Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Enter: Marrok
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Thinking back as far as I can, I remember a little bit of my brothers playing Adams Family on the NES, I must've been 3 years old. Around the tender age of five I started playing with stick-swords and Super Mario World for the SNES. From then on it was every new console release until about 16, then I started buying my own shtuff.
My mom got me and my siblings the new consoles as we lived in the 'hood and it was usually dangerous to play outside. Thankfully I got to stretch my wings in school sports and the gym.
Fast forwarding, I first discovered online roleplay (I played many JRPGs before this) in the halls of Yahoo Chat. I was probably about 13. I'm not even sure how I ended up in all these RP chat rooms called "Taverns" or "Labrynths" but it was a heck of a grand time (This was a time before trolls or idiots started infecting the rooms and driving good RPers away). I learned the T1,T2 typing systems for text based combat, I prefere T2 as it was speed based typing, only a few lines for an attack, dodge, counter, defend. It was nuts, me and my friends started holding our own chatrooms when the RP rooms went down. We recruited people by asking them to fill out Yahoo profiles and we would go over them first. Sadly, the yahoo thing faded and I kicked RP (well being IC atleast) for sometime until I discovered my first MMORPG...Final Fantasy XI. Please forgive, I had no clue what a good MMO was supposed to be, so I loved FFXI for what it was. I remember starting out and seeing another player-character running about for the first time, my jaw dropped. I ran up to him bugging him (a Taru taru :3 ) thankfully he was helpful and ironically he was in an RP linkshell. So here I made my home for a few years. Moved onto Lineage 2, found little RP, but it was solid as the PVP system made RP insane. Mostly PVP-RP. I love PvP also, along with FPS games, and fighters such as Tekken and Street Fighter. After I got sick of grinding in Lineage 2 I tried WoW which my older bro was playing. I loved the flexability of the characters and the fact that I could jump was SO SICK! My first character was a Dwarf Hunter and I took that bugger to 60. I have been RPing on and off since then.
What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I am from the rolling plains of North Dakota, USA. My primary language is English but I know a bit of Lakota/French as that is my blood.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft III, I was looking for a simple RTS to play so I tried Warcraft and I loved the lore, cast, and artstyle. Watching Arthas go insane was probably the best. Thrall's campaign is also sick as he is trying to lead his people and I recognize the pride and savagery in the whole of him.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): Some dirty forum, some guy was talking about Prologue and Conquest of the Horde so I came here to check it out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Adventure RP, a group of diverse classes doing a dungeon or questing in character. It's pretty traditional but it's like you and your friends are writing a Fantasy novel together. Second would be PVP RP, It's difficult lately to find because most RPers don't like PvP. I long for a type of RP like Lineage 2 where you're a level 14 grinding rabbits or coyotes and some lvl 50 full set demi god steamrolls you because your RP guild are rivals with his RP guild. What was great about Lineage 2 is that anyone can attack anyone outside city gates, and they can scream at eachother while doing so, IC or not.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For WoW? Hmm. I'm torn between Orcs and Blood Elves,
Orcs because the story of Thrall and how he escaped and shaped his people into a powerful empire. I connect with the Blood Elves, I know what it's like to have a vice that's tough to shake. As far as classes go, Ranged DPS such as the Hunter is my favorite. Druids are also cool, I like the talent tree and the ability to shapeshift is too sick. I'm concidering rolling a tribal-like skinwalker Druid.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That would be that if and when I log in, I to see a sprawling RP community with friendly, literate players. All having a blast with spinning stories and laughter. To me, this is an ideal escape from a tough day at work.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
This extensive introduction that I'm completing now, a great way to weed out the trolls and such.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A beast of a figure can scarcely be seen trudging through the thick sheet of the blizzard that is layed out before you. His shoulders and head sway side to side as the weight of his massive pauldrons pull him as he walks. Winds gust slightly harder as he begins a rough treck up a steep hill. Just before this, he turns his head back and sniffs the air, he sneezes and a cloud of snow shakes off from his bristley, orc beard. This stoic figure goes by the name of Marrok, he calls out to the empty blank of snow behind him in some orcish term. He pauses. minutes later a mid-sized brown bear comes bumbling through the snow after him, stopping at his waist. The companions begin the hike, "Rakka, did you find any sign yet?" "Herrrmraghh.." The bear dejects.. "That blasted Elf, as soon as I find him."

Blood spatters the blanket of snow on the ground, slightly. Coming from a wound under Marrok's chainmail vest. You see, Marrok was knocked off his wolf by a flying throwing axe sent from an enemy night elf from about 20 yards, obviously apart of the Alliance. He assumed he was traveling in the same area, or some other wicked agenda. The frozen waste of Dragonblight. Marrok's mount was immediately slaughtered as he was getting up off the ground. The elf had to have been a rogue as he lunged at Marrok with daggers in hand, but is countered by Rakka, the bear leaps and plows through the elf as marrok quickly jumps to his feet and draws his spear. He charges it straight into the elf's heart as he is held down by the jaws of Rakka. Marrok shakes his spear loose. Proud of his victory, he senses something quick, looks up. It's too late- a throwing knife sticks him in the leg. Dropping him once again, he scarcely sees another pointy-eared figure in the distance, but he dashes away into the white haze, heading northwest. Marrok will aid his own wounds and track this other tree hugger, he will avenge his wolf. (To be continued)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome Marrok!

If you haven't done so yet, please head on over to the Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and maybe even read a few of the approved character profiles while you're there!

If you do happen to think of any questions, do no hesistate to ask them on the forums or simply send a PM to me, other forum helpers or the GM team!

I hope you will enjoy your time here on the server!

(09-07-2011, 05:41 PM)Marrok Wrote: [ -> ]Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
This extensive introduction that I'm completing now, a great way to weed out the trolls and such.

Sadly, some are still present.

Otherwise, welcome! I liked the read and hope to meet you soon enough.
Eexxiiittt Liiight.

Ennteeeer Maarrok!

*Headbangs (to poor rhyming, apparently)*

Welcome to the server.
(09-08-2011, 02:10 AM)Kirabo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2011, 05:41 PM)Marrok Wrote: [ -> ]Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Sadly, some are still present.

Otherwise, welcome! I liked the read and hope to meet you soon enough.

Don't sound so depressed that I am still here! QQ.

On another note, welcome and enjoy your stay.