Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: For Whom the Bell Tolls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: Eventbanner.jpg]

It’s your own fault you’re here.

You can’t deny it at all, your greed took control of your mind. No...you let it take control. Perhaps you’re just a greedy person. Either way, look at the mess it’s gotten you in. You’re stuck here, there’s no hope for anyone on these long forsaken ruins. Do you remember that hint of greed? Sure you do, how can you forget the cause of your death.

It was a simple day in that city that you happened to travel though, you know the one. Of course you’re always looking to help someone...for a price. The community board is a wonderful place to look, and so you did. There you saw an offer nearly too good to be true. A captain and his crew were looking or people to help uncover a treasure long forgotten.

What’s this?

They were in desperate need of some hero to come aid them, and said hero would get almost half of the reward themselves! Your greedy little mind didn’t even think to process how strang that was, how some random person would be that deserving of over half the reward. So what did you do?

You kept reading.

The odd feeling couldn’t make it past the thought of that treasure. The poster was blunt, saying that the captain had a great dislike of magi and asked that they not even consider such a trip. Odd, but understandable, right? The poster went on saying about how the captain had an allergy to most animals, thus hunters were not to bring a pet. Undead were allowed...provided that they understand the sea of full of hungry sharks, and one slip up could see them in the bellies of such creature. Death knights, oddly enough, were prohibited as well. The captain apparently had a son who was changed into one, and the reminded was just too much to bare.

Oh my? What’s this?

Only -one spot open-.

Needless to say you hurried your way to the bay. The interview went swell and you were hired on as a guard. The treasure was just in your grasp, but then the groaning of others was heard below the deck, a place you weren't allowed. As you turned to ask, a sharp pain was across your head. The world turned black as you saw an odd looking dog with a reversed mouth.

Now you’re here, dropped off with other poor souls like yourself. Some cult tricked and grabbed you and now you must survive. The others are starting to look tasty too, it’s been so long since you had a decent meal. And you’re -so cold-. Bodies burn, you know? You could warm yourself. Your greedy mind tells you still, you’re better than them and you deserve to survive.

Guess what?

They think the same thing.

Good luck, you greedy creature.

What's this?
Now that everyone has calmed down from the restart, it's time to get some events going to perk up the RP again, devolp characters and build plots! I had this event in the back of my head for a while and now it's going to come to play.

This is a survival/horror event, based off many influences that I have experienced. Yes, it is a week long, possibly longer if the characters don't catch on to the puzzles left around the event zone. Don't worry, I'll be here to give nudges just in case it starts going downhill.

The event.

In this event, you will find yourself drawn to a ship for whatever reason. Others will be aboard the ship, down on the third floor in which your characters has been forbidden to go to. When you least suspect it, you will find yourself knocked out by a mace to the back of your head.

Congratulations, you've just been kidnapped by a group of old god cultists who wish to appease their god by throwing you on an island in the middle of the ocean! You have been stripped of your possessions, though they're nice enough to let you keep your armor and weapons. Everything else is gone, your regents, books, cards. There is seemingly no way out either, the water bites at your flesh from the moment you enter it and the sharks are quick to start to swarm. Food is limited and the fires that are there are starting to die out.

Your job, as a player, is to survive for the week in the cursed island. Sadly, it won't be as simple as waiting for a rescue. There are things on the island which wish to devour your body and soul.

In order to escape, you must solve a puzzle left by the former victims who, judging by the bones on the island, did not manage to make it themselves.

Personal Events

Each character in the event will have their own solo-mini event based off the information given to me. These trial events will unlock clues or even items that will help them survive. When this is done, they will fall unconscious and be taken away from the main group. It is safe to each player and has no chance of death, as it is something they must do on their own.

They will also be told to drop the main party so that the personal event will be just that, personal. These events will force you to face both your strengths and weaknesses and put the character to the test. That being said, the more information given to me, the better I can make your characters personal event be.

OOC Stuff

This event will be player guided. The actions of the players will turn the course of the event, rather than the event being strictly A to B. I will only step in if it means the death of the vast majority of the group and to nudge hints so that the group -can- escape.

These hints will come in the form of 'intelligence' or 'perception' rolls. Those who beat these rolls will be told, over whispers, of something out of the ordinary that they might notice. This way it all ties into the event.

