Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introductions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

There is nothing more to me then getting together with a bunch of other people and enjoying a fun time of roleplaying and gaming. In my opinion I believe myself a decent human being and a nice guy. I am current serving in the armed forces so my gaming time might be cut at times but for the most part I have plenty to do the things I love the most. Ummm... I think that about covers it, yup yup!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

United States and English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Oh I started Warcraft since the 3rd game the RTS version of the game. I bought the vanilla World of Warcraft game and stopped playing around the Lich King expansion as there was a lack of good roleplay.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I been playing Neverwinter Nights for quite some time and have been playing with Torches. Torches just recently turned me over to check this place out for a good time and some roleplay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all kinds, I am a fan of them all so to speak. Though while fighting and all that is a fun time it is the backstories and friendships formed that I enjoy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Now that is a good question, I don't think I have a favorite race, my most disliked race to play is Trolls, I dunno why I just don't like playing them. As for class it would either have to be warrior, hunter or mage.

What are your expectations of this server?:

From what Torches has told me the playerbase is incredibly nice here and that is great news to my ears. I also heard the roleplay is top notch which again is what I want to hear coming into the server. I would hope to make some good friends here and have a general overall good experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

"Keep things in a roughly PG-13 rating here. The forums count as a "public channel" for all rules regarding what content is and is not allowed." I like this one, for I am not really one for the more "mature" roleplay, I am not one to judge but I think that time can be put more towards engaging others in a story then doing those acts. I do understand that when people it close it happens but I don't think you need to go into details in that department.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

((A quick foreword this is a story I was writing while playing NWN, it is based on a halfling shadowdancer that isn't so good with common or basic language and her little journey to fight some of her inner fears and demons, I hope you all enjoy))

It started off like all the other dreams in a desolate snow plain, darkness stretching on for miles, Rina had almost gotten used to this from her countless visits here, though still she shook with terror as she could feel the fear inside her like a lead brick in her stomach. She knew that soon the Shadow Man would show up to teach her more about the art of shadow dancing, the ability to bend the shadows so that she can help those that have helped her in her short past in the house. The Shadow Man, as Rina calls him, came to her long before this with an offer to teach her, however with her many fears her progress was slow, but it was still progress. It was because of this that the Shadow Man didn't want to give up on his student without at least giving her one last chance, and so stepping out from the endless blanket of darkness he approached the little hinette and with a soft voice he spoke, "You have grown, Rina, with what I have taught you, but I cannot teach you any more."

This didn't come as a shock to Rina, for she knew her faults all too well and with a shaky voice filled with fear she asked him in her hinnish tongue, "Wh-Why Mister Shadow Man, I... I have done all that you told me!"

The Shadow Man nodded his head idly, no emotion showing under the swirling shadows that encased his body and continued with his soft, almost emotionless tone, "Yes you have, but you are holding herself back, and you know this.. I cannot teach someone with so many fears." With a wave of a hand the darkness around Rina swirled and everything went dark, she was terrified as her mind spun with nervousness, for she knew what would happen...

When she could see again, she was in a fancy room with an older woman in front of her, flanked by two menacing guards, when she looked down at herself she was in the rags she had worn during her time as a slave in the mansion. It was then that she knew where she was, she was back in front of "The Mean Lady" and she knew what would happen next. The woman on the throne lifted a finger and pointed at Rina, shouting jibberish at her. The guard to Rina's right slowly made his way to Rina and lifted her by her ponytail, dragging her closer to the woman who had been the source of her childhood hell. Forced on her knees, the woman continued to speak jibberish, Rina frantically trying to understand what she was saying. When Rina looked back she saw nothing but that same endless darkness that surrounded the Shadow Man's home. As her attention was on the darkness the guard grabbed her violently by the throat, nearly cutting off her air supply and dragged her towards the darkness. Rina futilely shouting in hinnish for it to stop, and then once more darkness swirled around her, making her stomach tie itself in a knot.

Then before she knew it she was in a small circular room, thrown in by the same guard, when she turned to look the first thing her eyes caught was the dreadful weapon that to this day brings an animistic fear to her. The guard raised the nightmarish whip and brought down repeatedly, lighting Rina's skin ablaze with pain, she looked around pleading pitifully for the Shadow Man to stop. She saw that same endless black behind the guard and knew that was the way to safety, and yet her fear weighed her limbs down and with one final crack of the whip, Rina's vision went black.

