Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: SirBlingALot's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
First off, I'm pretty darn amazing. No I'm not, I'm only human.
I've been roleplaying for a loooong time. (Ten years-ish), spanning from multiple worlds, self-created or pre-established ones. I'm also English, which I assume gets me something special. Everyone likes English people.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm English. I speak english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into it with Warcraft II. Compared to most PC games around at the time, it actually tried to have a story to it, and after getting my head around a story being inside a video game, I kind of became hooked on plot-based gaming for life. Warcraft gave me a gift.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I played on a social Pserver (where I built custom maps with in-game models/houses. Fun stuff) which had some Epilogue players. They mentioned here in conversation, so I thought I'd check it out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Any kind in which something actually happens. I may miss out on a lot, but I despise tavern or 'hub' RP. I much prefer actually exploring the world In-Character over other types of RP. Travelling aimlessly CAN be fun if you put down the beer mug.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Suppose this would be the Gilnean Humans. They haven't had much development when compared to other races in the lore, but considering the amount of warps and twists that happen to the mortal race societies throughout the history of Azeroth. The Gilnean's, even with the worgen curse, remain true to themselves and their noble/class based hierarchies. They're resolute, know where they stand, and do just about anything to protect it.

I... Never really had a favourite class. So I'm going to just name my least favourite - Warlock. Not because it's 'evil', not because it uses demonic magic or causes a lot of the worlds problems. I just do not understand why it was given to players to use, from a lore point of view. Neither faction accept them or their help, and whenever they are revealed, they are killed or arrested. Even if your intentions are good - you're just another bad guy. Horde or Alliance.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That I won't get ganked.

On a serious not, it'll be me being able to enjoy the pleasure of working my way into a community. I like the amount of rules here, I'll expect to have fun making friends within them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Resurrection Drawbacks - I like the idea that dying means something. Without some sort of loss from death - what is the point of being mortal?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Hope you don't mind if I use an excerpt from my last NaNoWriMo. (look it up!) It's a brief scene that introduces Vaughn White's (the protagonist) neighbour, the young, spirited Flower.
Spoiler:
The feeling of a passerby bumping into my shoulder knocked me from my state of recall. I hastily apologised with a nervous smile before I realise that the poor soul whom I had disturbed was much smaller than I was.
I met the eyes of a little girl, looking no older than nine years old with curly, blonde locks which reached down to her shoulders. She wore a golden-yellow dress, rather extravagant in its frilly details.
Her eyes were filled with the wonders of innocence and she curtsied to me the moment our eyes met.
“I am ever so sorry, Mr. White.” She apologised, causing a bright smile to cross my face. Leaning over, I placed my hands onto my knees and gave her a reassuring wink.
“You have nothing to apologise for, Flower.” I chimed, reaching out to pat her on the shoulder, being careful not to known the small wicker basket she carried. “I was being careless and having a daydream is all.”
“That is very silly of you, Mr. White, what if you fell over?”
“Then I’d have grazed knees, and that is not very nice, I assure you.” I gave a small laugh and stood up straight again. “How is your mother?”
“She is well and healthy.” She chimed, much happier now that the formalities were out of the way. “Mother let me outside to play if I were to purchase some bread for her.” She motioned to the basket, which indeed had a small loaf nestled inside its brown, wiry grip.
“Oh, and are you returning to her now?”
“Yes, sir, although I received a little more change than I assumed that I would.” She revealed a few coins in her hand that was not carrying a basket before closing it again. A wise move; you never know when there are thieves about.
“What do you think I should do with the money, sir?”
If she had been born a boy, then she would have most likely had spent the remaining money on a few sweets. At least that is what I would have done. Her pure of heart nature was something to marvel at, and I hoped that I would be able to see this side of her flourish as she grew older.
“I haven’t the faintest, child. Although, I would think your mother would appreciate some flowers.” I suggested. I had only had a few in-depth conversations with the women, and I had plucked from these exchanges that she was a keen gardener.
Flower looked surprised by the suggestion, causing me to cock my head to the side in intrigue.
“Did I say something wrong?”
“Why would Mother need more Flowers? She has me.”
It took me a while to realise what she meant. When I did, I couldn’t help but laugh heartily.
“I meant the ones you grow, Flower. Like a rose or a tulip; your mother likes those.”
“She does like those, sir.” She agreed with me, nodding her head enthusiastically. “I’ll get her some from the flower lady! Her cart is just down the lane!” She began to sprint off in the opposite direction. “See you later, Mr. White!”
With a cheery smile I waved as she disappeared between the legs of the many commuters whom had begun to flood the streets.
The streets steadily became busier and busier, with housewives and nannies collecting the groceries and husbands walking themselves to work. The mixture of bonnets and tops hats slowly formed together, moving against or with one another, and created what I like to think of as a collage in motion; a collage which lacks most of life’s colour palette.
I tried to recall what it was I was thinking about; to no avail. With that, I turned on the cobblestone road, and went on my way.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I like turtles, and I shine my armour everyday so it's as bling bling as bling can be!
Hello there SirBlingALot, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

[Everyone likes English people.]

Yes!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.