Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Askanti's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well first of all, I'm pretty laid back and realistic. I have a fairly open personality, some people find it enjoyable to be around... others hate me for it, but I try to please everyone. I enjoy being super helpful, although it seems like I'm the one in need of help getting this approved, hehe.
I've been roleplaying for, what I'm guessing is somewhere close to nine years now. I started when I was really young. Me and my dad used to play Dungeons and Dragons (tabletop) all the time together with a few of his buddies. Granted, they went easy on me because I was only nine.
Following that, I began getting into writing, but not the boring writing like essays or even books. I developed a weird way of writing, but it works for me. So now I write stories about everything from Warcraft to Sci-Fi.
As far as my roleplaying style goes, I'm open to just about any themes/settings, but I'm not so good at roleplaying battles or duels or wars, basically anything like that. I mainly suck at battles because I never know whats too much, whats not enough, I need a little bit of help in this area.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in the United States, but I grew up in France. I was raised in an English speaking household, going to a French school.. I was pretty horrible in both languages at that point. So my father and I moved back to the States when I was still young, about five or six-ish. I have completely forgotten how to speak French and I now only speak English, but it isn't as strong as it should be.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well. I started playing Warcraft II at my friends house, and I enjoyed it a LOT. I was terrible at it but whatever, so I told him I would buy it and play it with him, luckily he stopped me and told me I should wait for Warcraft III to come out. Skipping into the future... The release of World of Warcraft!! I was all over this game.
I played World of Warcraft up until about... mid-way through Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm looked too ridiculous, fun, but not something I wanted to keep paying for. So I returned to playing Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, I found an awesome roleplaying clan, met some amazing friends, entered into a pretty large community (for an outdated game.)

I actually used to play on this server. I don't remember my account (the name, not password) so I made a new one, thus I need a new intro!!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
My friend on Warcraft III mentioned he was roleplaying on "CotH" which immediately made me exclaim "CONQUEST OF THE HORDE???!!"
Now here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I will roleplay almost anything (I don't do any of that pervy stuff). But as I said before, I'm not too good at roleplaying fights.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favorite race, class combination huh... I guess I don't really have one. Since there's so many amazing backstories that can be created for them all!! To have a favorite would be like picking a favorite type of chocolate (for me).

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be as awesome as when I left. And have new faces to meet (well I guess one is me, but yeeaah.)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. Spending your time on Warcraft III can be fun, but there are times when the maturity levels are... Well there is no maturity, the other day it got so bad in my clan's channel that I had to leave, I just couldn't put up with it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Mind if I use a character sheet I recently made? (recently being within three days of now.) It has a story kind of built into it.

Name: LiNeer Torlyl
Class/Proffesion: Assassin

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Family: She has a Mother, a Brother, her Father is dead. Nobody knows the location of her Mother or Brother, and she will never reveal their location.

Family Backstory: LiNeer was born into a middle class family. Her Father was a Dark Elf, as was her Mother. She had a younger brother. LiNeer's Father was a Royal Assassin, for a King long lost to time, her Father taught LiNeer the code of the Royal Assassin's. Every day LiNeer and her Father would train until blisters would form on LiNeer's delicate hands. And every night she would practice discipline and stealth, remaining seated on a piece of wood that lie rested atop a bed of pebbles, if LiNeer moved in the slightest it sounded like the pebbles made a loud roar the cut through the silence. She would be scolded for failing then ordered to start over, being even more drained, until finally she got it right and was permitted to go to her room to sleep. But LiNeer has to sneak past her father, without ever using offense as a means to get past him. This she also failed at, many times. As the years progressed LiNeer grew better and better, swiftly finishing her training with ease. Her father finally decided she was ready to serve the King. She was sent on a mission to assassinate a target, as a test of her abilities, the target was warned of a coming assassin...(Finishes in the Bio.)

Biography: She traveled by day, and slept by night. Strange for a Dark Elf... The target was informed of her coming, not only was he prepared, but he was looking for her. She arrived at the city her target was living in, the tall roof to roof buildings making for easy traveling from one side of the city to the other. But she wasn't ready yet. LiNeer observed her target by day, because he was informed it was a Dark Elf he was more alert at night. Covering his house in wall to wall candlelight. But during the day he was carefree and easy to observe. LiNeer watched him for two weeks. Taking careful note as to what he disliked and what compelled him. She spent the following day collecting what she needed...

