Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Are You The One? My Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there CotH!! I've always wanted to find a community where any sincere RPing isn't interrupted by a "wtf you guys doing?" I've been looking over the wiki, forums, and other places of interest. I'm hoping that this server is more dedicated to actually RPing than other self-proclaimed private RP servers. So let's begin!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I really do enjoy RPing. It's almost like a guilty pleasure. Some people don't understand, but that's why I was looking for a community like you. When it comes to RPing, I love writing up back-stories for characters and becoming that character. But for once, I wanted to actually RP to the lore of the Warcraft Universe because it is so diverse and in-depth, it really lets you appreciate how much work Blizzard had put into it.

Anyways, I'm the type of player to adapt to any event situation, planned or unplanned, while actually staying in character (behavior, personality, etc). It irritates me when people are inconsistent. -_-

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Canada and if you are reading this, you should know it's English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother was really into it back in Vanilla and when TBC came around, I decided to try it out. I loved how vast the options and game play were.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Google. <3 But after a few keyword changes in the search bar, you guys showed up top. I clicked and investigated and liked what I've seen. So here I am!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Everything. Can be something as simple as meeting for a mead or an epic battle of some huge proportion. I can do anything and will enjoy it. Adult situations are also a possibility, if there's a reason or story development involved. Just random adult situations can be left on crappy web chat rooms.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I enjoy them all, but if I had to pick just one... Tauren. They are the gentle giants of all the races (in my opinion). Even though they are large and very formidable, they are in-tune with nature and revere the Earthmother, showing respect to the land they inhabit. They're also very flexible when it comes to classes, including my favorite(s), Druids and Shamans.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, with this kind of introduction requirement and the organization of the website and lore, I expect the see every player RPing when appropriate. I hope to get into a storyline as soon as possible and enjoy myself, and learn even more about the lore while creating a (slightly) different future.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The (new) introduction system and the level cap/Grunt rule. It shows that the team wants dedicated players who will remain active to keep the story alive.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Quote:An ear-piercing screech erupted from the Young Plainstrider as it dropped to the floor. Turon walked up to it and examined it. He picked up some loose feathers and took its beak. Everything nature provides shall be used in return. Thank you. He placed the items into his backpack and continued to hunt. He passed a few other young Tauren who too, were hunting.

"Turon! Enjoy the hunt and stop thanking each kill for it's bounty. We all respect nature for it's rewards, but we don't need to hinder the group's progress with it!!" Turon looked over his shoulder to see a Tauren warrior by the name of Duarn. He was very outspoken and ignorant at times, but a loyal Tauren indeed. Quite the opposite of Turon's timid and modest nature. "Do not mind me, I will not get lost. Carry on with the hunt", Turon shouted back. Duarn nodded and continued forward, charging at a Young Plainstrider. Turon followed the group quietly, enjoying the beautiful day and the thrill of the hunt.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The story was a little short, but I was just getting excited and wanted to get this over with so I can begin. Once I begin an actual bio on a character, then you will see much more detail and effort on my part.
Hello there Instinct, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Am I the one? I'm not sure, but you're approved!

Thank you for the story.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.