Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Last Stand of the Silverpine Brigade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Last Stand of the Silverpine Brigade

The Silverpine Brigade was one of the less famous Brigades of the Army of the Kingdom of Lordaeron. They aided somewhat in the assault on Alterac during the Second War, and the defense of Quel’thalas. When the Third War came about, they traveled a bit with Arthas, past Stratholme where they joined the Lordaeron Navy in the sail for Northrend. On the way to Northrend, the ships containing the Silverpine Brigade lost course in a storm, and could not recollect their direction. They eventually came to a small chain of islands, where they decided to land and see what they could do.

The Silverpine Brigade had a mostly peaceful year of constructing a Keep from the building materials aboard a few of their ships, and then, just when they were finishing the frontal fortifications, the Scourge came. They came in numbers far beyond belief, and swarmed the Brigade. The Brigade made a brave stand, and rose victorious over their Scourge attackers, only to find their ships ravaged and broken, and half of their Brigade slain.

The Brigade has been holed up in their little island fort since that year, and whether by sickness, age, or Scourge, their numbers have been reduced to a mere few. These few have had no contact with the outside world for near a decade, but still they hold steadfast in their defense. A Captain and some twenty men and women of Lordaeron now hold the remains of Silverpine Keep.

It is from their beginning that your beginning sprouts.

You are Citizens of Azeroth. Whether you be Soldiers, Mercenaries, Merchants, Civilians, Nobles, or Servants of Evil. Whatever your cause, you were aboard the fated ship, The North Blade. The North Blade was an admirable ship, fit with many cannons, and set to withstand whatever harsh weather Northrend had to offer. It was one fated night that sent you into oblivion.

“Steadfast, my brothers! I spot a Hurricane off in the distance!” Came the call of the Blade’s Captain, Johnathan Randabar. “Lower the sails and prepare for a rough fight with the winds of Northrend, my comrades!” He cried out again.

You were enjoying an afternoon break, sitting around on the main deck, playing cards, drinking tea, or doing whatever you felt like doing. The crew of the Blade rushed along and about to prepare for the storm on the horizon. As the Blade neared the fiersome storm, you suddenly got an eerie feeling that all was not well… The ropes suddenly snapped on the sails, and the flaps of burlap came floating down. Then a Gargoyle screech followed.

“To arms, my comrades! The Scourge attack!” Came the cry of the mighty ship’s Captain. The Crew rushed around and gathered their rifles and swords and harpoons as the sky-bound Gargoyles swooped down to attack. And so began the battle for the North Blade.

Cries of Battle and Screams echoed across the top deck of the ship as you either stood and fought or cowered behind the crates and barrels. “We shall not falter! Show these Gargoyles the might of The North Blade!” Came the Captains voice once again. The Crew cheered in victory as the Gargoyles flew away, only for them all to look up, as a Frost Wyrm dove towards the ship, alongside a larger flock of Gargoyles.

“Watch out!” Came the shrill cry of a crew member as the Frost Wyrm dove through the ship’s middle and sent it plummeting into the sea.

“Steady, my comrades! Handle the rowboats! Quickly now!” Said the Captain in a final act of command before a Gargoyle swooped down at him, meeting cutlass. The Captain was then overrun by a swarm of Gargoyles, and his commanding tone was no longer heard. The Rowboats were managed into the cold sea as you rushed along with the remaining crew. The Gargoyles picked off stragglers almost like it wasn’t hard.

“Row like hell!” Came the cry of the First Mate as he boarded his rowboat, grabbing a paddle and swiftly rowing away. The Rowboats slowly advanced forward into the Frozen Sea, leaving the sinking wreckage that was once the mighty North Blade behind them. However, their attackers were not going to let them off so easily. The Frost Wyrm circled above the coalition of rowboats as Gargoyles swooped down and mangled those that did not drop in fear. After a while, the Gargoyles raised up again, and the Frost Wyrm dove into the Sea, right in the center of the Rowboat Navy.

A giant wave came crashing over you all, and then… Darkness. Is this what death feels like? You think to yourself. After a moment of silence and darkness, you fade in and out of consciousness as you can hear talking.

“Come on, men! Haul these poor souls up into the Keep! They need warmth and food!...” Came a commanding voice from nearby, as you felt yourself being picked up out of the water, and carried by your arms and legs.

The last time you remember conscious sight, there was a warm blanket being put over you and a warm bowl of soup by your side. Then Darkness.

This is the beginning and the end of the Story of the Silverpine Brigade.

OOC Jazz

Put it in list form, to reduce block-of-text-ness.

-Anyone is welcome.

-ANYONE is welcome.

-Your character might be subject to malnutrition.

-I am -not- trying to make some epic event where heroes win and all that. This is a depressing storyline. Be prepared.

-You will be in this event for one - that's 1 - week of survival against consistent attacks by the Scourge, and you will be given many respiteful moments for other RP.

-Your character(s) are not alone in this fight. There are 30 other NPCs around that join the fight with you.

-OOC Location: Onslaught Harbor, Icecrown

-IC Location: Silverpine Keep, Middle of Northern No-Man's-Sea. Replace those big ol' Onslaught banners with good ol' tattered Lordaeron banners, and take out the torture equipment, add crates and barrels.

-Please do not bring or cause OOC Drama to/in this event. Players who do so will be asked nicely to stop, and if repeated, will be asked to leave.

