Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I'm creepy so don't approve this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Uhm, hello! I like to call myself a musician [failure?], a roleplayer [we'll see, right?], a perfectionist [OCD Hmph], and a writer.

Generally, my days consist of waking up early to an ungodly [from what I've been told] coffee addiction. Of course, I could care less what people think. I take my coffee like I prefer my women: Sweet beyond comparison [1/4 of my coffee = sugar]. Yes yes, I like women as well. A. Lot.

Still reading, I see! You'll most likely come to the conclusion that I over-type and ramble on. No worries, my friend, I'll make it as interesting as I can. [You could waste hours chatting with me]

Alright, I said I was a musician, eh? I lied. Not really.
I mostly play acoustic guitar and the voicebox. Lately, I have been refusing to sing for the public [or anyone] because I'm trying to write songs for myself and less for other people to like. Soon enough I hope to begin submitting my music to various sites like YouTube and PureVolume.
What type of music do I play? I play MY type. Duh. Anyway, you can refer to bands/artists like NeverShoutNever!, Bon Iver, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Used, and Cute Is What We Aim For. [I dislike well-known music and tend to desire music that actually helps me/has meaning. I did what I could to think of Artists/bands you would know, though.]

However, being lovers with music means I'll play ANYTHING that makes me feel. This also leads me to my vocal side [where it becomes hard to concentrate another instrument]: I am a screamer. I scream in Death Metal bands. I love screaming. It really helps me vent [I'm usually quiet and keep my anger to myself]. If I didn't scream, then I'd probably be cussing you out right now for making me write an introduction. I enjoy bands like Suicide Silence, Carnifex, The Agonist, Iwrestledabearonce, Bring Me The Horizon, ect ect ect. There's plenty I like.

Oh, I don't ONLY listen to these. I LOVE ALL MUSIC! For instance, I listen to classical most of the time when I'm not actively participating in the song [ie: singing, screaming, dancing, guitar'ing, sex'ing]. I also love ambient and meditative music.

Oh hey! I meditate. A lot. I'm also [for lack of a better label] a Buddhist.

ALRIGHT, I'll stop typing and move on to a different question.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the USA. Not willingly. I am not a patriot in the least. I truly believe we have been programmed and I dislike that thought. [Bet you think I'm crazy, but search 'Illuminati' on google]
I speak English and I believe I speak it well. I use it to my advantage in social situations by twisting things to work in my favor.
I'm learning Japanese. I love Japanese girls, anime, manga, and Japanese architecture. I will visit Japan one of these days. I WILL! [p.s. if you're Asian, then I'll probably be trying to make you smile and complimenting you all the time]

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Short story: My Father is a computer nerd.
Long story: I was raised on Blizzard's games. Starting out with Diablo and Starcraft, I quickly fell in love with their cinematics and the immersible-abilities of their games. They are unbelievably well-made and definitely deserve MORE than I can give them.
So why do I favor Warcraft? The lore. Lore, plot, storylines [ect] are what I look for MOST in a game. I want to feel like I am playing the role that they are trying to force me into.
I actually started my [serious] role-playing endeavors on Warcraft 3 [anyone remember DoBRP? I was/am Draike] Role-playing maps really did what I wanted: to enjoy the universe Blizzard has created with other players. I was so entranced by the world that was created. I've always favored the Forsaken's story line and I plan on EXCLUSIVELY playing as them on this server. You may see me as a Blood Elf or Human, but that'll be only as a supporting role.
Of course, I'll play any role that I see as needed. I'm flexible like that and I don't need to be in control of the role-play. I'm perfectly content watching other peoples' stories unfold. What makes me happy is having a helping hand in that, though.

STILL reading? You have no idea how much I appreciate that. I realize I can be a bore when talking about myself.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I searched for role-playing servers [private] on Google and found this to be the most well put-together of them. I really want a server I can be a member of for years to come and grow with. I actually did this quite awhile back and rediscovered WoW [I quit before Cata] recently and didn't feel like paying for what I could [possibly] get free.

I used to role-play [TOO MUCH] on retail servers on Shadowmoon [I believe] I ran a guild on each of my characters [I love leadership roles because it gives me the power to TRULY help players grow. ie: they start young and flourish into beautiful role-players]. I've also seen myself as more capable of these roles because I am not power-hungry at all. I just understand that I can take care of a guild and give it the dedication it needs to truly thrive into it's fullest potential.
My most popular guild was actually the Silvermoon Guard [Go figure, BElves... [sigh]] where I REFUSED to let players just 'AHMAHGAWD I'MMA CAPTAIN' and instead started them on small missions in which I got other guilds I saw [usually darker/criminal-type guilds] involved to help their members as well.
I did what I could to show them it was about the role-play and not about winning the battle of good and evil, but you'd be surprised how many people are just wanting to go in 'AHMAHGAWD I STAB YOU I WIN WE LEAVE NAO I BE LEADER!' and missing the whole point [or maybe you completely understand if you've ever role-played in Silvermoon].

