Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, hey, I'm TheHat :P Well. It's a good friends' name. But, he gave me his holy Dutch long hat, so I guess this makes ME the hat. Or the Grey...erm, Orange Fox, for you Oblivion lovers. MOVING ON...

Okay well I'm a college-aged person, a roleplay lover in search of something a bit different from what I get, and with too much time to try the RL thing. Plus, I like World of Warcraft, well the lore and all that. As a player then...I don't know what you exactly mean. I'm nice and sort of cheesy by times. And cuddly. Well not too much actually. Don't know, I'm someone looking for fun? ^^

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Let's say I'm living in France right now, and French is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft I! I loved the lore ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): Google...Yes, google. I looked for private servers and Conquest of the Horde appealed to me the most.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Pretty much a lot. I tend to like heavily detailed roleplay, usually calm kinds, but I also enjoy faster-paced stories and well pretty much anything with emotion and romance and family stories, as much as adventure and petty struggles and great wars. I pretty much like large-scale events as much as small one-on-one roleplaying. I like everything that develops my character, but then again, chitchatting on a house' porch with some passerby is welcomed too. So long it doesn't push my limits, or just sounds utterly stupid I'm fine with it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Humans and Orcs are my faves. I mean, they're the original races after all. Then again, I pretty much like the Tauren culture, and all the lore with the Sin'dorei and High Elves too. As for the class, seriously, I don't really care. I'd go for Warrior since it's prone to commoner RP, or Mage in all its variants (like Runemaster ^^), or maybe Paladin. In OOC terms, I like the Druid the best, but in roleplay it's one of the few classes I couldn't master. One I don't get at all, you know.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have fun? I don't have high high expectations and honestly I don't have any idea what it could be like, but it sounds like good roleplay and great fun. I REALLY expect not to be deathmatched at every street corner, though. I've been in GTA roleplay servers. It leaves scars. XD (One reason I'm so tempted to come here is that they're all going downhill, by the way.)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
EEEEH. No sex before marriage or you'll go to hell---wait I'm being goofy. I guess the no metaaming rule and all the stuff about leaving the spotlight to other characters and being humble is a plus. :)

By the way, I hope there's nothing worse than hell, because that's where I'm going. :/

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"A story you want" the woman sits quietly on her old, wooden chair. I'll be telling you a story, friend. A story that happened to me." Her tone was rather grumpy, and as if torn with lassitude. She discards her cigarette into an iron receptacle - an ashtray - and glances in the other's eyes.

"It was during the war a dozen years ago." she nods just as quietly, narrating her little tale. The war that opposed the two provinces that made up the former Kingdom of Stormwind after its eventual domination over the Horde. A war that was supposed to unify the people of Kalimdor and Azeroth, yet again. But war...war never changes.

"I was a trooper, young lad." The middle-aged woman smiles and crosses her legs. In her house everything exhales quietude and warmth; the lights, the window opened on a quiet Stormwind backstreet, all the little clutter disposed around the house with a certain attention. Contrasting with her narration, most likely. "Yeah, I know what you're thinking. These women, ain't they good at something else than cooking. It's sad Stormwind has come to such a mindset.."

She coughs and straightens up in the cracking chair. "When the lands of Stromgarde and Lordaeron were taken back from the vile Forsaken, you know, and all of Northern Azeroth fought with us." She makes a pause and sighs. "I don't regrest it, really. There was that mission, at the end of the war...I had to kill off an enemy soldier. So I waited and ambushed her. Story of my life."

She looks back, and after a long pause continues. "I had one of the best bows you could find. Archer's Revenge, they were given free of charge by Grizzle Squeakyclaw, a quite tall gnome, well relatively tall..And the arrows, a real delight, I tell you. They could shine in the sun and mark your enemy. Practical, y'know? I wished I didn't mark this one, though."

Her face becomes tense, almost cold. Her sight now looms voidly on the ground. But she keeps on speaking. "At eight o'clock, she crossed the bridge. Sort of no man's land. It was before General Proodmore was beaten, and Stormwind took her lands back. And so she walked, boldly, with her sword. She was advancing warily. Poor lass, did she know?" Another worn-out cough strikes her, but she seems to shrug it off.

"So I began drawing my bow, well hidden on my roof. Did I not mention! I was on a roof. In front of Cathedral District. Oh, well. Does it matter, ya? She was walking in her shining armor. Well, glittering. She had cleaned it. She had chosen a sunny and fair day to die..But it was routine to me! I drew the bow with the arrow in place, took a careful aim..breathed slightly..closed my eyes and snapped the arrow off. There was a wizzing noise. Then I heard snapping flesh. And then, the soft noise of another body collapsing on itself."

Her voice takes a turn for the saddest. "But then..Oh! How do I regrest this decision. But then, I was thrilled. She must have been important. So I thought, who did I strike down? It was all silent. Silence ultimate. You'd think, most people fled the city, y'know. I sheathed the bow and quiver on my back, and carefully, I clamb down the ladder, down the roof, down the building, and leaped on the ground. There seemed to be no one. I wished there were someone, you see.." another cough stops her short. "Seeing everything clear, I made a run for it. I rolled by the bleeding body. It had stepped back, and it - she - had held on the bridge's railing, over the canal."

She sighed. "She seemed still and quiet, from the back. I didn't see her face just yet. She seemed to grip herself on the railing, like that." With her hands she seems to mimick the posture of her infortunate victim. "I held back, out of respect. What if it was a former mate of mine? I've had many friends, before that damned war! Many were serving in the army, together. Maybe a sister in arms, who knows?" She nods and ponders silently for a second or two, then continues on.

"But doubt and curiosity were getting to me. And, y'know, in the clear like that, it was likely that some enemy sniper was targeting me. Or some ally mistaking me. It was too dangerous, it was the no man's land!" She exhults, but gets back to her somber mood quite prestly. She puts her hands together, and broodingly, speaks on.

"So, I held her heavy body, from the waist. Awkward, yes. But I wanted to know who it was I killed. There might be a badge or something, I thought. I carefully plucked the arrow, in her chest, out. Then I rolled her on the ground, on her back. She was beautiful. Her chest had exploded. It had been a perfect hit. Poor lass didn't stand a chance."

She sighed again, then coughed for a while. With tears in her eyes, she looks back to the other. "You want to know what happened next?" Another pause follows. She's certainly being struck by the emotions of the moment. It was certainly not a simple kill she scored, certainly not. She glances at the other person again, and finally utters..

"I didn't need a badge to identify her. I rose my head, and it's when I gazed in my long-gone, and now-dead sister's face."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really. Well, I don't think so, at least. :] Thanks for reading I guess!
Hello there TheHat, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

I don't think I've approved a hat before. Mm. Let's see.
As long as you don't get ahead of yourself, you should be alright.
This introduction is in top shape, I might add. Do you think I ought to cap the puns?

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
... Delta you're terrible.

Welcome to the server, mister hat!
Heya,

Thanks for the quick reply. I hoped for a day, maybe two, but not a few hours. I tip my hat to you...well, tipping myself, more accurately. =) I shall read the wiki, it sounds pretty huge @.@ and pretty fun too.
Been around here for about two months now, and I guarantee that you'll be at home at once! Remember to not be afraid of asking questions, people are extremely helpful around here! Thumbs up