Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rem's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Rem. That usually earns me a weird look as I‘m female (It’s not short for Remington, nor is it a play on the band R.E.M. god help me if it was). I’m 26, and I’m a huge lover of Video games. My weakness and favorite past-time. I’m a light industrial machine tech, which is a long way of saying I get greasy and twist bolts, change lights, and generally attempt to keep working robots running so the full-fledged techs deal only with the real heavy problems. I’m temporarily disabled now, due to some non-cancerous tumors that were discovered in my inner ear. I’m still improving, and I spend my ample amounts of free time smashing buttons, reading, drawling, and fishing. That’s right. A girl likes to fish!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from America. My Primary language is English, or at least the American version of it (har har!).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've heard about the World of Warcraft for some time, but only got to see it in action when I would visiting my uncle. He played then on the original servers and had what I think is called “Elf-esteem” in the WOW gaming world. He spent a good deal of time showing me his Night elf, His gear, even his dance moves and joke lines. Eventually he broke me down and I got a copy for myself. I played with him for a very short while, until I deactivated my blizzard account. Then my free time was such that I only got to play one day out of the week, and while it WAS fun it seemed a waist of money to me. That was some years ago. It wasn’t that long ago I was told about private servers and I picked up the game again.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I had played on a number of private servers with a few friends, But those where mainly PVP oriented. I could never fully get into that, Not only because I was (And to some degree still am) Re-learning the game, but because I love getting lost in the world and story of the games I play, and on those types of servers it was near impossible. I knew I needed a serious RP server, and I found you on the list of results I got from my first series of Google searches. Yours was the only one I could see myself enjoying fully.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I cannot answer that easily. I love all kinds! Role-play is in fact my favorite type of game and I’ve collected a good number of games from the genera. My favorite kind of role to play myself is one of the slightly aloof, Wandering researcher. Usually self-proclaimed at that. The girl that finds absolutely everything interesting and simply must learn more about it. Perhaps by poking it with a stick to start. Baby steps, you know?

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really do like all the races, but for purely goofy reasons I’ll have to pick Gnomes. How can you not like the little things with their crazy gadgets and their funny hair? It might be because there’s a sort of resemblance. I’m short, and for a time I was found covered in oil and grease with an over sized wrench in my hands. For classes though, the answer is Paladin. It’s a very well rounded class, with a noble cause to boot. However, I’m aware there exists no Gnome paladins. That’s a shame, really!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I only expect it to be well run, and mature, but most of all fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules on Humility. Those on Tolerance and Maturity are in a close battle for second, though. Good rules to live by, On Wow and off.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: I’ll tell you a story of another story teller. Let’s call him Bob (as I'll be making this up as i go!). Bob was a bard. In the town of Wheeling. He played an old, beaten lute that had several strings out of tune. But good ‘ol Bob, well, he made up for that with his voice. Some called him a lune as he sung and danced a jig to passers-by. Never made much coin, and slept under the sky, but he made enough to afford dinner of some sort or another. If he got lucky it was one of them tenderloins old McGreggor put out on discount. If Luck was less friendly, then it was a loaf of crusty, day old bread he’d get from the bakers down the way. Despite his hardships, Bob kept his feathered hat holding head held high. With a smile as bright as day, he spread his tales of strength and cheer to those who listened. Bob knew the score, as it happened before. That the town was in need. For a story-teller of his breed. For if he endeavored to travel off, the town’s hearts would slowly bleed. So he continued, good ‘ol Bob, Grinning with a nod, to tell his tales and sing his songs. To heal hearts that didn’t know they needed healing. In the town of Wheeling.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not at the moment but, I’ll keep you posted!
Rem, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Maybe your name is some other sort of acronym. "Really exotic mother", perhaps? Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round them here parts.

We also have a guide section on the forums, as well a restart profile guide of my own making, that I'd suggest glancing over before writing your first character profile as it will likely make the approval go a tad more smoothly.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me in-game (I'm usually on Uthaniel, Munix, Juna or Marian), or anyone else, really! I'm also always available for a forum PM.

Have fun!