After gathering all she needed, LiNeer spent the next week, harassing and haunting the man. Drugging him and appearing in his nightmares, giving him hallucinogens and lurking in the darkest shadows of his house, only to vanish under careful, fear ridden inspection. The man was terrified, he was even more alert than ever. Carrying a blade on him at all times, and a dagger under him pillow. LiNeer saw this. She replaced the dagger under his pillow with a pouch of two gold coins, as a mockery to an ancient tall tale of a mythical being that snuck into your house at night and extracted your teeth from under your pillow, mostly believed in by children. The man would awake sweating and gasping for breath some nights. Nights that LiNeer had done nothing to him. Her plan was falling into place. She let the man torture himself.

Another week had passed, LiNeer was well rested. Her target had been without sleep for four nights. She had already dragged on this kill for far too long. This should have been done within the second week, but she was amusing herself with this kill.
In the month she had been gone, she had met several members from a local assassin's guild. Before she killed her target she thought of a brilliant idea... LiNeer asked the guild if they had any targets that were up for kill. The guild informed her of all the people they were hired to kill, she located all the targets and found a man that had a similar body structure to her target. She killed him with no problem, leaving no trace of her entering or them leaving...
This was the final night, her target had passed out after dinner due to her drugging him. She snuck into the house with the corpse of the man she killed. She carried her target up stairs and placed him into bed. LiNeer hung the corpse in the doorway and left the room. As per every night, he awoke to visions of LiNeer in the shadows, reaching out with bony hands that grabbed him and pulled him back into the growing darkness, back into those amber eyes. Screaming. Pain. Suffering. Agony. Despair. This all he felt as his being was consumed by hate and insanity. He sprung up out of bed and looked to the corner, nobody was there... He was vastly relieved, he crawled back into bed and looked around the room. He noticed something odd that seemed to be outside his room. So he lit a latern by his bed.
Shatter.
The sound resonated through the room, it fell silent, dead silent. The light faded from the room, but the silhouette of the corpse remained in the doorway. The man was scared. He dared not get out of his bed now. His bed, yes. The only place he was safe now, there was nothing but death outside, the corpse explained that clearly enough.

“Hello. I've come to kill you. Are you prepared to die.” LiNeer did not state is as a question, she said it to intimidate the man. He slowly turned his head twards her. His eyes wide and full of fear, she looked into his eyes with hers. The burning color of her amber eyes. He would never forget them, her would carry with him the memory of her eyes, the last thing he saw. The last thing he saw, the last memory he had. He looked death in the eyes, and he slowly lay back down. The man had died right there.
Was it because this girl was really death?
Could she really control who dies?
When?
Where?
How?

No. Nobody can...
She was no god.
She was no godess.
She did not even posses the power to use simple magics.
No. She did not.
LiNeer possessed cunning and patience.

The hallucinogens she gave the man. She was slowly poisoning him, a poison so subtle, and so effective, it could only be triggered by a massive rush of adrenaline. This she accomplished with fear... The poison triggered within him, after he awoke from the nightmare. His heart rate increased. As soon as he saw the corpse, the poison took it's hold. As soon as he saw her... As soon as he saw LiNeer and looked into her eyes, he had died. She killed the mad without slaughtering him. She killed him without touching him.

LiNeer returned to the King and her Father. She told them exact details as to what she had done. She was heavily scolded, and denied the right to ever become a Royal Assassin. Her methods were timely and ineffective. In a flurry of rage and anger, LiNeer left her homeland, in a form of self-banishment. She has wandered from city to city, town to town. Looking for whatever mercenary work she could find. And now LiNeer finds herself in alignment with the Darkmyst Marauders working for them in some battle for resources. But work is work, and she will see it done to the end.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would like to state that I wrote this story after a kind of dream I had. I dunno, the way I dream is I pretty much just make up movies and watch them in my sleep. I guess that's the best way to say it.
Anyways, I had a dream and I woke up and wrote this. I think it was at about 3:00am - 5:00am, and this is the un-edited version. So I know there's a couple typos and such.
But otherwise, thanks for taking the time to read all of this madness.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Askanti!Hug

I must say, sounds like an interesting story. Sadly, I don't have any idea what that's based off of; but it sounds very fantasy-like!:D

If you still have more pressing questions:
  • Please feel free to Private-Message(PM) me or any staff for answers.
  • Ask the players in-game; many are very much willing to help! ^.^
  • Pay our wiki a visit. The CotH-Wiki is a host of much information.
Beyond this, please be sure to read the rules and policies.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!