Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Fine, I'll do it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello, I am Circus.Freak, however, your website restricts me in my use of periods and so we worked out our differences and arrived at a compromise in which I would call myself Circus and the website would mentally visualize a .Freak wherever necessary, insofar as a website is capable of any mental exertion. I have been RPing since I first discovered that Lego could be used for something other than munching on and I never looked back. I like a wide variety of music and reading and spouting nonsense which no one pays attention to. I like to pretend I'm witty and smart, but really I'm just a benign fool, although I'm sure there are plenty of those around here, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. I really hate stereotypes, someone using a stereotype in a serious context is about the only thing that will get my back up.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am Canadian, although I never say 'aboot' and my use of the term 'eh' is extremely limited. I do say 'cair' instead of 'car' sometimes. I have spoken english since the time I was first able to speak english and I can also speak french, although my grammar is pretty rusty so don't ask me to RP in french.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got into Warcraft back when WC3 first came out, I'd never played much other than Lego Island and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and my brother went "Oooh, look at this game, it has swords! And MAGIC!" and I went, "What's up with the green dudes?" The rest is history.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I followed a group of friends here. I know, I'm an awful tool.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I like RP that involves mostly conversation between a small group of people with a few little exciting moments thrown in and I prefer not to sit around in one place too long. Walking around a bit makes the whole exercise seem a little less futile.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Almost all of my characters are gnomes, I'm not sure why I like them so much, maybe just because so many people dismiss them off-hand. My favourite class is the rogue, I've always like sneaky, stealthy characters who can get up to all sorts of mischief and then disappear back into the shadows.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect fun. For me. And possibly for you.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like the rule about humility, so many people seem to come and make characters who reflect their ultimate fantasy, and while I guess this sort of escapism isn't such a horrible thing, it really doesn't contribute to good storytelling when all the characters in the story have got every possible skill imaginable and are faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I can do this later, right? I'll do it later.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I hate doing introductions.
Circus.Freak, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

...I just have this feeling we'll be good friends, reading your introduction. I hope I'm right! Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round them here parts.

We also have a guide section on the forums, as well a restart profile guide of my own making, that I'd suggest glancing over before writing your first character profile as it will likely make the approval go a tad more smoothly.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me in-game (I'm usually on Uthaniel, Munix, Juna or Marian), or anyone else, really! I'm also always available for a forum PM.

Have fun!