There will also be strength and other such challenges upon the island, giving a demand for brute strength as well as intelligence. I hope to incorporate such challenges so that each character can have a moment of triumph, rather than just being the person who tagged along while others take charge.

Date and Time:

I plan to start the event on October 23ed, 3pm server time.

Rules
  • 1 - All server rules must be followed, mainly respect.
  • 2 - Infighting is allowed and encouraged, but must follow thee rules:
  • 2a - Brawls are allowed so long as all players involved are okay with it and it gives no serious injuries beyond that of broken bones.
  • 2b - Anything more than broken bones must have the consent of all parties, a public maiming CW to all involved with their consent, and the consent of the current active DM. The DM's need to know so they can keep the flow of the event going.
  • 2c - Death is allowed with the consent of all players involved, the attacker knowing that it is an automatic CW on him once the deed is committed and the DM be informed ahead of time.
  • 3 - You must acknowledge there is a chance of death in this event, though only if the character does something to warrant it, such as try to 1v1 the stronger of monsters or not heading to the safe-zone.
  • 4 - I hold the right to ask a player to remove themselves from the event if they cause OOC complications.
  • 5 - Listen to the DMs.
  • 6 - By entering the event it means you are agreeing to the rules above.

As an side-note: If you feel a DM is being abusive you are encouraged to seek me (with a screenshot) and if in turn you feel that I am being abusive, you're equally encouraged to seek a GM - again, with a screenshot.

Fair is fair all the way around.

Entry Form:

If you agree to the rules and wish to enter the event, please PM me with the form below. I will be taking a leaf from Loxi's book and writing up a little personalized thing for each person who chooses to attend. Extra love to those who include a photo of a kitten.

I strongly encourage you do not add in characters you are attached to, due to the possibility of death. I encourage characters stale on RP, new characters that you need to kick-start, or characters you wish to turn around somehow and use this event as a catalyst!

The form
Spoiler:
Code:
[b]Player name:[/b]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b] [What they excell at combat wise]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] [What can easily bring them down]
[b]Skills:[/b] [Cooking, cleaning, sailing, hunting, ect]
[b]Possible way to trick the character into boarding the ship:[/b]

Restricted/Banned Classes/Races

Banned

Mage: The obvious reason is their ability to teleport, conjure food and create fire. They are a 'get out of jail free card' which is never any fun in an event.

Hunter/Warlock Pets: Pets are banned because it's an easy way for the master to collect food without putting themselves in danger, which is no fun, and it's an extra creature when it comes to fights.

Death Knight: Death knights are able to walk across water, which makes them able to avoid any blocked areas. They also can simply make a death gate and walk out, which takes away from the experience.

Restricted

Forsaken: These are allowed, but you must understand that you cannot simply walk in the water and leave the island. There are sharks about that will eat them, dead or not. I highly encourage people not to roll a forsaken for this, but if it is insisted upon, then they will be allowed under heavy moderation. I don't want the event to be an easy-ride for anyone.

Druids: Druids simply need to understand that they cannot shift into aquatic form and swim off. If the sharks don't kill them, the extreme cold of the water will.

Warlocks: The captain said no magi, but nothing about warlocks. It's safe to assume the same ban is upon them. If a warlock attempts to pass as a mage, they won't be allowed. If they attempt to pass off as a rogue perhaps with a dagger, then they would be allowed so long as they don't use any magic while near the crew. That is, until they are knocked out.

Misc
Every person, upon being knocked out, will be searched for things such as glyphs or runes. If marks are found they and could aid in an escape, such as levitation on a priest, they will be dropped off on a shore rather than taken. Glyphs that aid in strength are not cared about, as the cultists believe that the Old Gods are pleased then their prey puts up a fight. Please mention if you use the Glyphs ICly so they can be taken into account for your character!

Slots:
Because I don't have that much experiance with running events, I am going to put a limit on how many people may enter. This may change as I become more sure of myself. It will be a first-come first serve type deal. Please only apply if you plan on being active during the event. That being said, there are 25 26 open slots for players. This is -not- counting anyone who will be DMing the event.

Below is a list of those who are in the event and on what character.

