Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mysterious WoW Client Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, all.

I may be being paranoid with this one, but when I booted up the client a few minutes ago to get some RP in before bed, it appeared without my username typed in (it usually remembers it) and once I'd typed it in with my pass the client got as far as "Connecting" in the opening dialogue before deciding it wanted to update itself and trying to do so. I cancelled the update for fear that it would patch it or some such reinstall-causing horror.

My question is whether or not this mysterious update should be happening, and if not, how do I get it to stop? My realmlist still leads to CotH (the server the client lists is Conquest of the Horde as well), and I'm booting up from WoW.exe, not Launcher.exe. This isn't a new install, either. It's been running without weirdness for a month now.

Given the recent restart and all, I wouldn't really be surprised if it were meant to happen, but I am wary of having to reinstall, so I wanted to check first.

Thanks in advance!
It shouldn't be happening, really... and I have no idea how a perfectly good WoW Client goes loco all of a sudden... I can only tell you (for now) that it shouldn't happen at all. O.o
So I figured it out. I was typing in my email address (the first part of which is the same as my CotH user name) rather than just my username. As I have a retail account using that email address, and I apparently set the passwords on the two servers to the same thing, I was basically trying to log into retail WoW with my private WoW client without realizing it. It works normally now that I'm typing in the right thing. Derp derp derp.