Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Skiesen's Introduction. (Hi!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hey guys. I'm actually feeling anxious on typing this up. Weird, right? Anyways, I've been interested in the roleplaying scene for quite a while now. It all started with the amazing fantasy stories I've witnessed, such as Lord of the Rings and Warcraft Three. (back when it was -well- played.) When I was a wee little kid, I would always imagine myself as a hero with a (plastic) sword and kill imaginary orcs. With that aside, I love roleplay despite myself being a novice. (or at least, I consider myself a novice.) I love gaming, it's practically my only hobby and past time. Awesome, right!?

However, I'm...very shy. I'm actually afraid of your judging eyes judging my application.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States of America. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?: I saw my dad play a neat game called Warcraft Three when I was a kid. So I yanked the game and played it as much as I could. That was the start of my Warcraft life, obviously. When World of Warcraft came out, I jumped onto it. I've played it from start to...almost finish. To about 4.1 Cataclysm. At that point, I figured the PvE and PvP was thinning out for me, but that's aside the point. I'm in the private server scene for one thing. Roleplay.

What made you seek our server over others?: A friend of mine was talking about Conquest of the Horde. I was genuinely interested, as I couldn't find any sort of roleplay server (or at least one without gigantic amazonian Night Elf women that are like, eight friggen' feet tall!?) And from what I could tell, he gave you guys a lot of credibility. (no, I do not know his forum or in game name. Yet.)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Honestly? It ranges. Tavern is a nice roleplay away from the KILLKILLSLASH I've seen all the time, no matter how senseless it was. On the other hand, adventuring-storyline based roleplays gives time for our characters to blossom and bloom, and adds nice drama (the -good- kind.) for a story.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't even know if I have one. Uh, as for a class, I seem obsessed with anything that can use a sword. Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight. (Maybe rogues. But on in game mechanics, they're sneaky bastids. :( ))

What are your expectations of this server?: I expect a kind, maybe with a kindred feeling in this server. Sure, roleplaying is damn important (at least for me.) but I doubt I'd get anywhere if I can't find a server with decent respect. I always closed myself off to my friends only, because everyone else in the public seemed dreadfully disrespectful or annoying.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The respect rules. We can't call people out, this makes me happy. It encourages a clean atmosphere around the whole server. (From all the places I've gone too, I've seen a lot of drama and people calling each other out.)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((I will be getting this out of the way. Oh man, here we go. Nervous again.))

Sauntering around a farm in Elwynn, I yawned. Nothing like a leisure stroll through the forest. With a water flask in hand, I valiantly patrolled the farm. Okay, not exactly valiantly. I am to await for a friend, and to dull the waiting time, I decided to patrol the farm as if I were a guard.

Accidentally bumping into one of the chickens, it started to squawk insanely at me, pecking at my boots. I looked down, stepping backwards.

"Wh-- Shoo!" I grunted, waving my foot back and forth to get the crazy white-feathered bird away from me. But it didn't work, as the chicken certainly held a ridiculously relentless personality, pecking me as much as it could.

"Alright, seriously!" I yelled, stumbling backwards. I lay on the ground, blacked out, dreaming on how I was commanding a gigantic chicken decked in viciously decorated armor...strutting around and destroying mere peasants and saving damsels. T'was a great start for an adventure.

((Not a...great story, but if needed, I can re-work the story and make it more serious. Or write a actual story.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
What do you call a fat penguin?
(Beat. Beat. Beat.)

An icebreaker!

Hello there Skiesen, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

You know, I actually knew that joke as 'polar bear'.

...It breaks the ice.

Thank you for the story, all the same. It needn't be particularly serious, I shall clarify!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.