Players
Spoiler:
1: Reese777 - Gregg Anders *
2: Avon - Marngor Twofingers *
3: Brisalis - Caravan Fairwinds [+1 for cat] *
4: Spiralin - Alonia Quickfix [+1 For cat] *
5: Aphetoros - The dead guy
6: imagenashyun - Mana'Gal Blindthunder *
7: Adam255 - Mystaraa *
8: Muhaha8 - Glyndin Stonefist [-1 for turtle]
9: IsolimTso - Thelviron
10: Nikolisko - Keydar
11: ~SPOT OPEN~
12: Sol - Askari Ambershine
13: Morhana - Kuthane Carter
14: Sprog - Vykona
15: Loxmardin - Elin
16: Schorse - Convoy McCall
17: Sirblingalot - Noel Hadgar
18: Delta - That one thing
19: Ruibarra - Sath'iena
20: ThePharaoh - Yeveryn
21: Psycho - Leyo [+1]
22: zenethen - Desdeynia
23: Lendri - Lendri
24: Steel - Pawn
25: Fortwit - Morinth [+100]

Mimloopen - Grelwaz [Will be allowed to join if external hard-drive if found]

DM's may also take part in the event, but will not count in the total allowed due to needing them to focus on DMing at key points. This way it will not take away from RP. Those DMing will be asked by me if they wish to.

DM's
Spoiler:
Reigen - Random NPCs [Not fully in event, pure DMing.
Krilari - Unknown
Hawk - Vetugo
Xigo - Unknown
Player name: Boan
Character name: Boan
Race: Sin'dorei
Class: Mage
Strengths: [What they excell at combat wise] He's fairly good at magic but is learning to fight with a sword.
Weaknesses: [What can easily bring them down] Being unable to cast any magic. Restriction of the hands.
Skills: [Cooking, cleaning, sailing, hunting, ect]
Possible way to trick the character into boarding the ship:Eh... he's just gullible for adventure.
Updates
As the event progresses, updates will be posted below this line so that people who are offline or wish to keep up with the story can stay informed. This won't be a summarize of events so much as important story elements.

When a clue for the event is found, it will also be posted in this section so that it's an easy reference for when the puzzle is ready to be solved. This way everyone gets a fair shot at it, rather than those who pick up an object and others can't really see the full detailed whisper.

Food Update!

Spoiler:
It only took us losing a third of our group to understand what was going on. They would complain about a rolling feeling in their stomach before they would puke and die.

Our food...after a day or so it starts to twist. At first we didn’t notice it because it doesn’t happen on the outside. We don’t bother to look on the inside.

As a test, we set a freshly killed crab out and watched it for two days. By the end of the second day...it was oozing this disgusting white pus. It smelled terrible and made our eyes water. Upon cutting it open we saw rotten meat and...eyes...so many eye staring out at us. The eyes then popped out and rolled around on the ground until we stomped on them.

Food must be eaten fresh or else it will kill us. We cannot hold onto what we bring in for a day...we cannot forever remain behind this safe wall. Every day we must send a hunter out to gather new food. Ever day we lose at least one man. We are now only twenty from forty. Half of us are gone.

I fear what happens when we run out of hunters, of if they refuse to go outside.

The Wall

Spoiler:
...And the magi banded together with the warlocks. It was stupid of the cultist to allow magi here, only using a silly stone that blocked portals. They could do so much more with their magic, and were doing so much more with the magic. The horrors haunt us, coming and and taking one or two of us. The screams still haunt me when I get my turn to sleep. At least it warns us still of their coming.

Today we spent our time using that little tools we had in order to shape rocks. It took nearly all our effort, but with the aid of magic we were able to do it. Each of us pulled them into marked positions around this abandoned village. Sadly we had to destroy a few of the bodies in order to make this possible. They will forgive us if they know that we need to do this to live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was done today. We had no idea what the magi had planned...but this...

They are heroes.

Purple stones now rest within the slots of our stone towers.

The magi and the warlocks got together and in a selfish act, the magi scrificed their lives. Their souls were trapped inside the gems and forced into the rock. Over time this...purple light started to form over the village and we could all hear this odd muttering. One by one the warlocks thrust themselves onto the stone and slit their throats.

Light exploded.

This purple light now speeds around the village, making a circle. We were all confused as to what it did until the warning sounded. The creatures rushed at us in our moment of glory only to be...repelled?

Upon touching the purple wall they screamed and the chanting grew louder. Whatever spell the warlocks and magi had used, it kept these...things...away from us. We were soon to discover we could pass in and out freely, but the creatures of this cursed place could not.

For now we are safe...we may sleep again...

Magic Seal

This is not yet known to the public.