Did I mention that I ramble? I think I did.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy EVERY type of role-play that involves me playing a role. Beat Up

No, I mean it. Although my favorite are princely, kingly, leadership roles. I don't have to be more powerful/level 10000/invincible. In fact, I'd prefer quite the opposite. I like being an easily-vulnerable leader at first, and then [through the help of my followers] growing into someone who has hopes of taking care of myself.

Of course, another of my favorites is the crazy/insane/child-like/sweetness-loving romantic. It really represents another part of my inner-being and that makes it so easy to play as.

Another? Alright [just because I'm versatile like that], Bodyguard positions. I love them. Anything where I can be actively involved in protecting anyone from anything is awesome, but I enjoy being in outnumbered odds-against-us situations where the true will of people can be figured out. Also, it promotes bonding. Hug

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Forsaken/Death Knight
Blood Elf/Paladin
It kinda represents me.

Forsaken: I'm forsaken because I'm completely a freak in society. This doesn't really matter to be though because I am somewhat of a loner.
Death Knight: I've always had a dark side [much like] and have been drawn to do the wrong thing. I have strayed off the path of righteousness for my own needs and wants. That is completely fine with me. Though, I am growing away from that: I am what I am. I am no longer pure.

Paladin: But, fortunately, I was once pure. That pure heart still beats within' me. I enjoy healing/tanking and this class is perfect for that. What this translates to, to me, is that I love bringing others up [keeping them happily healthy] and taking hits for the team [I'm very resilient and my 'defense' is quite high. I'm accustomed to things I probably shouldn't be, but I can use that to help others NOT TO BE accustomed to them. ie: I've occasionally punched-on bullies to distract them from my friends and gotten jumped after school by many. Doesn't phase me anymore]
Blood Elf: Paladins for the horde. :/ I dislike Alliance.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect skilled role-play with correct grammar usage and read-able English. This role-play could extend over a few days and not be limited to however long we are both online. I love casual encounters, but I also love bonding experiences and the more/longer we role-play the more of a chance we have to bond as players and not just as characters. Because that's why I'm really here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
'Knowing When To Quit' and 'Respect'.
I've noticed a lot of people just get really greedy into fulfilling their own characters' goals that they fail to see others' goals. They don't even realize that nearly killing a character off who was just drunkenly being a fool is TOO FUCKING FAR [pardon me, personal experience].
Respect just ties into EVERYTHING. It shouldn't need to be a rule. But alas, some people don't understand how to treat others still.

In other news, I just ate a McChicken. [rubs tummy]

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

You realize I'm a writer?... oh well, let me think of something...
Code:
Poor poor Rufus. Why does everyone have to pick on him? Maybe it's because he is a retarded [to say the least] angel who can't even put words together, let alone fly the blue skies! Oh, how I feel so sorry for him, though. I know if I could just help him understand, then he could show everyone he was worthy of the beautiful wings that he has been given! Yes, I'll do it! If I don't, then who else will?

So downward I fly to the gorgeous Earth, for Rufus has been stuck there since the day of his birth. Nearly everyday I see him looking above to us. Sadly, the angels like to make a game of mocking people like him, especially him. It's not just us either. I have noticed plenty of cruelty from his peers as well! I really hope he's alright and that I'm not too late...

"Oh! There he is now!" I exclaim to myself.

Behind a few emerald trees and steel skyscrapers I begin to see a clearer picture of the mistreated child. His face is as white as a ghost, his eyes bordered in purple shades and sunken, but what's this? He's standing with another boy! A younger boy?

The boys are the only ones in a long strip of cement near a small, but glistening, pond. The trees are absolutely breathtaking and there is a lone wooden bench near where they stand.

Screams. Painful screams. Rufus is holding him helplessly from behind and holding him the air. He's shaking him!

Ah! What can I do?! I look around to find a handful-sized piece of particle board in a nearby trashcan. Then, using my ashen wings to swoop in, I toss the object at Rufus.
Sadly, we're forbidden to touch or reveal ourselves to humans...

I watch it arc straight into his head! Oh no! Right between the eyes, it hits him. Then I watch him stumble backward from the unexpected blow. Rufus's cry is easily heard from my perch. Something I expected.

"Rufus! RUFUS! Are you alright!?" From the younger boy, an anguished scream. Something I never expected.

Oh dear.

Rufus regains his balance quickly, "Yeah I-I'm al--" and then he falls backwards into the pavement.
As quickly as he has fallen, the younger one moves in to pick up Rufus's hand and tug him up. Saying earnestly, "I can't believe they always have to follow us just to terrorize us! Don't worry, they'll stop eventually".

Rufus pulls himself free and quickly shuffles through his pockets until he comes across the back-left pocket of his jeans. His hand comes out quickly, cuts appearing.
Rufus looks sadly at the other boy, "I-I'm sow-ray'... I-I bar-oak y-you-ar' glass-is-is."

