Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Requiem of Rememberance: Banquet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

The Requiem of Remembrance

Quote: A formal invitation goes out to the aristocrats, nobles, and politicians over Azeroth. A wax seal bearing no insignia lands in mail boxes in all cities. Inside, a folded letter with a gold colored trim around the edges. It reads as follows.

You have been selected, as one who can make a change. We are fortunate to be alive, but with the wars past many aren't here to see this day. After the death of the Lich King we have all lost many, we mustn't forget them we must hold a Requiem of Remembrance for our lost love ones. With a modest donation we can aid the troops, family and people effected the most by this travesty that still lingers to this day. Take a moment will you, away from your personal lives to give to those less fortunate than us. We all came together during that hour of need, let us for another night come together if only to enjoy conversation and a nice drink.

To represent our tranquility amongst the storm, We will hold this on Northrend, in the exotic land of Sholazar. Security will be provided and the surrounding area's monitored closely. This is a tie and gown affair, or whatever ceremonial clothing you may have. This isn't the time to put down each other, but to celebrate our victory as denizens of Azeroth. Portals will be provided at the following locations. This is for the dignified, but its purpose is to help all we can. We will accept anyone who wishes to help. The bid is kept to a modest one gold for this experience, it includes catering, the finest wines and music and the rest of the proceeds go to a select group of those who need it. This is unbiased to faction helping all victims of the scourge equally.

[Image: Sholazar-1.jpg]

The Info

The Novalight House and a few other of it's allied Noble houses are planning an international aristocratic gathering of those with a reasonable amount of coin. The premise is to come together and support something they can all relate to; The effect of the Lich King. This isn't a noble exclusive, or Elf/Human exclusive RP. Even if you're an Orc, draenei, troll, Shaman or Druid you can still come and wear your headdresses, or other ceremonial garb to support your tribe or cause. Guild leaders and other types also welcomed. A meeting of the civilized.

The refreshments would be from different regions catered to ethnic perfection as to not alienate one race or group. Racism is not accepted. As stated there will be security. Hopefully I can get a GM to port the characters who can't fly. Also aiming for Saturday, October 1st around 3:00pm server time unless there is a conflicting event. I can push it back if conflicting something.

Premise

I have a couple ideas for this, mainly to mingle and stir up RP. Sholazar is a nice zone and fairly unused due to having to be leveled and thus a grunt to get there. Also it would be a great way to intersect RP, to make new allies and enemies. Meeting guild leaders or nobles from the other side of Azeroth mixing storylines. Events during this Banquet will effect the Cosmos posts but it isn't the sole purpose. I'd like to web RP together. Say your love stricken character runs into Kapre and want to find love. Or you meet the Forgotten Ones, possibilities are endless depending on the turnout. Maybe you wish to help Sterling Hart figure out the murder of Ophice. Or maybe you want to get drunk, mingle and Fight

The Fight

Fight? Whaat? At a banquet? Yes. The party will be crashed eventually. And will enter a fight or flight sequence. At this moment, you're character will be able to flea to safety through one of the numerous portals ushered by security. Or you can stay and fight and ruin your nice clothes. If you stay to fight there will be no char warnings, but you can get maimed pretty badly. I mean, it's a fight...so..Yeah.

Quote: Also if you wish to have your character join, but don't think they'd be on the sophisticated mailing list. There would be word of mouth and posters up in the major towns, especially Dalaran. It would stress the one gold bid though. Don't have gold Icly, come up with a way to get in, or get that gold. Instead of finding a simple reason you can't go, find an interesting reason why you can! Any questions or concerns, leave them. This would be the place to do it.
Crap... What is the master of shadows gonna wear! lol Mastus is unprepared for this.
I've wanted to get involved with TLoN for a lone time...
Well! This is the perfect time! Bring some dress clothes! Bring a companion! Bring booze!... Mastus is gonna need some...
Hahaha, yeah! I'm trying to get as many people involved as possible, I'd like I said want to snowball RP and get everyone together. It doesn't have to be about the Novalight vs Seregon, but I think this place would be the spot to meet. Maybe allies will wish to help later, or if someone helps the Novalights against the Seregon, the Novalight storyline can take a turn to help someone else. Trying to stir things up once again. Mastus is a Noble, he'll figure out something to wear.
Would House Seregon members be stricken from the guestlist? :)
Au contraire.

All of noble upbringing or status are welcome. (And I'm sure the less noble but subtle would also easily find their way in).
Mastus needs an all white fitttttted. Just sayin lol.
Jid, put the date up and fix the font so only the IC portion is curvy.

Do I have to format this too? >:C
And all Phoenix Knights that can make it are very expected.
Thinking of having the event play out in this fashion.

Depending on the turnout and the interest in the ambience of the ball, we can have what I will call "mingle RP" where everyone can be fancy, rich and at ball. This will also give people time to make it if they are running late or having time zone issues.

After this undetermined length of time, an event trigger will happen and the fight or flight option I listed will ensue. Players who would be genuinely scared, and aren't fighters can leave safely through the portals in which they came. Others who wish to defend while the others run for their lives will stay. No character warnings, but your character can get knocked out.

The combat will be a mass system, explained briefly in the War of Cosmos post. Ex:

Twelve goblins jump on the scene snarling and hissing to the air around them. The masses of aristocrats run in a herd, knocking over tables and chairs screaming for their lives. The goblins attack those who stand defiant.

Then I will roll the attack.

Everyone will roll and then emote dodging an annonymous mob. There won't be any goblins so thats why I used them as an example. So there will be multiple emotes like

Zariel raises an arcane shield, as the goblin's fireball hits it. Light ripples around him as he looks to the next one.

All simultaenously so we aren't waiting on turns and rolls and the scene of multiple fights goes on. Attacking will be as follows.

The twelve goblins jump back snarling triumphant; open to retaliation

Then I will roll for the number to beat.

If you beat that roll you kill one as they will have 1hp. So emote killing or knocking the enemy out or whatever the situation and character calls for.

There may be a boss battle, with a similar fight just with clearly more HP. He will probably spam AoEs for challenge and not OPness. I would like healers to be necessary but don't plan on dragging long fights out for no reason. But with the possibility of doing 4 or 5 dmg a turn with the mass fighting we should be alright. As I'm sure more than 4 or 5 people will stay around to fight. Any questions I can answer when I come back from work. Event this Saturday be sure to be there. Just figured I'd get everyone on the same page of the system and event formula before chaos ensues.

Edit: Also! If it's not to much to ask, can I request a GM's assistance for porting low levels, and possibly some light decoration. Tables and chairs maybe. If not I understand. But it'd be most appreciated! :D
Not quite sure why goblins are attacking, but hey.

...Unless that's just an example, and I'm incredibly dense.
Quote:Everyone will roll and then emote dodging an annonymous mob. There won't be any goblins so thats why I used them as an example. So there will be multiple emotes like

Quote:There won't be any goblins so thats why I used them as an example.

Quote:There won't be any goblins

nub
Who invited the nubcake. lol. I better get a violin son, that's all im sayin! Mastus = awesome musical genius. xD
Yeah A lot of planning. Also I encourage for people with Storylines to introduce them here. Lets web events, characters and ideas. New contacts equal more possibilities. Event tomorrow, Everyone bring their best dressed toon. Lol @ Grogloki, it will be interesting to see. I don't want the action to happen right away so chars have plenty of time to develop. Any other Questions? Also is it possible for ports and tables?
Pages: 1 2