She woke once more, this time in a forest of darkness, except in her panic Rina saw a bright light and warmness glowed in her stomach as she neared it, knowing that the exit was right there, just before reaching the heavenly light source Rina heard a bloodcurtling scream behind her. She quickly turned her body and looked useless into the endless darkness and then from the dreadful blanket Scylia's voice rang out, along with the moans of the undead, "N-No! Please help!"

She was faced with a choice, she could go into the light, for Rina knew this was only a dream, but hearing Scylia scream, it was so real that she wanted to help her, even if it meant going into that which scared her so much. She took a deep breath, she had to calm down, and so she started to hum a small tune, it was the lullaby her mother used to hum to her whenever she was frightened or hurt. Her mind relaxed and then while shutting her eyes closed Rina bolted into the darkness, leaving the safety of the light behind. In the darkness she could not find Scylia nor was there any undead, in fact as she looked around a sense of pride came over her as she had just conquered her fear of the dark, the one block keeping her from learning the skills needed to help her friends and her new adoptive mother.

After a few moments the darkness swirled once more and was welcomed by the familiar, shadowy face of the Shadow Man. Rina thought he looked pleased at her and as he gazed down at her he said, "I had my doubts, you failed the first two tests, but the last test... it showed you are sincere in your wish to help you friends, and my question to you, Rina, is, will you throw this petty fear away and bend the shadows to your will?"

Rina puffed out her chest proudly, a new found confidence brewing in her small body as she told the Shadow Man, "I will tr- ...No.... I will do it, yup yup!" With that the Shadow man raised his hand and nodded his head, "Time for you to return to your real world."

Waking up in a familiar bed she looked around the room and nodded her head quickly, giggling with excitement, "Thank you Shadow Man!" She shouted to the empty room. With this block now removed, Rina could truly start to see what being a Shadow Dancer could mean for her, and for her friends.

It had been a long while since the day little Rina had conquered her fear of the dark and allowed her powers over the shadows grow unhindered. But it was far from the final hurdle that she would have to leap in her days in the zombie apocolpyse. With such power one would have to learn control lest they hurt themselves or others and that is presisely what the tutor, known simply as the "Shadow Man", aimed to prevent Rina from doing.

Once again Rina found herself in a realm of crawling darkness, her fear of the place long since gone since her last visit. The only difference this time was the Shadow Man was no where to be found and this caused a cold fear to rise in the bottom of her stomach. She waited for two long, gruelling hours before she started to realize somthing was wrong. She looking around the inky darkness but it all looked the same to her, and yet she felt somewhat compelled to walk forward, her steps small and shuffling but then growing in speed. Rina had no idea where she was or where she was going, but she pressed onward.

It was but a few moments later that Rina heard something faint in the still air of the shadows, a scream. Forgetting all she was doing at that moment she took off in a full sprint towards the desperate sound, drawing closer and closer until she finally caught sight of it. It was Scylia and Maven and they were both lying face down in pools of dark blood. Rina was so shocked all she could do was fall to her knees and stare at the horrific sight.

"Worry not, little one, for this is just a trick of the mind... a lesson if you would."

Rina quickly looked back to see the Shadow Man looming over her and when she glanced back to the bloody bodies they were gone. It was then she asked him in a soft, shaky voice, "But... Rina nu un'nertans.."

"Of course you don't... not yet at least but then that is why I am here Rina." The Shadow Man mused as he pulled the little hin child up to her feet. Rina had no idea what to expect, but she new deep down that there was reason for all of this and Rina would listen and try her best as she has always down in the past. "Now there is something you and I must talk about, and it deals with the abilities I have taught you."

"Iz 'ids Rina dos 'omtinks wron's Mis'ser Sha'ow Mans?" Rina asked, hoping she had not done something to anger her teacher lest of all make him disappointed.

"No Rina in fact you have grown far more than I ever could of imagined," The Shadow Man said warmly, if you could call it that underneath the twisting and swirling shadows around his form, "But you need to learn more control lest you do something to hurt yourself or others with the gift I have given you, and I believe it is time that I passed on yet another of my tricks to you, so that you may have your dream of being able to protect those you care for."

The joy in Rina grew tenfold as she was given the new, she was always looking to help others and the Shadow Man had been training her in the art of the shadows. Her abilities had grown much but still she found herself still quite behind of everyone and wanted nothing more than to keep from becoming a burden on all those she loved. So it was with great pride and joy that Rina accepted the Shadow Man's offer to learn more on the abilities she had all but mastered.