-The Brigade protects its own. You cannot attack the Brigade without expecting consequence, however, they don't truly care about internal conflicts among characters. If you -really- want to start something violent between you and another character, feel free, the Brigade won't try to stop it unless it gets near to you killing the person.

-If you're so eager to kill something, then hold it off for the daily-ish events that will offer more than enough Scourge to kill.

Some rules of combat and otherwise:

1. Each PC starts with 6 HP each encounter. NPC helpers and enemy forces will die at the DMs discretion.

2. If/when your character hits 0 HP, you have a choice between two things; Flee, or continue. Fleeing sacrifices your participation for this encounter, and continuing means that you accept the entailing CW for Character Death. If you choose to continue, you will have until -3 HP. Once you hit -3 HP, you -will- die.

3. If your character is killed during this event, you won't have to worry about not being able to recover a body. After the encounter is over, your body will be taken and preserved by priests and other such people until the end of the event. Server rules on death and resurrection still apply, you still have to wait the week, yadda yadda. Hopefully nobody will be dying during this event.

4. Combat for the encounters will be done through the good ol' threshold rolling system. For those that don't know what that is, I'll give an example.

Dalikan duh DM cries out; 'Hey, some Scourge be swingin' claws at ya. Roll above 30 to not get hit.'

You will /roll 100, and the result is hopefully self-explanatory. If you get above, you succeed in blocking/dodging/evading, if you get below, you get some scourge claws.

The same goes for attacks.

Some random stuff:

The Brigade has been isolated from the outside world for... Eight, nine years? Since Arthas left for Northrend way back when. So don't be surprised when they're all like 'Giant Bovine who talk, Blue Spacegoats, Elves with purple skin and amber eyes... High elves with green eyes... Not to mention undead that weren't killed by the survivors of the wreck...'

Your IC environment is pretty simple. Some dark mist caused by the Scourge envelops the island, replace those sloppy onslaught banners with Lordaeron banners... The ships in the harbor are sunk and down, and the islands aren't looking perfect for the wear and tear of the environment. It's not known how, but there seems to be something disabling use of portals and other means of getting off the islands. It seems the only was off is through conventional means, such as swimming, or sailing on a ship. Sadly for those swimmers, the water is hypothermically cold, and the sharks in the waters below are hungry for some adventurers.

Please remember, only the DM or our friendly GMs have the right to say what is true OOC Drama and what isn't. If you're just having a bad day, it's okay, we'll understand a bit. If you're personally attacking another player? Such attitude will not be accepted.

A List of your important NPC Compatriots:
-Gerald Jacobson, Captain of the Silverpine Brigade
-Alexandra Heartford, Chief Priest of the Silverpine Brigade
-Alexander Heartford, Armorer and General Supply Manager of the Brigade

List of Players and their characters for this event:

The Possibles:
CappnRob with Cristovao/Hrodebert/Aryeon
Brisalis with Caravan Fairwinds
imagenashyun (immy) with Jami

The 'Fo Sho's:
Ruibarra with... Surprise... RUIBARRA!
Arrillion with Rastus Donovan

If you'd like to have a character join this event, send me a PM or post in this thread the name of the character(Or just have me put anonymous). Everybody have a nice day now, and I hope you enjoy the event when it eventually comes to life.
Sounds cool. I might have Cristo join it, but no promises.
Dal, Rui is in it, and you know it!!! >=D *flex* Nee, mo peeps yus!!!
Is there really no-one with the bravery and courage to enter this event other then Rui and Rob? Absurd! Remember, it just takes a PM or a Forum Post.
:) War and Mayhem? Sounds great.

I'm tentatively putting Caravan Fairwinds in this. I will let you know if I choose to /random a character, though. :)
Actually, make Hrodebert and Aryeon possible candidates as well. I'll only bring one of them (no triple-boxing here, lulz), but all three of them have good potential here.
I'll run a character fro this for sure!

For the events, don't forget the brigade has to supply itself. Forage in the wild, get firewood, hunt animals, etc.

Edit: Recruit Rastus Donovan while you're at it :P
THE LIST! IT GROWS! Come on, people, populate this event, it'll only be really fun if it's like 16 people with the Brigade rather then like 7! ZE'AR EEZ NO LIMIT. BRING ON ZE WRATH.
Bring on the fury my fellow roleplayers, let's make this event one to remember for years to come! Don't you want to have the right to say 'I remember back in LSotSB...'?
This must happen! MAke it grow! *Throws miracle grow on it*
MAKE SURE TO READ THIS!

Official Start Date is set for December 26th, 2011. Hope that gives people to plan ahead and perhaps allow you to be able to join or so. Hopefully this week-plan coincides with everyone's happy winter-break from school, and if not, sadfaces galore!
I cannot make promises I'd be attending by then because there is a chance I'd be in the Philippines by that time, so even if I do have internet access, the time zones would be far more difficult to keep up with. Nevertheless, if I'm home here in the S by then, I'll be coming as Jami :).
If Immy goes in as Jami, I'm going in as Hrod. If she can't make it, I'll go as Aryeon or Cristo, with a bias for Aryeon.
Alright guys, the official start date is up, so I hope that inspires some of you to join now that you can plan it forward.

Thank you to all those who have signed up thus far, for the support and everything! I do hope that this event turns up to be a success. If it doesn't, I shall be SAD.
Is this event still happening on the 26th? I'm just making double-sure.
Pages: 1 2