Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've played WoW for almost 5 years now, and I'm mostly into PvP. Lately, I've been introduced to RP and love it (I've already had a few RP experiences so far), so I am looking for a community to interact with.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Romania. My primary language is Romanian, but I think I know English pretty well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother played World of Warcraft and got me interested. At first I didn't care for this game at all, but after watching him play I decided to give it a try and made a character on his account. Ever since then, I began to like the game more and more.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I found you by browsing the web searching for RP servers. This server seemed to be the best out of all of those servers I've seen (and I've seen many), so my friend and I decided we'd try to register in here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy any kinds of roleplay, but I prefer roleplaying in pairs to crowds, because I've never been a very communicative person, even on the internet. Of course, that may change if I ever try to RP a character that's outgoing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I think it's blood elf female warlock. I really love the lore of blood elves, and the warlock has always been the class that attracted me the most. It's the summoning of demons that really appeals to me about fiction and fantasy. But I don't usually use my female warlock for Roleplay, I usually use a male death knight.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A nice community of RP-ers and possibly new friends. I trust to find friendly and respectful people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Plagiarism. It's not really pleasant having someone copying what you do. Although copying is considered the first form of flattering, I really dislike it when people copy my stuff.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I stroke the broken mirror with my dead-cold hand, spreading the ice that's on it. My eyes are stuck on the pair of icy blue eyes in front of me.What have they done to me?I'm a monster, a walking lich. I let out a hoarse sigh as I, sad, close my eyes shut and remember....
'Death knights' I spit the two words before I let myself into the memory. Beasts...
I was eight years old when my father died...because of them. The only thing I remember is my father, being struck by a blade of a soulless monster. The beast was laughing as it killed my father. I was hidden along with my little sister, Aeron, watching the scene helplessly. I wanted to cry father's name, but that would have meant to put my sister and I's lives in danger. And he wouldn't have heard me anyway. So I stood there in silent pain, watching the murder going on in front of my eyes. I swore to get revenge on these monsters. And I wanted to respect my oath. I tried. It was the day I died, twenty years after the murder.
Having trained for twenty years, I thought I was prepared when I heard a group of death knights were attacking a city. I grabbed my father's armor and sword and went to defend the city, in hope of having my revenge. My best friend, Caelis, was also there with me, along with a few other people that hated Death Knights as much as I did...and still do. I was going to lead the group.
My sister wanted to come as well, but I didn't let her.
'But I do too want to avenge Father!' she shouted at me.
I replied on a calm voice: 'Aeron, it is too dangerous. I couldn't stand it if anything happened to you. You're not prepared to fight yet.' And saying this, I walked away leaving my home behind.
We got there right in time. I saw the walking corpses approaching and yelled "Fire at will!" to the hunters behind me. I charged one of them, but then I saw Caelis was about to be backstabbed by one of them and ran to help her. That's what it took me: a moment of distraction. I jumped and knocked off the monster attacking my friend, but then I realized what I did: put my life in danger. Everything happened so fast, and the memory is a bit blurry. I felt a sharp blade cutting the armor and getting to my skin, flesh being ripped off my abs as I collapsed and rolled over the ground. I stood there knelt, my body's weight supported in my arms as I felt warm blood leaking from my mouth. The sight became blurry and I heard Caelis crying my name.
'Seth!' I heard her shouting repeatedly and wanted to turn to see her. But then everything turned black. I fell on the ground awaiting death to take me. 'At least I am dying a noble death' I thought and closed my eyes.
I wish I remembered more than that, but death made me forget almost everything.
Then I woke up again in a place I've never seen before. My skin was feeling cold. Cold like a corpse. And my skin was incredibly pale. 'What happened?' I asked myself in a low voice and then, hearing how hoarse it was, along with everything else that had changed, I realized: I now was one of the monsters I hate. I wasn't any longer dead, but undead. I was sentenced to this miserable living: and it is forever. They couldn't have let me die a peaceful death. I was irreversibly turned into one of the things I hated the most.
I wish death would have erased the pain of losing everything as well as it did the memory, but it didn't. It only took the tears, I can't cry anymore. I have to keep the pain inside. It's consuming me...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just a little about me... Firstly, I am a female but you may find me RP-ing male characters (as you can see in the story before, the main character is a male blood elf death knight. I just like that sometimes - because I like variety in my RPs :D). I'm also an artist hobbyist.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, adoralynn!Hug
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

My only concern is spacing out your story. It might make it a bit easier to read!:D
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If you still have more pressing questions:
  • Please feel free to Private-Message(PM) me or any staff for answers.
  • Ask the players in-game; many are very much willing to help! ^.^
  • Pay our wiki a visit. The CotH-Wiki is a host of much information.
Beyond this, please be sure to read the rules and policies.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!