW gamer's first choice - a player versus player server. In a few months I reached level sixty and enjoyed being top of the foodchain for a while (according to me at least). However I quit the game and returned later when the first expansion was released, and I've been playing ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?: I quit playing the retail version of World of Warcraft about four months ago. Due to school and other social activities, I figured that I wouldn't have any time left to play World of Warcraft, so I cancelled my subscription. Lately I've been missing the RP experience, so I began looking for servers that could provide me with a great community and serious roleplayers. That's how I stumbled upon CotH, being very pleased with the description.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I enjoy adventurous roleplay, because if often creates an opportunity to interact with strangers who are also looking for action. But I also enjoy relaxed roleplay where you can chat with people you're acquainted with.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: My favourite race is definitely the Human race. Primarily because I can identify myself with their community, i.e social statuses and politics. Also I find the Human race more diverse than other races, making it more interesting to roleplay as such. As for classes, I don't have any particular preferences.

What are your expectations of this server?: I'm expecting a server with friendly and experienced roleplayers. I realise that the realm won't be packed with players, but I view that as an advantage. You have strict policies that makes it nearly impossible for players, that are only there for the purpose of spoiling your immersion and experience of the game, to exist on your server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Definitely the rule that provides top quality roleplay. It improves the game's immersion and makes it more enjoyable for everyone! Another rule that I find very appealing, is the guarenteed maturity from fellow players. Nothing is more irritating than an immature player, who doesn't know of humility. And lastly respect, because I wish to be treated with respect, and therefore I should respect other players' opinions and choices in return.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: This story's protagonist is a Human male, born and raised in the nobility of Stormwind City. The following scenario features an early episode his life, where he attends a training session with his grandfather, the current head of the family.

With extreme precision, he repeatedly swung the wooden sword in a vertical strike, against one of his tattered training dummies. A voice emanated from the background.
"Impressive, impressive. You're working hard, Light." Light wiped a hand across his forehead to remove the excessive sweat.
"Grandfather, I see you're visiting the manor! Will you be staying here today instead of with your squad?" Alistair inclined his head in a regal manner to confirm the question.
"That's great! It's been a long time since we last spoke, so I'm very happy!" said Light enthusiastically. Alistair nodded once again before grabbing a practice sword from the weaponrack.
"What do you say, we put your skills to a test?" Light was startled by his grandfathers challenge. It was the first time his grandfather had ever suggested a duel between the two.
"Really? I would love that!"
They prepared themselves for the duel before occupying their battle stances. Light initiated the fight by quickly striding forwards with a frontal attack, parried by his grandfather's blade. Light instantly withdrew the sword and went in for another attack, swinging it at the left side of his grandfather's torso. Alistair's hastily replied with yet another parry, however adding yet another move by twirling the sword around and disarming his grandson. He then pointed the tip of the blade at Light's neck, with a firm grip around the sword's shaft.
"You have improved, Light, but you've still got a lot to learn." Light wiped another hand across his forehead.
"Naturally, I will resume my practice immediately!" Alistair replied with a firm nod before leaving the training grounds. Light picked up his sword and returned to his training.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: N/A
Hello there HRyuga, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thank you for the st--
I guess Light threw out the death note in favour of a blade.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.