Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(If this is a double post, I apologize. I went to post, but I don't see it anywhere, so I'm just posting again, in case something went wrong.)

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I'll say that I'm a huge gamer in more ways than one. Big of both video games and tabletop games. I've been playing video games since I was about...five years old, I think. Back when I started playing the original Doom. My main role-playing interest got started about...7 years ago, when I started playing on RP servers on Neverwinter Nights. I love to play just to play the game, and tend to get along with folks, well. I just like to play and have fun. I really hate griefing, as I've had to deal with a ton of it, over the course of my Neverwinter Nights time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Well, not much to say here, really. I am Canadian, and my primary language is English. Yus!

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Well, I never really had the largest interest in Warcraft, overall. I played a bit of the old Warcraft RTS, but that was many many years back. I played WoW for a short bit, when a friend of mine decided to buy me a month subscription. Really not a fan of most MMORPGs, though, as they are primarily just an endless grind of fighting, raiding, pvping, etc. That's the main thing that really put me off WoW, when I played. I did try one of the main RPG servers, but...I didn't expect much, as it was like almost every other MMORPG RP server... No RP at all. :P

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I was actually shown this server by Torches, who's a good friend of mine from a Neverwinter Nights, server. He got me, Faeble, and Pieman102 to come on over and give it a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all types of RP, personally. It's usually based around the in character mood. Could be talking in a tavern or house, could be fighting enemies, could be sparring with each other, etc. I just go with the flow of things, more often than not.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Well, I can't really say I have a favourite race, as I've not played enough to really know. My main, when I played before, was a Tauren, but it's unlikely I'll be playing one, here. I was mainly just thinking of playing a human, or a dwarf at the least.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Overall, I am just hoping I'm getting into a friendly RP environment with a lot of depth. I've had a lot of experience on Neverwinter Nights with a lot of things. I've been on servers were DMs were either minimal, not present at all, or just really power hungry arseholes. I've also had just as much with players who just tend to godmod, metagame, out of character grief, etc. I'd love to just play here and not have to deal with the bad side of roleplaying. ^_^

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Actually, there are two that sit side by side, that appeal to me with the rules. Primarily, Respect and Language use are the two rules that appeal to me. As stated above, I've been through far too many servers where the respect is rather minimal. Mostly in the sense of bullying with high levels, or similar, but also in many other ways. Atop that, I've been on far too many servers where the language just gets far out of control. Like, I'm currently playing on a Star Wars server on Neverwinter Nights, and it just feels like it breaks immersion with having characters who seem like they have Tourette's syndrome.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(This is an older chapter 1 of a book I've been trying to write. It needs modifications, as it gets a little /too/ descriptive about stuff, but still. I like my work in it.)

