Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Daymarh's Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hey! I quit WoW a couple of months back due to lack of funds and roleplay dying a little on the realm I was on but speaking to an old friend on MSN I realised that there was private servers to RP on instead! So... here I am. My name is Kaitlyn (call me Katie and die a horrible death by kitchen knife) and i'm 20 now as of quite recently. I'm possibly the most unreliable raider/pvp'er you'll ever stumble across due to lack of interest. I geared my warlock 5/5 T10.5 during WoTLK not for dps purposes but to RP in because I thought it was an awesome set! I'm a little nervous about this as I don't really know what to expect; but I hope it'll be good fun for everyone.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the United Kingdom, up north (eww) but my mother is from Chandigarh, India and my dad is from Dartford (eww, essex. Shandy drinking southern fairy)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I saw my uncles friend playing it on a laptop when I went to visit him and had a peek over his shoulder. I don't really remember how old I was at the time but the swords weren't that interesting. The big kitty that was letting you sit on him was very cute though! I wanted a pet owl too. When I first started playing I was a bit of a "n00b" and didn't appreciate the RTS games that had came before (didn't even know they existed) but when I first started RPing it was going fine until somebody mentioned the First War and I was like ... "you mean with Ahn'Qiraj, right?" in my head. I then proceeded to nerd it out and read every scrap of lore I could get my eyes on and I must say that I love Draenei. Their Lore is great.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): My directed me to one of those TOP100SITESWHEREHALFAREN'TEVENWARCRAFT abominations and I spent a few minutes dully scrolling until I saw this!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I used to roleplay a Warlock! I did for about 2 years or so. (Daymarh on Steamwheedle Cartel if you know me!) Over the course of time I went through a few guilds as my character went her own way. (Odd concept, but i've spoke with a few people and they agree with me that your character seems to have a mind of their own and just sort of... does what they want!) I like any sort of roleplay that doesn't go along the lines of everyday life, such as bumping into a friend in the pub. (Not that I do that often, eeek.) Warlocky (if that's not a word it should be) roleplay I found very fun as you had to find remote locations which led to new experiances for us (and those chasing us) and it was rather amusing the amount of guilds/characters who wanted me dead! (ICly, ofcourse.)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Draenei - I love the bond they have with eachother - and that they could probably run up to one they didn't know and burst into tears on the others shoulder and get a great deal of comforting. I think their Lore is great, and they have my sympathy for being so unfortunate (Sargeras, Y U SO MEAN?)
My favourite class would have to be a druid! Although, if I were a druid i'd spend most of my day as a cat sleeping in a tree. Meh.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope it's going to be good! I got bored of the trolls on my old server, and the awfully bad RPers. I had a little "project" going to help one or two of them, and it WAS going well - until I convinced them to go so far the other way that they came back on the other side of being bullshit. Gone from a super villian to an orphan who is missing 9/10 toes and is also 10 years old due to an "accident in the Caverns of Time". /Facepalm.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The maturity one! I think it's SO SO SO SO SO important to establish the difference between IC and OOC when RPing, as i've had countless people upset with me for saying nasty things (it was IC! Warlock! Figures!)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Daymarh sat hunched over in the oak seat, with a purple robe covered elbow on the edge of the uncomfortably firm table and her jaw proped on her hand.
Her eyes were as bleak as the surroundings she was sat in, a small tavern in Darkshire that was infested with dullards. The pub wasn't particularly loud but everybody spoke with such meloncholy monotonous mutters that it became one long drone in her ears that set her teeth to grind against eachother. She glared over her side, her jet black tail of hair that was tied back flicking to the other sunken shoulder of hers as she gave the unwashed masses a seething narrowing of her eyes. Oh how tempting to lace their tankards with spider venom and watch them clutch their chests and fall down. The young woman looked back to her lap and ran her gloved fingertips over the leatherbound tome that sat comfortably on the top of her legs. An aged barmaid shuffled to the edge of Daymarh's table and tapped her fingers in an out of time rhythm on the tabletop. "Can I get you anything, dear?" she slurred. The olive skinned woman raised her eyes with a vague disinterest, lifting her chin so that she could look down her nose at the older woman. "Water" she stated. Pursing her lips the possibly drunk lady staggered away from the table leaving the young shadowmancer to her sulking.

After several agonising minutes there was a rhythmic creaking of wood coming towards her from the door. She raised her eyes slowly to knee level before back down at her book that was now open. The chair opposite her cried out in horror as it was sat on, and the table became burdened with the weight of a scabbarded bastard sword that looked to weigh at least half as much as the young sorceress it was facing. Most of the occupants turned to stare at the hulking mercenary, and the other half were either too drunk to care or too scared to risk a glance should their eyes meet. Although an imposing figure, Daymarh had met Garen a few times before while her master had been present and was quite content that he wouldn't dare do anything she didn't like. She gazed up from her book and sighed, slowly closing it and putting it on the table before folding her arms. "So, what is it that is so important that you must drag me out to this wretched place at this damned time of night?" she growled. Everyone else in the tavern had halted their conversations so it seemed as if she was on the table screaming. People were now looking at Daymarh suspiciously, after all - what sort of woman in a robe speaks like that to a man in armour with a sword unless she is just as scary? Garen snorted, mildly amused and reached under his cloak to pull out an envelope which he put on the table before the young woman. Upon sighting the "artifact" she'd been waiting for her nose started to crinkle in distain. She impatiently snatched the letter from the table and rose to her feet, giving everyone present in the room a scalding glare before storming out of the bar muttering several expletives that could not possibly be repeated.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: I've heard this is Horde only, but I saw in a READ BEFORE POSTING type thing about a "Human going to Stormwind" so I assume this is not the case. CONFUSED! Doesn't matter if it is Horde only because I like Orcs and Undead too :D. I hate feeling my post is tl;dr and I haven't RP'd or wrote anything creative in ages so I probably suck a bit now.
Katie, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Sadly for you, Katie, the worst possible person could have read the introduction and your loathing for the nickname. Hello. I'm Uthaniel. Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round them here parts.

We also have a guide section on the forums, as well a restart profile guide of my own making, that I'd suggest glancing over before writing your first character profile as it will likely make the approval go a tad more smoothly.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me in-game (I'm usually on Uthaniel, Munix, Juna or Marian), or anyone else, really! I'm also always available for a forum PM.

Have fun!

Oh, by the way, we're not Horde only. The name can make you think otherwise, but we have players (and characters) of both factions.

Katie
... Hi. It be Galthar from Scarshield Legion/Amerand from Steamwheedle!

I thought I recognized the name from somewhere.

Welcome to the server!