Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, my name is Jordan, but my friends call me Blue. I've been playing video games since I was old enough to hold a controller. I'm 22 years old now, and I have been RPing since my days playing DnD with my uncle when I was 13. Ever since then I've tried RPing in pretty much every setting I can, including IM, Forum, and Games. I first started playing MMOs with The Matrix Online, which to this day I believe to be my favorite game of all time. It was a small community and pretty much EVERYONE RPed on it. Good times, but I've also been playing WoW off and on since it was originally released. I didn't get into RP on WoW until the Burning Crusade era though. But I have been RPing on it ever since. I gave up on Raiding and PvP, at least to a hardcore level around mid Wrath as it was quickly losing it's appeal.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
North-Eastern USA, and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine thought I was stupid for playing a game liek The Matrix Online, said it lacked the content that WoW had. He didn't understand the appeal of games that went beyond Epic Items and good loot. But then again, he was an idiot, haha. But he eventually got me to try WoW and I've been in love with the lore of the Warcraft universe ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Well, I got tired of paying for a game that I wasn't interested in taking full advantage of anymore. I've played private servers before, but for less then a week at a time. But then I had the thought that maybe there were RP focused private servers that would fit me so much better. I simply googled it and wow, was I right. This was the first and most desirable looking site I found.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
There's no way for me to answer this other then: All of them. There is literally little I won't try in RP. I've played spineless cowards, and bull headed warriors. I've played perverted drunks and evil cultists. The list goes on and on. I've done mystery related RP, Story driven, tavern chit chat, all kinds.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc Warrior, because behind the savage blood lust for battle, there is an honorable soldier fighting for his people and his pride. Grom Hellscream remains one of my favorite lore characters of all time and he represents my love for orcish warriors perfectly.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A place where I can casually indulge in RP with others without having to worry about the greifing qualities of PvPers or hardcore raiders that I normally would on Blizzard servers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The bit on "keyboard skills" as you guys put it. all to often do I see RPers, new and old, substituting letters or even numbers for words or throwing an lol in or even a smiley. It's frustrating because it just shows a lack of skill, maturity, focus and I can't ever take these people seriously.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It's 1:30 am right now, I'll have to work on this part another time. I am sorry. >.<

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope!
Hello there Klien, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Why Blue, may I ask?

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
I'm not quite sure where the name started from, but I can only assume it started with the color of my eyes. Regardless, all through out high school I was called Blue.

I spent some time today swimming around the wiki site as well, looking at the guidelines and profiles I saw there. Good stuff, I must say.