Thud. The large fist landed hard against his cheek. The pain that followed was sharp, and Aedan swore he heard a cracking sound. Although, it may have just been his imagination.
Aedan was about your average male high school student. He had an average build. Not too skinny and not too overweight, either. He wasn't the most muscular, either. His skin tone was rather light, but at the same time, very soft and healthy. It showed him as one who didn't often go out into the sun, or at least not for extended periods of time. His hair was short and carried a very dark brown hue, to it. So dark, in fact, that most would need a rather keen eye to not mistake it for black. Around his mouth was a full goatee of the same colour as the hair on his head. It was kept very neat, as the area around it, and on his cheeks, showed no signs of even growing any other facial hair. His nose, while slightly upturned, was that of your average male, just like the majority of his appearance. He opened his left eye to reveal his eyes being a rather dark shade of brown. Almost as dark as his hair, in fact. His mouth, while being a little bloody from the punch, was, also, rather average. Nothing really special about it, aside from the fact that, even in this moment, it was curved into a slight smile.
Aedan's clothing also consisted of an average male high school student. He wore a plain black short sleeved t-shirt that fitted perfectly over his torso. On his legs, he wore a pair of, somewhat ragged, blue denim jeans. It looked like he'd had them for quite some time before this as they were pretty worn in. His shoes consisted of black and red skateboarding shoes, however, it wasn't due to him being a skater. Around his neck, he wore a bright silver chain necklace. There were no items on the chain, however.
At this moment, Aedan opened his left eye and made a quick glance at his backpack that laid next to him, then to the large crowd of bystanders. Each of them were your typical high school students. Sitting around the fight and chanting “Fight!”, over and over. His eye passed them, and now rested on the one who had just punched him in the face.
His name was Phillip Grange, but everyone in the school would call him Brick. The title worked very well, seeing as he had a shaved head that had, strangely enough, a very box-like shape to it. Not to mention his very thick head.
Brick stood about six feet and five inches tall. He had a very broad and hulking figure to back up the height, too. His face, unlike the rest of his body, had a very average feel to it. Nothing special about any of his facial features aside from his piercingly green eyes.
He kept a constant sneer about his face, however, at this moment, he carried an amused look that carried a great deal of coldness with it. So much so that it wouldn't be surprising if it caused Hell to freeze over. For some reason, though, much of the girls in the school, found him very attractive.
His clothing was very typical for a school bully such as Brick. He wore a white tank top that seemed to barely even fit over his chest. He wore very baggy, black jeans that the legs, despite his height, constantly dragged on the ground. On his feet, he wore plain white running shoes, that looked incredibly worn in. The leather on them was actually torn in many places.
Aedan examined him a moment as he regained his composure before making a glance behind him where the helpless target of the bully was sitting. This kid was a typical target for a bully such as Brick. He had quite a frail body structure. His arms didn't have much muscle or fat on them at all. The kid was pretty blooded up from his initial beating before Aedan had stepped in to help. He had blood pouring slowly from his nostrils and his lip had a rather large cut on it. He had his left eye closed and his right eye barely open as Brick's first punch had shattered the kid's glasses. He had a few cuts around each of his eyes from the broken glass. It's a wonder that he didn't get any glass into his eyes, at all.
Putting the damage aside, he had rather unkempt, greasy, light brown hair. He was about average height, almost six feet. He had rather small eyes that were of a rather unique shade of blue, by the looks of it. They showed some sadness, but at the same time, carried with them the presence of amazement as he watched the scene unfold in front of him.
He wore a red polo shirt that was quite loose over his small frame. He also wore black denim jeans that, unlike his shirt, fit his frame quite well. Moving a little further down, on his feet, he wore black leather work shoes. By everything with this kid, it was obvious he was the everyday nerd.
Aedan gave the kid a bit of a reassuring grin and looked back at Brick, who was still just standing there, staring at him with that cold and amused look.
“So, you've decided to get in my way again, I see.” Brick said with cold amusement.
“Well, what can I say?” Aedan gave a light chuckle as he spoke in a bit of a mocking tone. “I do enjoy a good beating.”
The bystanders around the scene began to quiet down. Some of them even looking a little disappointed at the lack of a rage filled fight.
Brick's face then seemed to shift to a bit of a more annoyed look at Aedan's comment.
“You piss me off so much, you know that? Always cutting in on my fun, you little bastard.” His tone even showed his change in attitude.
Aedan shrugged lightly at this.
“I don't care if I get my ass kicked. I just know that I'm going into the fight voluntarily, rather than being surprised from behind.” He glanced over at the kid behind him a moment, before looking back at the hulking figure before him. “You must love picking fights with people that are smaller than you. Ever actually fought someone that could fight back?”
At that, Brick's face twisted into that of an animal that has lost control of itself. He pulled back his fist and charged at Aedan.
“Shit!” Aedan reacted pretty quickly at the punch being thrown at him, and narrowly avoided it. Brick stumbled forward a little, but immediately turned around to go into another charge. This time he roared out in frustration. The crowd around them were now completely into the action, back to their chanting.
Aedan bounced on his heels a little as he got ready to avoid the hit again. He figured that if he kept this up, he might have a chance at winning for a change. However, this time, he was taken by surprise.
“What the hell?!” Each of his arms were grabbed from behind by rather strong looking arms. Aedan craned his head back and forth, quickly, but couldn't get a good look at either of them. He gave up on trying to identify them and went to focus his attention back on the charging ram, all the while, struggling to get free of the powerful grip on each of his arms, but to no avail.
Why do I always have to get myself involved in these disputes? He thought to himself. I can never fight back that well, and I always get my ass kicked.
Aedan didn't have much time to think, however, The brute hit home. His fist collided with Aedan's stomach, hard. It was as if someone took a battering ram to his stomach. The pain was incredible, unlike anything he'd felt before. This is the first time that Brick had ever gone for a shot to the stomach. He felt like his stomach was going to explode, it was so painful.
After this, the thugs released him. He had not the strength to continue standing, and fell to the floor pretty hard. He couldn't even think, he was in so much pain. He grabbed his stomach and wriggled around on the floor, in pain. He shut his eyes tightly, and clenched his teeth hard to try and aid himself with the pain that was coursing through his body, now. This was it. He was going to fail in protecting that poor kid. That's all that managed to go through his mind.
Hello there Terallis, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

It's stunning how many people miss the sticky!
But, no harm, no foul. I know Torches, and he told me you were coming (creepy, huh?), so, welcome!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.