Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: How'ya doin, dollface?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I am a bit of a mystery for people to get to know at times. Other times I'm an open book, I style myself as a very curious individual. Which you'll likely see soon. I don't play competitively or for fame, glory, rewards. That said, I often expect a certain quality out of my own RP and that of those I RP with... As for the rest. I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I hail form America-land. The place with all the fathead dummies.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Originally I played Warcraft I when I was much younger.. Then I actually 'got into' Warcraft with Warcraft III. I eventually began roleplaying on it over time.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I have heard of this server a hundred times, and shied away from it many a time. For various reasons, some of them good, a lot of them not. At this current moment I'm joining for the benefit of a few friends of mine, as for personal gain, well... I just love to RP.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Toooonnns of ERP. I jest of course. I enjoy all sorts of RP to be honest. I often stick with 'commoner' or social Roleplay. Sometimes I'll just have some traveling vendor. It isn't rare to see me RPing a Mage or some form of magic user. I rarely shoot for Assassin/Thief/Rogue sorts, the same goes for soldiers and warriors. I will almost never touch a Paladin. This comes mainly form the Paladin Playerbase on most, if not all roleplay servers. I do however like to Roleplay priests, usually as a local healer or alchemist, or some wise preachy type. Though I like to mix things up a bit.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Humans: I like the humans because they are a versatile race. They can be holy saviors or demented, cruel beings. In general humans are just an all around good race to roleplay just about any sort of character you can conjure up.

Forsaken: A tragic character really, you have just as many, if not more options with the Forsaken. It's fun to play the suffering undead, or the crazed necromancer.

Tauren: Always been a fan of the big 'ol cow men. Although their roles are a little stricter, yet still fun. Plus they are wise, powerful, spiritual walking beef sandwiches.

[All I can really think of at the moment.. It's late.]

Priest, Mage, Necromancer, Blood Wizard, Priest, Shadow Priest... Umm.. Can't think of others really right now.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect to see quality roleplay, a helpful, friendly staff and community. Proper lore, no "OP" "Godly" or "Lolsy" characters running rampent through the streets. and in general a fun place to be and hang out with people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

"Maturity" and "Know when to quit"

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The cloaked man paced through the harsh white sand, the sun beating down on the helpless man, miles away from salvation. overhead the wild vultures circled ready to claim their prize. The lone wayfarer moved with much determination, stumbling in the sand he fell to his knees. a mighty gust of wind whipping the brown linen hood away. The man wore a pained visage, his scruffy face cracked and broken. the blue glowing orbs that were his eyes held only agony, the cracks which originated from his eyes trailed down his face and beyond down the neck and likely covering the entirety of his body. With a grunt he rose to his feet, clenched fists spilling sand as the were raised. Before the wanderer could take another step three loud cracks thundered across the barren desert, the man fell once again but this time he would not rise. the crimson blood flowed freely from three fresh gunshot wounds on his back. His job was not finished, his journey not over. He would not live to fight another day. This man would become one with the sands drifting for eternity.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope.
Hello there SnappyDolly, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

"This comes mainly form the Paladin Playerbase on most, if not all servers."

I don't know what about this made me chuckle; perhaps it's the vestige of truth that's exemplified within every soul who mains as a paladin.
Thanks for the tale.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
The tale? Of the "Truth about Paladins" or the short little story I left? Hrm, either way I would describe both as utter trash. ;]
While I hold no role of authority, I'd like to welcome you to CoTH on the behalf of... Well, me, really. :D
Thank you for the welcome. :P