Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Like Clockwork.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Who, me? Why, I'm no one in particular.

No, really, I'm not important. I like stories and music and solitude, and that's probably all you'll ever really need to know about me.

Why? Because I'm here to escape by way of writing, by crafting stories, and (forgive the pretentious arrogance when I say this,) by creating literary art.

As I've learned, knowing too much about the artist colours your view of the art, invariably for the worse, as it becomes increasingly difficult to separate the art from the artist. When it is not art for the sake of art, but instead art for the sake of the artist, the art itself becomes weak, an eggshell-thin vessel for the artist's ego.

You don't need to know anything about me because I'm not important.

Just the story. The story is the only thing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
U.S.; English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I fell into the trap during the early days of BC.
I've never told any fellow roleplayers this, but my first server was PvP, on retail. For shame, I know.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
An old friend directed me here.

He'd always used to regale me with stories and tall tales from this server, and I thought why not give it a spin?
He claims the server's not what it used to be, and you could say I'm here to see if he's got the right of it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Small-scale, meaningful, engaging sessions are my favorite. Often one-on-one. You know, the ones that you wouldn't be sore about sacrificing a few hours or even an entire night's sleep to continue.
Genre, you ask? Intrigue (who doesn't like a good puzzle, or a mystery?) and romance (I'm desperately sentimental, but you'd best not tell anyone that) are two favorites.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Humans, for their malleability and versatility. Perhaps I'm biased, though, since I happen to be one.
I've not much of a personal preference with class, though I've always been drawn to spellcasters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect nothing more and nothing less than a haven for roleplayers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. Sometimes it's nice to play an adjacent character, instead of claiming the spotlight as your own.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here's a quick, disjointed and out-of-context excerpt from a small something I'd been writing and hadn't had the heart to finish:

Someone knelt at the pool of her memory, dropping sweet words into the calm, clear surface of her mind. Ripples of consciousness disturbed her, threatened to wake her from her restive reverie. The words floated over her, bobbing and receding on a rippling surface of pain, and became drowned beneath the dark sea in which she floundered. But the voice lingered.
   She knew not how long she had been adrift. When she rose to the surface, she could nearly make out the words that the voice spoke. But the pain was worse closest to the surface. She let herself sink back into the darkness, and there was some part of her that whispered she should cease struggling and give herself to the enveloping darkness of the waters.
   She might have done so, but for the voice. The words' melody was an anchor, a hand to grasp, a light at the tunnel's end. With every fiber of her being she clung to the anchor of that sound, exerted every ounce of her willpower to avoid losing that saving grip. She would not let loose. Let go, and she would fall into the void to drift until darkness consumed her.
   She did not drown, but floundered in the dark ocean, clinging fast to that voice with strength lent by fear. Finally, she made her way to the shore, pulled herself out of the pain and collapsed onto the banks of consciousness.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope.
Hello there Chrono, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Whether or not the server is or is not what it used to be, is that not something which would evade you for the most part?
Even I, who has been here for a little over a year, can only glimpse at the ghost of what the server was before me.

...Thank you for the story!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
Ohey, Chrono Trigger!

Love that game.

Welcome!