Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Intro: Hallahn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hmm... right, well! I'm a long-time online roleplayer (No PnP for me, sadly! Never knew anyone who was so inclined.) starting back at the alpha of a small game called Ragnarok Online. Moving on a few years, and I've branched out to incorporate everything from Star Wars Galaxies and City of Heroes, right the way through to Horizons and NeverWinter Nights! I tend to be drawn in by strong communities, the likes of which are seen in SWG (despite the game being able to count its remaining months on one hand), and CoH/V, and seek out a quiet little corner with a small group of others that I get on with. It's a simple path that's led me to some nice places, these past few years.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

England, born and raised. Which, as you may be able to guess, means my primary language is English! No real secondaries, I'm afraid. Although I can manage a few words in Welsh at a push.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

The I.P. as a whole? Warcraft II was my starting point - and it was glorious, back on my old P90! Was such an improvement over the previous 386.. 'Into Warcraft' as in... really into it? That would be Warcraft III for the story it told, and WoW for the story it expanded upon. Roleplay? A few years back, my Tauren (Hallahn) encountered a group entitled Moonwolf, and so my WoW RP began. Was quite the journey.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I found CotH via, and I'm ashamed to say this... a Google search. I was looking for something with a little more meat than the retail servers, and after many an hour browsing the wiki and poking about in these forums, I think I've found something I'd love to call home.

(I've also been working while poking about, really. *Cough*)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Depends on what you mean by 'kind'. Dice vs emotes? Enjoy both. Sweeping plot arcs against random Cantina meetings and lengthy chats? Again, both! I'm open to RP in pretty much any form that works and can be enjoyable.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Originally, I'd have gone with Tauren as a race. In fact, I still have this huge, Tauren-sized soft spot for them as a whole! However, TBC introduced the Draenei and Blood Elves as playable races, and suddenly I found my attention being torn between these two new races! I adore the looks, the lore, the racial traits, of both races (I can be shallow at times, so I'll admit that it was the look of both races that initially grabbed my eye. Ahem.) If pushed, I'd side with the Draenei, though.

Favourite class? Once upon a time, I'd have sided with the melee based classes, being drawn to the image of the glorious, armour-clad warriors and knights. Then I realised that I'd have to actually -play- as a tank-type if I wanted to get anywhere, and so I learned the hard way that I rather sucked at such a thing. Priests, however... fun to play, lots of room to explore and grow, and always useful to have around!

I won't lie, I believe they also have the best looking outfits, ever. *Sigh*

What are your expectations of this server?:

My expectations of a roleplay server? I'd hope to find some top-notch characters to interact with, who are both literate, and talented. This selection/filtering process seems to be quite thorough, too. Thumbs up!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The faction NPC deaths (This) got a small cheer from me. Enforcement of actions having consequences! Yay!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

((Eep! Pressure!))

Overall, it was proving to be a pretty miserable experience. Ordinarily, Hallahn loved the rain, and found standing out in it to be one of the most cleansing experiences imaginable. When, however, it was coming down so heavily you couldn't see more than, say, ten feet ahead, and the only sound was the deafening roar of torrential rain pounding on leaves, it turns out that rain can be not only quite annoying, but quite the disadvantage, too.

Having hooves and trekking through the mud was also something of a hassle, too. Not as bad as his Orcish companions and all the metal they carried as armour, but still awkward! Not that you'd catch him complaining out loud. Or, at least, not at anything louder than a low grumble. Thankfully, the roar of the rain drowned out even his 'low grumble' that sounded more like the growling of a dozen angry mastiffs. 'Quiet' wasn't in Hallahn's vocabulary, no matter how hard he struggled for it.

The roar of the rain also drowned out the squat shape of the three Dwarves moving, despite their squat, block shapes, with impressive dexterity along behind, rifles sheltered under cloaks to protect them from the accursed downpour that was making keeping up with their quarry a nightmare.

That rain, with all the ferocity of a roaring waterfall, also made it much easier for the lone Troll, daggers drawn and hunched low by a tree that would take a good few dozen paces or so to move around completely, to bear down upon those three clueless little stonehumpers.

No-one hunts Mezilkree's friends.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope, all good here!
Welcome Hallahn!

If you haven't done so yet, please head on over to the Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and maybe even read a few of the approved character profiles while you're there!

If you have any questions, do no hesistate to ask them on the forums or simply send a PM to me, other forum helpers or the GM team!

I hope you will enjoy your time here on the server!