Spoiler:
It is my twelfth day on this cursed island, I keep walking around when it is safe, trying to find what I may in order for escape...sadly nothing has crossed my eyes yet.

This is an interesting sight...I wonder what it means?

I am currently staring at some sort of...symbol...what it is I don’t know. Perhaps I will find out later.

-------------

I have come back to this symbol with a few friends. We are poking around it only to find that it is very unresponsive. The ground near it also appears to be indestructible, we cannot dig around it nor can we harm the symbol itself.

One of my closer companions has received a cut from the shovel, the idiot, it’s now being he-

What is this?

Upon the healing, the symbol started to glow and a hum filled the air. Perhaps we can at last break it!

-------------

It has been two days since we discovered that this symbol reacts to magic. Sadly the most it will do is making a very loud...annoying hum which gives us a rather heavy headache. No amount of casting seems to make it work...

I suppose we can only wait and see what will come of this. I just hope whatever it contains...that it’s friendly.

Third Seal

Spoiler:
I’m so close to discovering this one...so close...

It glowed upon my approach...so beautiful. It almost speaks to me. The others tell me I am obsessed by I am far from it. This one simply has had the most reaction now and days. I hear the warning in the distance, but I cannot leave yet, not when I’m so close to discovering how this one works.

The fog is coming it, but this is fine. Nothing will harm me so long as I keep low. I bet everything is too busy focusing on the village, they don’t care enough about me, no doubt.

It’s glowing brighter!

I’m not sure what caused it, perhaps my determination is what sets this symbol off? What more do I need in order to get it to react. I don’t care about the sounds around me, nor do I care about the calls of my name from the village. They just don’t understand how important this is!

I don’t even need a bunch of notes for this one, as I’m sure it will break before too much longer, I just need to keep thinking that I can do this, I am the only one here with enough wits about him to do this task. The others will worship me soon enough!

Something is near me...break you symbol...do something! The horrors are coming and I need your protection.

You’re glowing so bright now...but I feel something so warm dripping down my flesh...

Why is the ground red?

Everything is so dark now too, I feel tired. The seal is so bright.

Day One

Spoiler:
  • Everyone arrived on Island to be greeted by two NPCs, Fred and Jeff. Upon leading the others to the village, Fred is caught and torn by one of the monsters while everyone else runs to safety.
  • Upon reaching the village, they find that the barrier around it keeps monsters out for the most part. Jeff explains that he had been there for two years and that a group of cultist keeps bringing people in for food. Food rots after just a day and becomes poisoned.
  • One of the bird monsters breaks though the barrier, forcing people to fight. It is killed, but proves that if they are willing to risk themselves, the monsters can still get though, though are very weakened.

Day Two
Nothing of note happened.

Day Three
Spoiler:
  • A group hunted and brought home two Shoveltusk for food.
  • Mokaku found some of the researchers notes about a seal of magic on the platform outside of the village. His attempt to use magic to activate it failed.
  • Group was put into a magical sleep only to awaken deep within their minds. They were forced to take a spot on a chess board with Saronsen as the caller. Every time a piece was taken out, the character experienced extreme amounts of pain. In the end, the players won. After a selfless act, Saronsen and the group received a strange rod and a white pouch.
  • It was found that taking the magic from the barrier would cause it to fail and the raven spirit was one of the souls holding the barrier up.
  • Trollcat was troll.

Day Four
Spoiler:
  • The group once more found themselves put into a magical sleep. This time they were met by the spirit in which took the shape of a dragon. They were given a riddle and give objects to find within thirty minutes.
  • The group failed the first time, the crab refusing to leave the watered area. The riddle changed and the group had to go find the items once more.
  • The group passed the second time after learning that force did not solve everything. A hammer was made from the objects and given to them. They quickly learned that just brute strength did not lift the hammer and instead it was lifted by the one with the strongest mind.
  • Group went home only to go break the seal closet to camp. The hammer did not work, but the rod did. They channeled magic into the rod in order to break the seal.
  • The group fought a giant floating head which would call out human centipedes. The group managed to win with little to no injuries. Once dead, the monster turned out to be a soul trapped in evil which was now free. It returned to the barrier and strengthened it.
  • Saronsen and Des fished. Saronsen caught a shark, Des struggled with a few fish.

