Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Oggirok's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I have to admit, I haven't roleplayed much before. It wasn't until I played on a previous WoW private server with CappnRob that I began to roleplay Warcraft. I find it fun to create stories for our characters and to live them out in game. Me and CappnRob have discussed some stories that we would like to breathe life into should I be accepted.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the Good ol' U.S. of A's. English of course, is my primary language. I have a High School level knowledge of Spanish, but plan to go beyond that one day.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I can't remember how old I was exactly, but when I was a young kid, I visited my grandmother and grandfather's house for the summer. He had a copy of WarCraft II on his computer and I tried it out. I was hooked instantly. I never got around to completing the human campaign because the orcs had captivated me. And when he bought me WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos, it only further plummeted me into the addiction of WarCraft.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): My previously installed WoW client corrupted and I lost all my private server information on it. So I took a hiatus from WoW. But after re-installing it finally, CappnRob told me of this server. And wanting to finally roleplay the stories we had planned, I followed his advice and here I am again.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I mostly love dramatic roleplays. I thrive on drama and "sad" stories. I don't really understand why I am so drawn to these kind of stories, but they make me feel the most. When I roleplay characters, I want to feel the emotions they feel, love what they love. It helps me to roleplay better as them and understand them more.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite Race is a no brainer: Orcs.
They are unlike the stereotypical orcs of other fantasy settings, their history is rather informative and I like how Orcs are very central to the future of the Warcraft universe. Contrary to most interpretations of Orcs, the Warcraft Orcs were a peaceful race who descended into brutality because a few key Orcs. And to see Orcs rise from the ashes of bloodlust and be reborn into their more peaceful, shamanistic roots, it is akin to a Phoenix roaring back to life.

As much as I like the Orcs returning to their Shamanistic roots, my preferred playing style is that of a Warrior. When it comes to party playing, I find it hard to keep everyone healed and alive because it is hard for someone like me to play a healer when I have never done it much before. The best way I can keep people alive is by killing the enemy before it kills us.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server is to live some great stories. I know it may sound childish, but I care for the characters of WarCraft. I want to not only read the stories, but live them out. I want to put myself in the stories told.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Tolerance. I myself have religious beliefs and I am kind of touchy when people insult my religious beliefs. I believe everyone is entitled to any belief they want and everyone's religious beliefs should be respected. The tolerance rule is right at home with me because I hate it when people argue over personal beliefs and lifestyles.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: I was hiding in a small alleyway. Hiding from the cold rain,but more importantly, the guards. The guards in this town do not take kindly to thieves, even if they are but a child. Being an Orcish child certainly didn't help my case in a town who looked upon us as slaves and monsters. I was asking myself, was it worth it? Which was better? Dying of starvation or dying by an executioner's blade. Was this small loaf of bread really worth ending my life quicker than living through a more suffering, prolonged death?

No. I figured death to be my fate anyway, and I would rather die clean, than die a thief. I left the safety of the shadows, ready to face my fate. The guard's cold glare met with mine as I handed him the stolen bread. I presented myself on the ground, ready to face the certain execution. But fate had other things in store for me. "On your feet ya filthy beast. You life is safe...for today." The guard mumbled as he walked away, the sound of coins clinking in his bag. I sit there, pondering these turn of events, wondering what led to them. That was, until a voice broke the silence. "You know, you really shouldn't steal. Our kind is not very liked as it is." said the gruff, yet, sincere sounding voice. I looked at the man talking to me, an Orc like me, yet different. He was clean, adorned in shining plate armor that was recognized by all as the uniform of the Argent Dawn. I was in awe and shock. How could one, being of a race so detested by humans, be part of their order? I was again broken from my stupor by his voice. "Tell me son, what is your name? My name is Aggirok, and I am of the Argent Dawn as you can probably tell." I was silent for a minute, before muttering out my weak response. "I have no name sir..." The older Orc stood me up, brushing my shoulders off. "Well now, we can't have that can we? Come with me." And with that, he lifted me onto his back and began walking.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

After reading the rules, I only have this to ask. I know we should keep the religious talk to a minimum to avoid confrontation, but is it ok to have specific channels or private chats for specific religions and religious talk?
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Oggirok!Hug
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Oggirok Wrote:I know we should keep the religious talk to a minimum to avoid confrontation, but is it ok to have specific channels or private chats for specific religions and religious talk?

I think we'd rather you didn't go and make a private channel. Debate always has the potential to ignite hostility, so I'd say refrain from making a private channel. If you and friends agree to debate something in a group/party, no one can stop you. If you must take it into a party though, it's best to always remember the rules and policies of the server.:D
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If you still have more pressing questions:
  • Please feel free to Private-Message(PM) me or any staff for answers.
  • Ask the players in-game; many are very much willing to help! ^.^
  • Pay our wiki a visit. The CotH-Wiki is a host of much information.
Beyond this, please be sure to read the rules and policies.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!