Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction / Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, my name is Dan, a lot of people call me Lambo (just a typical nickname that I grew up with, long story). When I got into MMORPGS, I played Ragnarok Online and Final Fantasy XI, however my friend "converted" me to WoW, and I was hooked from the start. Ive always enjoyed novels that involve medieval sorts of magic and dragons, not to mention I had familiarized myself with WC3's lore from growing up with the game, so I was hooked. After a while, I realized I would spend hours upon hours on WoW Wiki, gawking at the massive amount of interesting lore my "pvp friends" didnt understand. So I started roleplaying on private realm on the side. Being filled with the typical rp-griefers, I searched google and found this beautiful gem of a server, exactly what I seem to be looking for. In game I come like to play a heroic role that is needed for survival, and like being depended on. This also blends into my RP style. Anything that gives me a challenge to preform a heroic task I love to take on, or die trying.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born and raised as a country boy from Tennessee in the USA. I speak english as well as any other typical player and can speak minor bits of german, but it was just a highschool class :)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was young Starcraft and Warcraft were two of my very favorite games, and I played the WC3 little side quest with Rexxar that was practically the inspiration for WoW at least 20 times, so when WoW was announced naturally I hopped on.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Google, simply put. All the other servers do not seem professional enough and any of them that offer RP also seem to have their share of Trolls and Jerks, however this one has an application system, which I have never seen. It makes me excited to know that, if accepted, the community will be easy to talk to and immerse myself in.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have played a few different kinds of Roles, such as the general rogue quiet type or the overzealous warrior, but I've found my favorite RP to play is the typically-nice-to-all sit down and drink hunter or paladin who is quick to boast about their tales and is always (sometimes overly) jolly. However, if I play a horde character I typically like to play an undead alchemist gone awry from the undercity, constantly mixing new brews and.... "befriending" new test subjects.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For Alliance, and role play, Human Paladin or Dwarf Hunter. The Hunter may be stereotypical drunkard but I enjoy the role of a excited young knight that wants nothing but to protect his comrades with the slight undertone of (strictly world-of-warcraft horde vs alliance) racism, and doesnt trust the slimy horde!

Or, if I choose horde, I like a noble tauren druid whom only wants peace from the world and wishes to restore as much land back to its once natural beauty as possible, or I prefer a creepy mean cold undead rogue ex-potions master from the Undercity, constantly coming up with new brews and concoctions.

Overall I enjoy playing many more characters than that in the role-playing aspect (mainly because there are just so many choices!) However in the ideas of my "main", I would most likely choose one of these.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Ideally, I want to be able to walk into a main tavern in a high-population RP area and be able to strike up a conversation with the community to start our own adventure, and not have to sit in a corner spamming "/4 LFG ANYONE THAT WANTS TO ROLE PLAY!!! PLEASE WHISPER ME!", then only finding 6 blood elf male rogues that all have the twin blades of azzinoth enchanted with mongoose in full T9, because it "looks cool". I like originality, color, stories, rather than just "me BE rogue, me so cool". Im looking for articulate players that can help me expand my stories while involving me in their own.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really really like the fact that Im having to fill out an application that will be read over by an admin, it makes me feel that the owners of this private server care and respect their community and really want to give a prime RP experience to anyone who is respectful and willing to be open minded. I dont like people who just troll others on the internet to get them to be mad, WoW is a game and should be treated as such, to where everyone is having an equally good time.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Alright, here goes... its been a while since I got these creative gears moving so bare with me...

Seryen awoke in the midst of the night, a cold sweat taking over him. The nightmares have been getting worse every consecutive day he stayed in Darkshire, but his work was hardly finished. He knew that he would be stuck in this miserable forest for weeks, possibly months.
Sent to investigate the ever - so - ominous Raven Hill Cemetery, he had discovered that the rumors of undead scourge rising from the crypts were not only true, but worse than he had been informed about. He knew he had signed up for extermination of all things unholy when he trained to be a paladin, however tonight he may get more than he bargained for.

Looking at the clock, he noticed it was nearly 2 AM, and could not go back to sleep for the fear of the nightmares may return. Dawning his comfortable robes, he stepped downstairs and approached the bar.
"Good lord lad, you look horrible," said quite the scruffy looking dwarf sitting at the bar, loaded blunderbuss lying next to his stool.
"Its been a long week friend, I just miss the family is all-"
"Say no more, chap! Aye! Bartender! Get this man a pint! And bring some of them dusky crab cakes youve been yappin about back there Grual!"

Sitting at the bar throwing back a few pints made the soggy, disgusting crab cakes taste... not so terrible.
"So whats your name, son?" asked the dwarf.
"Seryen, and yours?"
"Heran. What brings you to such a terribly bleak place such as Duskwood?"
"Well, I am here on behalf of the cathedral of light, trying to seal off some of the tombs and catacombs that the dead wont stay, well, dead in. We have been working on them for days now and I swear we haven't made of bit of progress, it seems that every day we go back there are MORE than when we started."
"Aye, the undead are a major problem around here. Been hearin' stories of even worse things in the night, however..."
Seryen gulped loudly as his neck hairs began to stand up on end. "Like... what?"
"The reason I'm here laddie!" Heran picks up his blunderbuss and pulls out a small silver bullet. "Worgen."
"Worgen?"
"Men who have been changed by a dark dark magic, to form a werewolf sort-of creature. Worgen."
"And you're here to.. what? Prove they exist?"
"Don't be so naive boy! I'm here to hunt them!"
"Oh..."
"Why are you awake this late anyway? Shouldn't you be resting for your exorcizing?"
"As much as I'd love to... I cant. I am plagued by these terrible nightmares."
"Explain."

"Well, it always starts the same, I am sitting here, in this tavern when I hear screams and cries coming from outside. I run up to my room to grab my arms, and look out the window to see a monstrous towering silhouette towering over the fountain in the town center. I run downstairs as quickly as I can to see the beast slay multiple members of the local militia at once, and there is nothing I can do to help them. I see it tear through this poor town and I am powerless to stop it. I still remember it so clearly too... the stitches, so many stitches..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I would be lying to you if I told you I was a professional Roleplayer, however I am a respectful person, and very open minded to other ideas and am now much more knowledgeable to all the lore the older I have become, however I always take criticism very seriously and would love the opportunity to RP with the best! Thank you for your time!
Hello there DanTheLambMan, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

I don't know anyone who roleplays professionally!
(I'm now wondering how wonderful a career that would be.)

Thanks for the story.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
...I like your name.