"Ah, don't worry about it. My mom will buy me new ones... How about we go fix your hand! It's bleeding, Ruf'!" [prounce: roof]

Oh, geez. That did not go well. Maybe I should have watched a bit longer before I hastily jumped to conclusions. Why did I even expect Rufus to be mean to someone else? I'm so careless, but oh well. I've figured out exactly what I needed to.

Rufus doesn't need any help from me.

Back to the skies! I fly away.

"Ahh!" I scream loudly. I may have flew gracefully... into a branch...
Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

You can ask me ANYTHING. I am an open-book.
Please don't just say 'Welcome: blah blah b lah I'm a generic post". That really annoys me. Say something about something I wrote. Did you like my story? Are you a coffee addict? For god's sake, find something we have in common instead of just adding to your post count. Help me out even, did I type something wrong?

Oh yeah, did I mention I ramble? And I love Asian girls. Yes, I think I'll close with that.
I LOVE ASIAN GIRLS

Love,
Ace
Hmm....

Now as of recent GMs really dont do introductions, but I can't help as this one caught my eye as I ride home from school.

My good sir, I welcome you with open arms. I think you're going to come to enjoy yourself here in our little neck of the woods. You have a wonderful writing style and I look forward to seeing you about the server.

While this is not some automated message, I have to same the same things I once said when I took care of introductions. Be sure to check the wiki for information such as our semi-custom timeline as well as our age, height, and weight guidelines.

I wish I could tell you about my coffee addiction, but I revolt the stuff (unless it's frozen coffee. I love frozen coffee).

Once more, I welcome you and wish you best in your time here.

-Krilari
I am a coffee addict, and proud.
Welcome to CoTH, good sir!
You!

The one who responded to my introduction!
(09-27-2011, 10:52 AM)Krilari Wrote: [ -> ]... I wish I could tell you about my coffee addiction, but I revolt the stuff (unless it's frozen coffee. I love frozen coffee). ...

Thank you! I put ice in my coffee, actually. I just need it hot to dissolve the unholy amounts of sugar.

(09-27-2011, 10:52 AM)Krilari Wrote: [ -> ]...Now as of recent GMs really dont do introductions, but I can't help as this one caught my eye as I ride home from school...

I'm glad! You seem, from what I see, like a wonderful person and I look forward to creating a character! [working on it now]
I'll probably just throw the wiki on my bookmarks bar, actually. I believe this is my type of server and I can't believe I didn't type sign up sooner! Crazy

You wished me the best, I wish you the best as well! :D Hug

Too much love,
Ace
Make us do everything, do only the cool introductions and wrongly approve the first post, not the entire thread.

Typical GM! (Just kidding!)

Inamatus, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

...Your introduction is beautiful. Seriously. Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round them here parts.

We also have a guide section on the forums, as well a restart profile guide of my own making, that I'd suggest glancing over before writing your first character profile as it will likely make the approval go a tad more smoothly.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me in-game (I'm usually on Uthaniel, Munix, Juna or Marian), or anyone else, really! I'm also always available for a forum PM.

Have fun!
Welcome to the server! I hope you enjoy your time around here. :3
(09-27-2011, 11:05 AM)Adam255 Wrote: [ -> ]I am a coffee addict, and proud.
Welcome to CoTH, good sir!
Beer Coffee! ^_^

Beat Up I'll be looking through those guides. I hope to have a character up xometime in the next day or two. Right now, though, I'm re-re-re-reinstalling the client, but first I have to download it. Only 16 hours to go!

p.s. I play one character until that character dies/something happens that requires a long leave/story line completes.

Doesn't anybody do hugs anymore?,
Ace Hug
I like this guy. He's going to be great.

Welcome to the server!
I'm not a GM or FH, but you, my friend, are extremely entertaining. /highfive
So, fellow. In-game, my orcs are Kagrune and Marngor. I like you already. Hit me up and we can talk. You seem like a great fellow rambler!
Quote:Please don't just say 'Welcome: blah blah b lah I'm a generic post". That really annoys me. Say something about something I wrote. Did you like my story? Are you a coffee addict? For god's sake, find something we have in common instead of just adding to your post count. Help me out even, did I type something wrong?
(In my defense, the generic post up there was to make sure you had all needed guides linked to you.)

...That said, I actually rather like your choice of rules, as well as the fact you enjoy the Horde. That makes you a-okay on my book.

I also don't drink coffee. Please don't hit me?
Wow. I've never seen an intro thread -this- popular. . .
[kicks up his skirt and throws glitter everywhere]
Ahmahgawd, pop-ya-lair-ity!
You remind me of Lost!

Except you are neither lost nor a stranger.

Emoclew ot eht revres!

わたしわにほんごをはなしますよ!
おげんきですか?
Welcome to the server!
Pages: 1 2