Day Five
Spoiler:
[*] Magic sleep annnnnd go!
[*] The group woke up to find themselves in a cage with a snake-lady begging for them to find her husband who was turned to stone and stolen away. She gave them clues as to who might know.
[*] They met a crocklisk spirit who would only tell them what he know in exchange for finding a ring he lost. The ring was found and put back on it's tooth. It told them to find the jailer of innocents.
[*] The jailer made the group chose between two seemingly good souls to find the one that was most evil and to be purged. After a very...very...very long debate and flaring emotions, they decided on the human who was then purged. The gnome gave the group a bag which turned into cookies in the real world.
[*] The group stumbled upon a blind wolf spirit in which they lead to his wife, a cat spirit. After the happy reunion the wife took them to meet Martle.
[*] Martle turned out to be a gargoyle spirit who needed the group to find Mr.Piddles. After chasing the small pug around, and learning WHY he was called Mr. Piddles, the group brought him back only for him to turn into a giant core-hound. He then lead them to the spot the statue was last at.
[*] They were lead to a unicorn who was a large jerk. After getting jumped on and tempted with a sugar-cube, he took the group to where the statue was.
[*] The status was purged and the serpent lord was freed. He returned home and gave the group an orb with a liquid that could deceive anything. They were then sent home.
[/list]

Day Six

- HNNNNGGGGGGGH SERVER CRASHES.

Day Seven
Spoiler:
  • Big surprise! Everyone got sucked into dreamscape again.
  • Everyone was put though the different scenarios they had listed in the last event.
  • Upon the last section, freeing both spirits, the hosting spirit gave into the corruption that had long plagued it.
  • BOSS FIGHT.
  • Corrupted spirit was killed, freeing the two twins that had been corrupted. They lead everyone back safely though the fog.

Finial Day
Spoiler:
  • Players used the hammer on the last seal.
  • BOSS FIGHT!
  • Upon the boss being defeated, the Raven took the group for a walk in the dreamscape, finally showing off his real apperance.
  • The Raven chatted with the group, asking them questions and having them reflect on their lives.
  • Back to the island, the group finds a ship and a finial rune.
  • Upon the suggestion of a scroll, the group adds each of the three objects to the big rune, which then shatters.
  • UBER BOSS FIGHT.
  • After the boss is defeated, the boat is free from the rocks. The spirits give everyone a sendoff.
  • As the boat leaves, the fog kicks in and blocks the island from view.
  • End of event, but is it the end for the spirits? Teehee~

Rewards Earned
  • Strange metal rod
  • Food preserving powder
  • Rather heavy hammer
  • Cookies
  • Liquid-filled orb.
  • Knowladge
Perhaps it'd be better to just anti-magic the whole area, yeah? Makes people able to play their characters.

Anti-magic runes are so main-stream man. *puts on hipsters glasses"

But really, they are used a lot in these type events. I would rather think the cultist would not waste their time and energy making and maintaining these runes when they could just be extremely picky.

I am going to remain firm on these things, at least until I become a more experienced DM.
Plus, Anti-magic runes are notoriously difficult to place down and have them stable.
Especially since if damaged or broken, the net begins to fail and all.
So, if you're on a wooden ship, why not just find and tear them out?

But yes, they are a tad over used.
Survival Horror= Win. *claps*
Hm. Death Knights are banned for walking across water. What about priests? They can levitate across water easily with a certain glyph. Shaman can as well, I believe.
Priests are allowed due to the fact that they require a regent for the levitating, and all regents will be stripped from them, same with shamans which need fish oil.

Edit: Magi need them for portals/teleporting, but many magi would posses the knowledge on how to make these stones. Blink needs nothing as well, and the mage could blink themselves from island to island.
Not quite. I mentioned the glyph, which allows the levitation without feathers. Glyphs are easily tattooed on flesh.
Ah, right! I'll make an edit to the post and add in a bit about all being searched for such things. I forget that you can tattoo's those on. I'm just fooled by the pretty glyph page being a book!
Mastus has glyph's tattooed on his persons. Hence his dashing good looks. *puts on stunna shades*
Can you save a slot for me until I can figure out what character I'm bringing? :3
Quote:5: Aphetoros - Some character that's probable gonna die anyway.

Sure, why not.
Will it turn out that the the island holds a magic light that make the world work for some reason (or the entrance to the old gods prison), and that an alternate universe where we weren't kidnapped turns out to just be the collected unconscious of our souls from after we die as we all became connected spiritually through this island?
Pages: 1 2 3 4