For what seemed like weeks Rina worked endlessly to preform many tasks given by the Shadow Man, some of them were easy like holding her shadow melding ability for a period of time and others were difficult like forming a perfect sphere with the shadows. All of this was meant to teach her greater control and the result were none short of what the Shadow Man expected. At the end of the "weeks" of hard training Rina had accomplished most every task set before her. He was not only impressed but surprised that such a small and innocent creature such as the hin child before him could learn so quickly and work so hard. But then the time came for her final task, to learn a skill that may very well save her life in the days to come.

The Shadow Man made his way over to Rina and knelt down before her, and she gazed up at him, her bright sapphire blue eyes sparkling with hope, and a hint of determination, which was good because he knew she would need it. He placed a shadowy hand on her small, seemingly fragile shoulder and walked with her a while, at first there was silence as he contemplated even suggesting what was on his mind, but then he spoke.

"Rina there is a lot you have accomplished here, and I couldn't be more proud of my student.." He paused and Rina grinned her usual bright, toothy grin, "But this ability I will teach you, I am afraid you do not possess the strength to do this." He looked down at her as Rina looked to the ground, unable to reply at her disappointment that not she would not get the ability but because she thought she had failed in some way and the Shadow Man sensed this. "Listen to me child, this is not your fault, it is time's fault, your strength has grown so quickly over such a short time your powers have not had time to develop and evolve as they should of, but I can help with that for there is a way to solve this problem, but I hesitate to put you in more danger than is necessary, so I leave the choice with you."

Rina stopped in her tracks at the word 'danger', she knew she was not the bravest in terms of the fact that she couldn't face a fearful situation. Though as her mind race she thought back to the terrifying visage that she saw when she first came here and while she did not know how that would of happened, she knew that she would not take a chance of that happening and her being unable to help in the slightest. With that in mind she looked up and grinned at the Shadow Man, her face filled with an unsure feeling of doubt and nodded her head, "Rina wills dos dis, n' dens wills bes 'elpinks 'eeple, yus yus!"

"Very well..." The Shadow Man said with a little sorrow in his voice, though it was hard to detect. He placed his hands on Rina's head and delved into her mind. This caused a large jolt of pain to surge through Rina causing her to cry out, it was unlike anything she had suffered through before as the minute drew on like days. Tears streaming down her cheeks she begged and pleaded for him to stop as the pain became too unbearable for her small body and just before she could scream again, it was over. The Shadow Man stumbled back a few short steps while Rina held her head with both of her hands and fell to her knees, sobbing and shaking with fear. "It is done Rina, I have taken your powers and used some of my own to force your powers to develop and grow.. I know it was painful but you will never have to go through anything like that again, now I will teach you how to better use your shadows in combat.."

It was then that he showed her how to take a shadow and cloak it over herself, like the skill shadow evade it would make her harder to hit, but unlike that it would last much longer, but was not as powerful. For another few days Rina tried and failed, but pushed forward and was rewarded when a thin cloak of shadows wrapped around her body, making her almsot look like a tiny form of the Shadow Man, causing her to giggle. The Shadow Man was also amused by the child's reaction and then they spent another day practicing to quickly form and take the cloak down. With a final farewell and big hug for the Shadow Man, Rina woke up and even though much time had passed in the shadowy realm only a few days had passed here. Maven was asleep in the chair next to the bed, likely having been here the whole time and Rina got out of bed and quietly made her way to Maven and giving him a kiss on the forehead with a soft "Muah!" she headed out the room and down the stairs. She had once again passed her test and was eager to be able to help everyone in any way she could. Though she was still just a child and a few innocent one at that, the skills she learned would at the very least keep her alive until she was able to help more in that sense.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I really have nothing more to add except I would like to thank you for considering myself for this server, I am rather excited to join this server and see how things are.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Pieman102!Hug
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Pieman102 Wrote:Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

"Keep things in a roughly PG-13 rating here. The forums count as a "public channel" for all rules regarding what content is and is not allowed." I like this one, for I am not really one for the more "mature" roleplay, I am not one to judge but I think that time can be put more towards engaging others in a story then doing those acts. I do understand that when people it close it happens but I don't think you need to go into details in that department.

"Mature" RP is allowed on this server, but we do not allow it in public channels such as "/say" or "/me". It's not prohibited but please know: if you personally don't like that type of RP, then you have every right to abstain yourself from it.:D

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If you still have more pressing questions:
  • Please feel free to Private-Message(PM) me or any staff for answers.
  • Ask the players in-game; many are very much willing to help! ^.^
  • Pay our wiki a visit. The CotH-Wiki is a host of much information.
Beyond this, please be sure to read the rules and policies.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!