Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: They were not always Forsaken...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I enjoy fantasy roleplaying games with depth and immersion. I started playing WoW a few months ago and enjoyed the setting, lore and gameplay, but unfortunately the immaturity of the majority of players on the specific server I was on eventually drove me away. I now wish to experience a Roleplaying server in the hope that this will elevate my experience of WoW to its deserved height.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from South Africa and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I think it is hard for any gamer not to be acquainted with one of the most marketed games of all time, but it was my interest in fantasy that
allowed WoW to maintain my interest.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): I wanted a deeper, more creative WoW experience and subsequently did some research on Google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I am quite new to the roleplaying experience so I guess I wish to partake in different types in order to find my preference. Overall, relaxed sounds like me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race: Undead Mage and Tauren Druid. They both offer a fantastical setting that is very unique in comparison to other MMORPGs.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to find a WoW community that adds an extra layer of depth to the game, and one in which I will feel at home.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The respect, maturity and tolerance rules, since these are cornerstones for any community to function.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I hope a character bio will suffice:

Much like all the Forsaken, Gravecrux was not always an inhabitant of the Undercity. Before the vile Lich King's curse spawned the mighty Scourge, Gravecrux knew a different world, one that was free of war and hatred. Born and raised in Darrowshire, Amroth Gravebane (as he was then known as) was the son of Tarroth Gravebane, captain of the Darrowshire Watch.

Following in his father's footsteps, the young Amroth showed signs of expertise in weapons of all forms, and soon all who knew him in Darrowshire saw the promise of a future captain in his natural aptitude in the ways of the warrior.

However, fate, or chance perhaps, had a different path in mind for the young Gravebane. The trainer of the Darrowshire Watch began to notice strange glows emanating from the weapons Amroth wielded during his training sessions. After one of Amroth's sparring opponents' wooden sword burst into flames and scorched the wielder's hand, it became clear that Amroth was gifted with the use of magic.

Tarroth Gravebane, being quite conservative in his ways, immediately arranged for Amroth to be taken in by the Wizard's Sanctum in the Mage Quarter of Stormwind. Although Amroth was reluctant to leave his home and the way of the warrior, he soon became accustomed to the Sanctum, and excelled in the use of magic.

A year before his graduation at the Wizard's Sanctum, Amroth recieved word from his father that Lordaeron was under heavy attack from the Scourge, and that Darrowshire would soon be under siege as well. Amroth's deep love for his home returned to him, and for the first time in years he was torn between leaving the Sanctum and finishing his training and studies. After a month's internal strife, and no further correspondence from his father, Amroth decided to postpone his training and return to Lordaeron.

Alas! On his return he discovered only death and destruction where Darrowshire once stood. Marduk Blackpool and Horgus the Ravager led an army of Scourge that eventually overpowered the valiant Darrowshire Watch. Amroth joined a group of survivors in Lordaeron who had formed something of militia and was waging guerrilla warfare on stray groups of Scourge. However, they were eventually overrun by the Scourge and Amroth Gravebane was reborn as Gravecrux.

After breaking from the Scourge and joining the Forsaken, Gravecrux has devoted his (un)life to pursuing the path of magic once more, in order to one day stand face to face with the Lich King and his generals. He is also occasionally seen wandering the ruins of Darrowshire, especially during the times the dead spirits return to re-enact the tragic Battle of Darrowshire.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not right now.
Welcome welcome!

It's interesting to see a player all the way from Africa, I believe that's probably one of the few continents that we didn't have a player on...

CotH world-wide, baby!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a look at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me, I'd be more than glad to help.
Excuse me, but is your name is a mixture of Horcrux and Grave?